Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US betrays Kurdish Allies

Setton

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

At some point the supporters of Trump will have to face reality and admit that Trump sucks at cutting deals. Mexico, Ukraine, Turkey etc.

IDK man thats an awful large, reality unraveling, kind of thread to pull. Once that is admitted the illusion is gone and they will be forced to realize they have thrown their full emotional support behind the very persona they have spent their lives proclaiming to hate:  An entitled, amoral, willfully ignorant rich kid with no skills and no work ethic who has spent his entire life living off of daddy's money and connections.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

At some point the supporters of Trump will have to face reality and admit that Trump sucks at cutting deals. Mexico, Ukraine, Turkey etc.

Yeah...he isn't a very good negotiator is he?  Pfffft....he's the best...what you don't like Cap'n is that he beat the pants off of Hillary.  Easy, easy...and he has never even run for dog catcher!  You think half the country is just plain old stupid?  How arrogant. We support the guy because ...for once...someone is actually doing what they said they would do if elected.  At some point you might want to ask yourself why the Media hates Trump sooooo much.  Could it be...hmmm...because the Media is a Democrat Branch and nothing more?   Wake up brother!  Your Witch lost the election...deal with it...that was a   l o n g  time ago.  Get over it.

44 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK man thats an awful large, reality unraveling, kind of thread to pull. Once that is admitted the illusion is gone and they will be forced to realize they have thrown their full emotional support behind the very persona they have spent their lives proclaiming to hate:  An entitled, amoral, willfully ignorant rich kid with no skills and no work ethic who has spent his entire life living off of daddy's money and connections.

An entitled, amoral, willfully ignorant rich kid with no skills and no work ethic who has spent his entire life living off of daddy's money and connections.

Wow...you have no love for the truth do you?  You will say anything about anybody that disagrees with your political diatribe.  Lies roll off of your tongue like drool off a Blood Hound's tongue.  Always wanting to fact check everything Trump says...and always lying about what the facts actually are.

no work ethic...pffft      no skills...pffft       spent his entire life living off of daddy's money and connections....pffft 

If you are just going to blatantly lie like that....or if you are dolt enough to actually believe the lies you banter about are truth....you will have to look me up in the lounge Bud!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, joc said:

Wow...you have no love for the truth do you?  You will say anything about anybody that disagrees with your political diatribe.  Lies roll off of your tongue like drool off a Blood Hound's tongue.  Always wanting to fact check everything Trump says...and always lying about what the facts actually are.

Believe me or not I would have told you the same thing about the man long before he ever entered politics. Many many Americans would have Joc.

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Believe me or not I would have told you the same thing about the man long before he ever entered politics. Many many Americans would have Joc.

Again ...another lie.  But that's okay...I'm not hearing you.....

headphones.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You've changed your avatar :o

What's the significance of the letter 'I' ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

According to Turkey, it wasn't a cease fire. It's only a holding operation that will last for a few days so that the Kurds can move out of the contested areas. I don't have the confidence in your fearless leader that you do. President Trump started this situation by throwing a snow ball which turn into an avalanche. Now he's grasping at anything to lessen the impact of his decisions, what it comes down to is he's doing far too little because it is certainly too late. That's what you call damage control, all of these things should have been done before Turkey invaded Syria.

mmmm hmmm....and what do you call Obama pulling out of Iraq? 

President Trump didn't start this situation....you are on thin ice there brother!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

I was tired of looking at Mitch and then got tired of looking for something else so:

C7T6kVqVoAA64Z1.jpg

• Haha 2

he couldn't spell out    I  D  I  O  T   in block letters...? :)  

• Haha 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

I was tired of looking at Mitch and then got tired of looking for something else so:

C7T6kVqVoAA64Z1.jpg

ROFLOFLOFL :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, joc said:

he couldn't spell out    I  D  I  O  T   in block letters...? :)  

Well i had the O but was missing the J and the C :o:P im kidding im kidding

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

They've spent 3 years looking at Trump as a role model. 

You really think they'll ever be capable of admitting they were wrong? 

1 hour ago, joc said:

Again ...another lie.  But that's okay...I'm not hearing you.....

headphones.jpg

Safe space! Safe space! Safe space!

The nasty man used facts! 

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

We are not required to help.  We do it if we think  it is right. 

This isn't exactly correct, IMO.  I think all citizens have a moral duty to help as they can the people who cannot help themselves.  The problem is when you have a class of leeches who dress well and can speak eloquently in front of a camera and think they can demand our money to redistribute it as a requirement of the law.  

Make no mistake, the group you see on that Dem debate stage would impose their will on Americans without thinking twice about it.  Another example yesterday was our dear Nancy who was giving a presser after her little drama with Trump.  At some point in her song and dance a reporter asked her "At what point do you just say let's let the voters decide?"  It seemed like a reasonable question.  The election is about 13 months out.  She said "The voters won't decide this"  "They decided in the last election and now we will do our duty"  I paraphrase.  She was making it clear that she would be the one with THAT power.  

6 hours ago, Setton said:

No, he's worked out a ceasefire between Turkey and Syria. Just for long enough for the Kurds to withdraw and let Turkey get on with their ethnic cleansing. 

He really doesn't know the Kurds at all... 

The Kurds are who Turkey is going after. If the Kurds withdraw, how will there be an ethnic cleansing on a larger scale?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The Kurds are who Turkey is going after. If the Kurds withdraw, how will there be an ethnic cleansing on a larger scale?

The Kurdish MILITARY are withdrawing. But I don't think the civilians... who actually LIVE in the towns... are going ? I have NO idea what will happen to THEM ? 

