Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost cat on the bed

Winelady63

Shortly after moving in with my mother to take care of her in a senior living housing complex  .I experienced seeing  a ghost cat in the daytime .walk across the room I excepted it because I know she had a cat that died in this apartment.But then nightly This unseen cat would jump up onto my bed then walk around. I’ve excepted that.then one night when I was listening to an audio tape about spirits in my room, That night The cat brought friends. I was chilled to the bone. and somethings was walking around in more places at the same time .I yelled at them saying they were not welcome you’re making me cold I’m not happy go away. another time my cat a real cat was on the bed with me and I turn off the lights all of a sudden  the It seemed the cat got kicked off the bed and something plopped  down right in front of me like the width of a person sitting next to me .I said I don’t know who you are but you are not welcome ,after 30 seconds it stopped but then I’m thinking maybe it was the cat and just laying down in front of me but I never had that much pressure before next to me It did kind of scare me but it did go away .I’ve just excepted that every night occurrence with this cat .It only last 30 seconds and then it stops I just don’t like when it bring company with it.I even bought a new Bed thinking it was my moms bed it was attracted to but it still came back that night.And for now on I can’t watch Unexplained mysteries or anything regarding ghosts so I figure they would come back that night again. Anyone else have the same problem .

Edited by Winelady63
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have heard enough quality stories to believe in ghost cats/dogs. I think the more sophisticated through human involvement an animal becomes the more afterlife (astral-life) it can experience.

I'd say just relax and let nothing bother you.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

It would be easier to understand your story if you used punctuation.  Are you saying that the ghost cat brought more ghost friends and you were afraid of them? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1(I spoke my text and accidentally sent it out before I read it. 2 (I edited it) 3 ( yes it freaked me out because I got cold to the bone, like being in the freezer section of a grocery store.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Winelady63 said:

1(I spoke my text and accidentally sent it out before I read it. 2 (I edited it) 3 ( yes it freaked me out because I got cold to the bone, like being in the freezer section of a grocery store.

Weird.  I have not experienced that.  I did experience waking up feeling the weight of my cat against my back, then feeling it jump off the bed.  The cat had been dead for 5 years.

• Like 3

Hello,

Here is a link to a thread in the Ghost's, Haunting's & The Paranormal topic on here, which I think you'll find quite interesting @Winelady63. It's about a person who, I say, successfully photographed her dead cat's ghost. Take a look please, it's to do with ghost cat's. 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/330467-cats-ghost-successfully-photographed/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think you should send the cat to the other side,it may have died suddenly and is still wandering.I don't like the sound of the other entity though,As you have done, let this know it's not welcome and don't converse with it more than that.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zygote_myles said:

Hello,

Here is a link to a thread in the Ghost's, Haunting's & The Paranormal topic on here, which I think you'll find quite interesting @Winelady63. It's about a person who, I say, successfully photographed her dead cat's ghost. Take a look please, it's to do with ghost cat's. 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/330467-cats-ghost-successfully-photographed/

It's not a ghost.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

Yes, it's a ghost all right @openozy. We may wish it isn't - but it is. The woman who took that photo is not a fraudster. 

Apart from my belief that ghosts can't be filmed,it's one of the most obvious live cat in action pics I've seen.Do you know this women personally?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Winelady63 said:

Shortly after moving in with my mother to take care of her in a senior living housing complex  .I experienced seeing  a ghost cat in the daytime .walk across the room I excepted it because I know she had a cat that died in this apartment.But then nightly This unseen cat would jump up onto my bed then walk around. I’ve excepted that.then one night when I was listening to an audio tape about spirits in my room, That night The cat brought friends. I was chilled to the bone. and somethings was walking around in more places at the same time .I yelled at them saying they were not welcome you’re making me cold I’m not happy go away. another time my cat a real cat was on the bed with me and I turn off the lights all of a sudden  the It seemed the cat got kicked off the bed and something plopped  down right in front of me like the width of a person sitting next to me .I said I don’t know who you are but you are not welcome ,after 30 seconds it stopped but then I’m thinking maybe it was the cat and just laying down in front of me but I never had that much pressure before next to me It did kind of scare me but it did go away .I’ve just excepted that every night occurrence with this cat .It only last 30 seconds and then it stops I just don’t like when it bring company with it.I even bought a new Bed thinking it was my moms bed it was attracted to but it still came back that night.And for now on I can’t watch Unexplained mysteries or anything regarding ghosts so I figure they would come back that night again. Anyone else have the same problem .

