Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US betrays Kurdish Allies

Setton

In the aftermath of WWII, the allies betrayed the trust of Poland in order to establish a peace with the Soviet Union.  My father-in-law is Polish (now naturalized American) and a survivor of the Soviet gulags.  His insight with first hand knowledge had brought a deeper understanding.  Sometimes terrible decisions must be made for the greater good.  I'm pretty sure that Trump is trying to reset the status quo in the region.  People complain that we should get out of foreign entanglements.  Well, Trump is doing it.  Like it or not, he is fulfilling a campaign promise.  Where's Assad condemning the invasion of his country?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Setton said:

Oh look, its about money after all. Who'd have thought. 

You Americans are a ****ing disgrace. 

Educational video about the whole situation... Syrian Girl (who lives in Australia now but has her
finger on the political pulse in Syria)... talking with Owen Shroyer...

Around 15:30... she talks about it not being the job of America to protect the Kurds - that it's the job of
the Syrian Army to protect it's citizens and that the Kurds should / will form an alliance with Assad..
then it will be the Syrian Army who will push the Turkish Army back if necessary...

previous to that they talk about elements of Western Nations haven't wanted the Kurds to become officailly
aligned with Assad because that doesn't suit it's agenda of intervension and destabilization of the region..

and then there's the oil.... always the oil..... that Western Intervensionists want to get their hands on...
via the Kurds.... ?

It seems that what might have happened is that Trump has allowed the Kurd alliance with Syria + Assad
to develop.... instead of getting in the way of that happening...

of course all the Trump Detractors are screaming about it and the MSM are doing their usual hatchet job
on the POTUS... 

Truth be told if the Obama Administration (UK etc) had kept their noses out of Syria in the first place... Assad's
Syrian Army would have almost certainly got the situation under control at the beginning of the whole
Syrian debacle and countless lives would have been saved and millions of Syrians wouldn't have had their
lives ruined and / or had to flee to other countries.....

video... 31:43

Syrian Girl Explains Globalist Agenda For Permanent War In Syria   

• Like 2

There are reports starting to come out that the Kurds have reached an agreement with Assad and that elements of the Syrian arab army are moving into Kurdish held areas to counter Turkey.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

People complain that we should get out of foreign entanglements.  Well, Trump is doing it.  Like it or not, he is fulfilling a campaign promise. 

And yet we are sending troops to Saudi Arabia.  That is not getting out of entanglements.

The Kurds did not help us in Normandy, but as it turns out they did help in WWII against the Reich.  Kurds made up part of the iraqi forces fighting the Axis i the Middle East.  But really who cares.

We should remember our major allies like the Saudis who played such a critical part in the destruction of the twin towers.  If not for them we might not have declared a war on terror and got bogged doew all across the middle east.  Thanks Saudi Arabia,  You are true friends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good job US. No, seriously well done. 800 ISIS escaped so far and a Russian backed force is now on track to fight a NATO member. 

You couldn't have ****ed things up better if you'd been trying to. 

Turkey-Syria offensive: US to evacuate 1,000 troops as Turkey advances - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50034802

Now run away, you pathetic cowards. 

On 10/10/2019 at 6:49 AM, RoofGardener said:

Nobody cares about the Kurds.

You're probably correct for the most part.  I've been saying since the second Iraq war began that America should build an Incirlik type airbase in northern Iraq on the Kurdish territory.  They are Sunni Muslims but have been very reliable allies.  Carving out the territory in northern Iraq and southern Turkey would be a good retort for what Erdogan is doing and will continue to do.  Like most Islamist strongmen, he will only ever respect physical force.  Turkey has chosen to split with NATO in all but name only.  I don't give Incirlik another year to remain a U.S. base.  At a MINIMUM, Erdog needs to believe that we'll greatly strengthen his Kurdish foes if he begins to slaughter their civilians.

Curiously, the Syrian Army are moving up to support the Kurds on the northern Syrian frontier. 

This may be a purely symbolic act, as I doubt they would be able to stop the Turkish Army if it came to actual fighting . They MIGHT be able to provide mobile anti-aircraft systems, however. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Curiously, the Syrian Army are moving up to support the Kurds on the northern Syrian frontier. 

This may be a purely symbolic act, as I doubt they would be able to stop the Turkish Army if it came to actual fighting . They MIGHT be able to provide mobile anti-aircraft systems, however. 

Pretty sure their Russian allies are more than capable of stopping Turkey. 

Apparently some countries remember what an alliance is. 