Trump has brokered a cease fire. And overall, I like what Trump is doing here.

One may claim I am a Trump flag-waver but the truth is, if Obama pulled US troops out, I would have cheered. I really want the US to disengage in the ME, it is not America's domain. One should look at America's own Monroe Doctrine and understand that the ME is NOT in our hemisphere.

Anyway, as suspected, when the US withdrew, the Syrians and Russians moved in. Well, hell! Isn't it Syria's job to protect Syrian territory from incursion? But the Syrians did the right thing initially, they stood around waiting for Uncle Sucker to do the fighting for them.

That ploy usually works. Not this time, thank you, Donald.

The Kurdish MILITARY are withdrawing. But I don't think the civilians... who actually LIVE in the towns... are going ? I have NO idea what will happen to THEM ? 

Didn't know there were many Kurd civilians there, I thought it was all Syrians and the fighting Kurds were just hiding out there.

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That will be the breaking point.  The fighters aren't going to leave their families to the tender mercies of the Turkish militia.  The whole thing will probably fall apart quickly.  If it does then he should go ahead with the sanctions.  Turkey has no justification to do a pre-emptive strike on these people.  It's just a goal of Erdog's.  If these Kurdish fighters were attacking Turkish civilians then I'd say Turkey had the right but that isn't happening, YET.  If the Turks crush the Kurdish civilians then woe betide the Turks in their own cities.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The Kurds are not all fighters. Even if all Kurds do move south and Erdoğan replaces them with Arabs, that's still ethnic cleansing. 

4 hours ago, and then said:

Make no mistake, the group you see on that Dem debate stage would impose their will on Americans without thinking twice about it.  Another example yesterday was our dear Nancy who was giving a presser after her little drama with Trump.  At some point in her song and dance a reporter asked her "At what point do you just say let's let the voters decide?"  It seemed like a reasonable question.  The election is about 13 months out.  She said "The voters won't decide this"  "They decided in the last election and now we will do our duty"  I paraphrase.  She was making it clear that she would be the one with THAT power.  

I believe that is stated as a power of Congress in the Constitution.   Lets have it one way or the other.  When the Dems complained about the popular vote and the electoral college, many Conservatives said, "Hold on here, that is the way it is set up in the Constitution.  If you want to change that, you have to change the Constitution."   That was and still is true.

As many of you have corrected me over time, this is not a Democracy but a representative republic.

Unlike Britain, we do not hold a special election if the prime minister gets a vote of no confidence.

As voters we get to express our opinion for the electors.    That happened in 2016 and will happen again in 2020.

Between elections, Congress has oversight of the Executive branch.  Nancy is correct.    Unless you want to negate the Constitution and start over,  voters will have to wait until 2020.

Look on the bright side, voters elect the House every two years.  If enough voters are incensed, Dems will be out for the count.  Mike Pence can hold things together if Trump is removed from office.  And he would likely run again in 2020.  If he wins, and Congress is solidly Republican, he can do anything he wants.

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Trump has brokered a cease fire. And overall, I like what Trump is doing here.

One may claim I am a Trump flag-waver but the truth is, if Obama pulled US troops out, I would have cheered. I really want the US to disengage in the ME, it is not America's domain. One should look at America's own Monroe Doctrine and understand that the ME is NOT in our hemisphere.

A pause the Turks say, not a cease fire,   We got out, the Turks got everything they wanted.  Another great deal like our victory in Vietnam?

But EarI,  do agree it is time to get out.  Just one thing I would change.  When we left Vietnam, we took Montagnard  and Hmong  and loyal Vietnamese allies out with us so they wouldn't get slaughtered.  We might be talking about 50-000 to 100,000 Kurds including their families in harm's way.   They liked America, they supported us, they will not get a homeland from Iraq, Turkey, or Iran. Maybe we zero out all immigrants from all other countries for a year or two and bring them here.  In 2016 we allowed in about 1.1 million immigrants through legal channels.  There  is even a separate category for refugees,  We let in 20+ thousand last year with a cap of 45,000.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

A pause the Turks say, not a cease fire,   We got out, the Turks got everything they wanted.  Another great deal like our victory in Vietnam?

But EarI,  do agree it is time to get out.  Just one thing I would change.  When we left Vietnam, we took Montagnard  and Hmong  and loyal Vietnamese allies out with us so they wouldn't get slaughtered.  We might be talking about 50-000 to 100,000 Kurds including their families in harm's way.   They liked America, they supported us, they will not get a homeland from Iraq, Turkey, or Iran. Maybe we zero out all immigrants from all other countries for a year or two and bring them here.  In 2016 we allowed in about 1.1 million immigrants through legal channels.  There  is even a separate category for refugees,  We let in 20+ thousand last year with a cap of 45,000.

Personally, I think that if the Turks were foolish enough to slaughter the civilian population, the US and several others will be in there to fight the Turks with everything possible. I think that Erdog is trying to get the Kurd fighters. Maybe I am naïve, we'll see.

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Look on the bright side, voters elect the House every two years. 

I appreciate the tutorial though, I think you may have missed the point, or maybe I misunderstand yours :) . The point I attempted to make was that she seems hell-bent now on pushing the Impeachment and was shutting down the reporter's question to show who was "driving the bus" so to speak.  It's a valid point the reporter made and I've heard others make it as well.  The idea of attempting to undo the will of the electorate over an issue that is FAR from being any kind of crisis when 13 months away the choice could be left, more legitimately, to the voters seems to be obviously politically driven.  

• Like 2