That is pretty wild, while I am not a true beleiver I do beleive you have experienced something.

Wlecome to the forum

• Like 2

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I have heard enough quality stories to believe in ghost cats/dogs. I think the more sophisticated through human involvement an animal becomes the more afterlife (astral-life) it can experience.

I'd say just relax and let nothing bother you.

What does the Papameter read on this one?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, openozy said:

Apart from my belief that ghosts can't be filmed,it's one of the most obvious live cat in action pics I've seen.Do you know this women personally?

Not personally, no. But I've read about her and listened to interviews with her and can gauge what kind of person she is. She's honest. She's had other paranormal kinds of experiences as well, which fits in with the fact that, generally speaking, if a person has had one paranormal type experience then they've probably had others as well. The ghost cat experiences and photos are just part that. 

The ghost cat photo may look like a time exposure, but it doesn't necessarily make it so. I mean for example, the Earth looks flat too, but we know it isn't.

She's telling the truth. 

Plus a lot of people have seen ghosts. It's common!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zygote_myles said:

Not personally, no. But I've read about her and listened to interviews with her and can gauge what kind of person she is. She's honest. She's had other paranormal kinds of experiences as well, which fits in with the fact that, generally speaking, if a person has had one paranormal type experience then they've probably had others as well. The ghost cat experiences and photos are just part that. 

The ghost cat photo may look like a time exposure, but it doesn't necessarily make it so. I mean for example, the Earth looks flat too, but we know it isn't.

She's telling the truth. 

Plus a lot of people have seen ghosts. It's common!

I've had hundreds of paranormal experiences in my lifetime including ghost/spirit sightings.Your preaching to the converted with this.To experience these things you have to be open and sensitive to it,being like this also gives you a good judgement of people.You don't know this women,people lie to get attention.She may be honest in thinking this is a pic of a ghost(which is doubtful) but sorry the paranormal world doesn't work like that and all ghost pics are fake or misidentified imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Please no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, openozy said:

"I've had hundreds of paranormal experiences in my lifetime including ghost/spirit sightings..."

"You don't know this women,people lie to get attention..."

Then, I don't believe you, you're just seeking attention. Stop your lying! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

Hello,

That's a picture of a real cat. I don't know if she's lying or just mistaken, but that's a real cat.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

On the question of ghost cats/dogs in general:

Papameter: 99% Ghost Cats/Dogs Exist      1% All Hoax, Imagination or Misinterpretation

On Winelady63's experiences:

Papameter: 80% Ghost Cats Involved     20% Hoax, Imagination or Misinterpretation

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

its about being open to delusions and make believe,  ghosts only exist in the mind of the believers so of course skeptics dont see them.

while i dont agree about people having special powers or stuff they imagine is real, "IF" they believe it they are not lying, mental issues yes.

i can respect that, the loon who took that alleged ghost cat pic in the other thread is a great example

Edited by the13bats
typos

22 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

Yes, it's a ghost all right @openozy. We may wish it isn't - but it is. The woman who took that photo is not a fraudster. 

Who the heck said it was fraud?  Being mistaken, misperceiving, or wishing it were something it isn't, has NOTHING whatsoever to do with fraud, and shame on you for pulling out this well-known divisive tactic.  Next you'll be saying we accused her of mental illness, right?

Stop it. 

As for that thread.  It might be a cat, the image is so poor no-one - including you who wants to believe - could say with any certainty.   We also don't have exif dates or any evidence to show that it wasn't just an accidental images taken before...  People make mistakes.  Brains shuffle memories.  The vast majority of ghost reports are merely errors or misidentifications.  Except those where the hotel needs a bit more business...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Next you'll be saying we accused her of mental illness, right?