6 minutes ago, Setton said:

Pretty sure their Russian allies are more than capable of stopping Turkey. 

Apparently some countries remember what an alliance is. 

Russia isn't allied with the Kurds. It is allied with Turkey. DO try and keep up, @Setton :P 

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Russia isn't allied with the Kurds. It is allied with Turkey. DO try and keep up, @Setton :P 

Russia is allied with Syria, not Turkey. 

Syria is going to confront Turkey. 

Turkey is part of NATO. 

So Russia is potentially on a collision course with NATO. 

Do try to keep up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Turkey is part of NATO. 

Do try to keep up. 

I think you'll find that Turkey has had quite a dramatic rapprochement with Russia since 2016 :)

I would certainly anticipate Russia using its veto in any anti-Turkish motions in the UN Security Council ! 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I think you'll find that Turkey has had quite a dramatic rapprochement with Russia since 2016 :)

I would certainly anticipate Russia using its veto in any anti-Turkish motions in the UN Security Council ! 

But they are not allies. 

Russia and Syria are. 

• Like 1

@RoofGardener @Setton - My opinion, you are both correct in certain regards.

Russia certainly is an ally of Turkey. Turkey is a UN nation but it is not clear to me if the UN will automatically back Turkey in this case because Turkey has invaded a foreign land and were not being attacked.

It is a strange mix of countries that could be involved here.

• Like 1

honestly why on earth is Turkey and Saudi Arabia US allies or European allies? I know why but other reasons talk louder than values.

5 hours ago, Setton said:

Turkey is part of NATO. 

Do try to keep up. 

nobody un Europe in their right mind will give Turkey military assistance on this matter, Turkey is the agressor, Nato is about defense, fk Erdogan

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, godnodog said:

honestly why on earth is Turkey and Saudi Arabia US allies or European allies? I know why but other reasons talk louder than values.

It's all politics, simple as that.

Look at Egypt. It was a dictatorship under Mubarak for thirty years. Every year the US gave "Egypt" $2 billion in economic aid. And in the end, when Mubarak was taken out, his net worth was over $60 billion - which means, our US aid to Egypt was really bribe money to Mubarak.

If you listened to the AMERICAN media talk about Egypt during  Mubarak's reign, however, you'd think he was the sweetest guy in the ME!

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

nobody un Europe in their right mind will give Turkey military assistance on this matter, Turkey is the agressor, Nato is about defense, fk Erdogan

The issue is if Syria/Russia keeps pushing and encroached on Turkish territory. Then, by the letter of our treaty, we should go to their defence. 

I suspect, and hope, we instead become mysteriously blind to the whole situation. Turkey and the US have caused this. They can sort it out. Or not. What matters right now is the Kurds are safe from ethnic cleansing and the US has handed our only reliable ally in the region to Russia. 

• Like 1

There is a message here for the world about the predictability of the US.  Many conservatives were all over Obama for his failure to do anything when his red line was crossed.  Now we have another President that huffs and puffs and does nothing.

A great message for Erdogan and Un and Xi and Putin and anybody else that wants to push us around. Unless they attack our homeland, they night be able to do what they choose.  I hope you Europeans realize you may be on your own.  After all, how many European ships helped defend Pearl Harbor?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Setton said:

The issue is if Syria/Russia keeps pushing and encroached on Turkish territory. Then, by the letter of our treaty, we should go to their defence. 

I suspect, and hope, we instead become mysteriously blind to the whole situation. Turkey and the US have caused this. They can sort it out. Or not. What matters right now is the Kurds are safe from ethnic cleansing and the US has handed our only reliable ally in the region to Russia. 

The issue is that Turkey invaded Syria, it´s also attacking the only pro-western group in the region, all in the name of "fighting terrorism", the end result is that the kurds had to ally themselves with a dicator in order to survive.
Sure Turkey may have some valid reasons in some points, but they are overkilling, so much that basically everyone is against them, most likely no NATO clauses can help them as they are the agressor party.

Edited by godnodog

2 hours ago, Setton said:

In what way is Syria or Russia encroaching on Turkish territory ? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, godnodog said:

The issue is that Turkey invaded Syria, it´s also attacking the only pro-western group in the region, ......

I would NOT describe the Arab Kurds as being "pro-Western" ? They are (mostly) pro-Kurd, when they are not arguing among themselves. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

In what way is Syria or Russia encroaching on Turkish territory ? 

You see this word? 

The issue is if Syria/Russia keeps pushing and encroached on Turkish territory

You should look it up.