Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US betrays Kurdish Allies

Setton

Now I have heard that we are sending 3000 troops to defend Saudi Arabia.  I guess one difference between the kingdom and the Kurds is oil.  I guess it wasn't about keeping American soldiers out of harms way either.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Now I have heard that we are sending 3000 troops to defend Saudi Arabia.  I guess one difference between the kingdom and the Kurds is oil.  I guess it wasn't about keeping American soldiers out of harms way either.

It's pathetic. The US will send 3000 troops to protect a regime that shares 90% of ISIS's ideology and did nothing to stop its citizens sending vast sums of money to those terrorists. 

But it won't keep a handful of troops at their posts to save the people who beat ISIS from ethnic cleansing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:20 AM, spartan max2 said:

So now Liberals want someone like Bush? 

And conservatives want someone like Trump?

Lol

Trump ran on a non-intervention, pull out of the middle East policiy. So this is no suprise. He has been seeking to do an "America First" policy his entire time on office; pulling out of foreign engagements. 

You can't have it both ways people. If you want to have a presence in the middel east then you got to commit to it with actual war.

If you want to bring the troops home then you have to actually do it. and watch what happens after happen.

For the last decade everyone has been trying to do both. You can't. 

It is true that all of those people over there have been killing each other for centuries.  Why is it the job of the USA to police the entire middle east?  It isn't.

Look what happened when we tried to police S. Vietnam...12 years...50,000+ American Soldiers dead and hundreds of thousands wounded.  

If we want to stop aggression in Syria...we should go to war with Russia.  Anyone for that?

And what about  Congo's civil war?   There is definite ongoing ethnic cleansing massacres happening as we speak.  Should we have troops in the Congo policing that debacle?

And what about Boko Haram in Nigeria...should we send troops to Nigeria?  

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1

The highest bidder? 

How much per barrel of American blood I wonder... 

U.S. DEPLOYING FORCES TO SAUDI ARABIA, AND THE SAUDIS ARE PAYING FOR IT
By REUTERS
Trump said the United States would not bear the expense of the deployment. "Saudi Arabia, at my request, has agreed to pay us for everything we’re doing," he told reporters.

~

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

We don't really need Saudi oil ..... I think after all the help we have already given them, training their jet fighters, etc.  ...they would be able to defend themselves.  

It's all a big game ....and it has always been a big game.... between Russia and the US.  We should have taken out Iran a long, long time ago.  Notice no one...not even Trump dares touch Iran?  Ever wonder why?  I have.  Russia!   I have no doubts that all of Russia's Presidents...from Yeltsin to Putin... have told every US President '... if you attack Iran...we will declare war on the USA.   

Edited by joc

23 minutes ago, joc said:

It is true that all of those people over there have been killing each other for centuries.  Why is it the job of the USA to police the entire middle east?  It isn't.

Look what happened when we tried to police S. Vietnam...12 years...50,000+ American Soldiers dead and hundreds of thousands wounded.  

If we want to stop aggression in Syria...we should go to war with Russia.  Anyone for that?

And what about  Congo's civil war?   There is definite ongoing ethnic cleansing massacres happening as we speak.  Should we have troops in the Congo policing that debacle?

And what about Boko Haram in Nigeria...should we send troops to Nigeria?  

Are they your allies? 

Or are you just too much of a coward to support the people who died for you? 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Setton said:

Are they your allies? 

I'm sure the people of Hong Kong feel much the same way about you British. Are you ready to board a troopship, you coward?

11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

No it was to avoid a potential armed conflict with an important ally and driving them into the arms of Russia. I guess you could say we were stuck between Iraq and a hard place.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'm sure the people of Hong Kong feel much the same way about you British. Are you ready to board a troopship, you coward?

Except that we actually have pressured the Hong Kong government. And as a result, they have scrapped the law that started the protests. 

You, on the other hand, have only encouraged Turkey in slaughtering your allies. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Except that we actually have pressured the Hong Kong government. And as a result, they have scrapped the law that started the protests. 

You, on the other hand, have only encouraged Turkey in slaughtering your allies. 

Really ? The UK pressurised the Hong Kong government ? (for this, read the Chinese government) ? I rather thought it was the tens of thousands of Hong Kong residents that took to the streets that pressurised the Hong Kong government ? 

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Really ? The UK pressurised the Hong Kong government ? (for this, read the Chinese government) ? I rather thought it was the tens of thousands of Hong Kong residents that took to the streets that pressurised the Hong Kong government ? 

By no means saying the protestors did nothing but we had their back. Which is more than the US can do for their friends apparently. 

• Like 1

Just now, Setton said:

By no means saying the protestors did nothing but we had their back. Which is more than the US can do for their friends apparently. 

What did the U.K do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Are they your allies? 

The Kurds attacked ISIS for their own reasons, namely that ISIS hates them and would kill them if they could. 

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

In what way, precisely and in practical terms, did the UK have the Hong Kong protesters "back" ? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

The Kurds attacked ISIS for their own reasons, namely that ISIS hates them and would kill them if they could. 

If that were true, they had no need to fight all the way down to Baghuz. They fought that far on behalf of the US in exchange for US support. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Setton said:

If that were true, they had no need to fight all the way down to Baghuz. They fought that far on behalf of the US in exchange for US support. 

I don't think that is correct ? The Syrian Democratic Forces had to remove ISIS from all of its territory, or it would simply rebuild and counter-attack. 

11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I don't believe that the USA buys much in the way of Oil from the middle east ? I think it is more concerned of general global chaos if oil supplies are interrupted to Europe, Russia and China ? THAT is why it is reinforcing Saudi Arabia. 

What amazes me, is that Turkey, in essence, is annexing part of Syria, without any outrage similar to what happened when Russia annexed Crimea.

What’s the difference? There is NONE!

Dangerous days ahead ....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I don't think that is correct ? The Syrian Democratic Forces had to remove ISIS from all of its territory, or it would simply rebuild and counter-attack. 

Baghuz is well, well outside the Kurdish region of Syria. 

31 minutes ago, Setton said:

Baghuz is well, well outside the Kurdish region of Syria. 

Hmmm... interesting..... 

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

What amazes me, is that Turkey, in essence, is annexing part of Syria, without any outrage similar to what happened when Russia annexed Crimea.

What’s the difference? There is NONE!

Dangerous days ahead ....

Yes, there IS a difference. 

Crimea was a part of a democratic state. Syria was a despotic hellhole. 

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I don't believe that the USA buys much in the way of Oil from the middle east ? I think it is more concerned of general global chaos if oil supplies are interrupted to Europe, Russia and China ? THAT is why it is reinforcing Saudi Arabia. 

Being about oil is more than buying it.  You are right, chaos and economic woe in the rest of the world is not good for trade and the US economy.  

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Being about oil is more than buying it.  You are right, chaos and economic woe in the rest of the world is not good for trade and the US economy.  

Hmm.. yes.. true. 

2 hours ago, Setton said:

They have a fighting chance and we didn't change their citizenship status as you did to turn the Hong Kong people over to a totalitarian state.

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

They have a fighting chance and we didn't change their citizenship status as you did to turn the Hong Kong people over to a totalitarian state.

A fighting chance? The Kurds are equipped to go up against a local militia force - they have no air force or anti-aircraft capability. Turkey is a NATO force and will roll right over them. 

• Like 1