Stop it. 

oops, :blush: i um did suggest that the lady who took that other threads ghost cat pic was looney, i read her blog it was my reaching, i will be more careful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

its about being open to delusions and make believe,  ghosts only exist in the mind of the believers so of course skeptics dont see them.

After decades of reading about this stuff phrases become cliché like ' I was a skeptic myself until (insert another story>' or 'my husband thought I was crazy until one day <insert story'>.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

After decades of reading about this stuff phrases become cliché like ' I was a skeptic myself until (insert another story>' or 'my husband thought I was crazy until one day <insert story'>.

cliché
[klēˈSHā]
NOUN
  1. a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought.
    "the old cliché “one man's meat is another man's poison.”"
    synonyms:
    platitude · 
    • a very predictable or unoriginal thing or person.
      "each building is a mishmash of tired clichés"
  2. printing
    BRITISH
    a stereotype or electrotype.

This is true, we have the tired cliche when a blind faither is asked for proof they say, "it doesnt work like that".

some people like to dramatise some alleged ghost experence by making some leading statement of how they "were" a skeptic but after blah blah they are now a "believer"  and this doesnt just happen with ghost stories but it's a very popular habit with people who claim to see bigfoot, and some people who jump that UFOs are aliens do it, "I was a confirmed skeptic of blah blah but when "I" saw blah blah that convinced me". and most times what convinced them is weak, giving me the impression they were a closet believer all along.

however, whatever dramatic lead in "cliche" they use doesnt add merit to a "story"  it doesnt suddenly make their story not delusion or just make believe, passion real or for flare doesnt  change the fact they still have zero actual proof their "story" isnt all in their imagination, real to them doesnt make it "real" across the board or make their alleged experence a fact.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

the fact they still have zero actual proof their "story" isnt all in their imagination, real to them doesnt make it "real" across the board or make their alleged experence a fact.

If it is just themselves who have witnessed something paranormal they may question themselves,when you have others witness something, it is proof to yourself and that's all the proof and conformation one needs,it's not entertainment for the masses.So that does make it fact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, openozy said:

If it is just themselves who have witnessed something paranormal they may question themselves,when you have others witness something, it is proof to yourself and that's all the proof and conformation one needs,it's not entertainment for the masses.So that does make it fact.

Nope still not a "fact"

If it's not "entertainment for the masses" and "if" there wasn't some need to share the alleged experence and hope to gain approval  attention whatever then it wouldn't be publicly boasted, it would be a very private thing, the person would be comfortable in what they believe and keep it to themselves.

"the fact they still have zero actual proof their "story" isnt all in their imagination, real to them doesnt make it "real" across the board or make their alleged experence a fact"

my point still applies, countless cult leaders, religious people, and brain washing psychopaths etc making bogus claims of special powers and or knowledge have in some cases convinced others of something not true, not really there, just because they have other witnesses claiming something unproven it still is just that unproven, it doesn't mean that its not all in their minds, and who knows if its made up or mental illness in the leader or the witnesses.

Doe convinced his followers in heavens gate to commit suicide, countless others like him.

this is like what i heard a believer in phychic abilities once say to the effect when asked lets see some phychic prove their powers, the cliche reply was "you dont understand , it doesnt work like that on demand"  sounds a bit like "its not enterrainment for the masses"  anyway that person goes right on to spew how a phychic they know said to them here allow me to demonstrate and does so which blows away the "it doesnt work like that excuse,"  if the alleged phychic can "show off" to try to impress.

I can respect not having proof but i dont respect bs excuses,

I see the whole idea of there were lots of witnesses to the event, but it's not entertainment for the masses the same type flawed paradox, or did the "leader" just get lucky that lots of witnesses were present when these events occurred, one off? doesnt count as proof for me, witnesses can be open to suggestion, why some types fall in with cult leaders.

I can ramble on and on but the simple "fact" is just because a person believes something doesnt make it fact, it can be called fact by them and to them in their mind it might be fact but its still just belief, that should be enough for them if they are secure and confident in they belief some believers are we dont hear from them many are not, it's no big deal, rather than get angry at me for not sharing their beliefs they can either move on or prove it, its just that simple and it's really a them problem.

Im fine with needing proof to believe their stories.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1