Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US betrays Kurdish Allies

Setton

1 hour ago, joc said:

Isis has been totally decimated by the 'idiot'.

Al Qaeda did not control a city or a region, and bin Laden probably had no more that a few hundred adherents  when they pulled of the greatest terrorist attack on American soil.  After that success, followers flocked to him by the thousands.  And no ISIS was not totally decimated by that "idiot."  Some were captured, some dispersed.  What is the word for a cancer, metastasized  I think, when it disperses from a tumor  to disperse into the whole body

• Thanks 3

Slap s Pro Democracy label on them and invite them to the White House on September 11th

~

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

No other President would have said in such a gloating and prideful fashion, "And they are paying for it,"  as if that makes it a sound business deal.

That becomes the concern for those of us that don't know the patriotic loving side of Trump as well as you do.  It makes it sound as if there were no world issues or strategy or patriotism involved, just that they are paying for it  and he thought that was good business.

Yadayadayada--Trump is icky--got it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yadayadayada--Trump is icky--got it. 

The arguments always reduce to that final point.   Cause..Trump

1 minute ago, and then said:

The arguments always reduce to that final point.   Cause..Trump

Yeah, they accuse him of dishonesty, yet are most appalled by his brutal and naked honesty.

• Thanks 1

That's pretty much what "Horse Face" Stormy said... 

~

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2019 at 9:13 AM, Kismit said:

I evidenced the President speaking and on a conservative friendly news source. And that is also where I get my evidence from, no left wing spinning required. Just the actual words out of Donald Trumps mouth.

All countries where US Soldiers are stationed pay a certain amount of money to help with the cost of having them there. During the first Gulf War Saudi Arabia did offer to pay our soldiers an addition amount of money above their Military pay. President Bush said no way can we accept that because that would make the appearance that our soldiers were mercenaries, so it never happened. I am certain that my statement above is correct, because I was one them.

I have tried to find a link, to this but I have had no luck sorry.

Here is a link where President Trump said the Saudis were paying for everything even our soldiers, but it appears according to the Washington Post that it may not true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/21/trumps-claim-saudis-will-pay-percent-cost/

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

All countries where US Soldiers are stationed pay a certain amount of money to help with the cost of having them there. During the first Gulf War Saudi Arabia did offer to pay our soldiers an addition amount of money above their Military pay. President Bush said no way can we accept that because that would make the appearance that our soldiers were mercenaries, so it never happened. I am certain that my statement above is correct, because I was one them.

I have tried to find a link, to this but I have had no luck sorry.

Here is a link where President Trump said the Saudis were paying for everything even our soldiers, but it appears according to the Washington Post that it may not true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/21/trumps-claim-saudis-will-pay-percent-cost/

Thank you Manwon and much respect for your service 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

That's pretty much what "Horse Face" Stormy said... 

~

Nothing but crickets chirping, Mac. Try spicing it up a little if you want this schtick to be a class act.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Nothing but crickets chirping, Mac. Try spicing it up a little if you want this schtick to be a class act.

Nothing to do with class, for Frumpy, it's a matter of how low can he go... for now 

~

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, they accuse him of dishonesty, yet are most appalled by his brutal and naked honesty.

It is not the brutal honesty that is the problematic but the motivation and the seeming lack of a consistent world view beyond personal benefit that is the more disturbing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

It is not the brutal honesty that is the problematic but the motivation and the seeming lack of a consistent world view beyond personal benefit that is the more disturbing

What personal benefit? He's impulsive and acts on caprice and whimsy, more often not to his personal benefit. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

What personal benefit? He's impulsive and acts on caprice and whimsy, more often not to his personal benefit. 

Personal benefit is more than money Hammerclaw, although there is likely some of that.  Personal benefit is ego and power and maintaining the illusion that he is as great as Lincoln and Washington and maybe even "The Chosen One."  Anything that goes wrong is somebody else's fault not his own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

When his Tax return is made public like every other President has done I will understand your point. That tax return is where his real problems are hiding, and sooner or later it going to come out. Hopefully sooner than later.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I totally agree with you, but you forgot to mention that he is a liar. Whether it's intentionally done or it's because he becomes impulsive and he just forgets the truth it's still wrong. The thing that surprises me the most is that his followers seem to think it's ok and that I don't understand.

22 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I totally agree with you, but you forgot to mention that he is a liar. Whether it's intentionally done or it's because he becomes impulsive and he just forgets the truth it's still wrong. The thing that surprises me the most is that his followers seem to think it's ok and that I don't understand.

What surprises me is people like you either are or feign being oblivious to the fact that all politicians are liars--a lot of them are lawyers too and professional liars twice over. 

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

What surprises me is people like you either are or feign being oblivious to the fact that all politicians are liars--a lot of them are lawyers too and professional liars twice over. 

Yes there is lying and then there are bold faced lairs like President Trump who lie in front of and too the entire world. Now maybe your oblivious to that or you just don't care and that surprises me about you, but I suppose that's the different between us. 

Take care.  

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes there is lying and then there are bold faced lairs like President Trump who lie in front of and too the entire world. Now maybe your oblivious to that or you just don't care and that surprises me about you, but I suppose that's the different between us. 

Take care.  

Yeah and your not surprising, at all. Yeah, like drawing a line in the sand and kicking dirt over it when the world points out it's been crossed. Oh, yes, I know all about that sort of lying. It's just when Trump does it, it's icky, right? How typical.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Al Qaeda did not control a city or a region, and bin Laden probably had no more that a few hundred adherents  when they pulled of the greatest terrorist attack on American soil.  After that success, followers flocked to him by the thousands.  And no ISIS was not totally decimated by that "idiot."  Some were captured, some dispersed.  What is the word for a cancer, metastasized  I think, when it disperses from a tumor  to disperse into the whole body

You are quite wrong Tat.   When you look at the territories that ISIS  controlled...they were quite literally decimated.

Edited by joc

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Take care.  

Your whole statement is a bold faced lie.  Trump is not a liar.  What did he lie about?  Can you name one thing without quoting The Global Leftist Media?  

6 minutes ago, joc said:

You are quite wrong Tat.   When you look at the territories that ISIS  controlled...they were quite literally decimated.

Technically, if they were decimated, they'd still have 90% of their territory but we'll leave the English lesson for later. 

ISIS may have lost its territory but is is not defeated. It existed for a long time before it took territory and will for a long time after. And they are still stronger and more of a threat now than before they seized their territory. 

Typical American foreign policy - all guns blazing then give up and run away when you realise it takes commitment. So short sighted... 

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

Technically, if they were decimated, they'd still have 90% of their territory but we'll leave the English lesson for later. 

ISIS may have lost its territory but is is not defeated. It existed for a long time before it took territory and will for a long time after. And they are still stronger and more of a threat now than before they seized their territory. 

Typical American foreign policy - all guns blazing then give up and run away when you realise it takes commitment. So short sighted... 

Well, I'd have to agree with you about ISIS. You see, ISIS are just a fundamentalist group who apply the Koran - and many Hadiths - rigorously. For so long as these texts exist, there will be Immam's who preach their fundamentalist (and violent supremacist) philosophy. And hence ISIS - or something exactly like it - will keep popping up. 

The problem is that a "moderate" muslim, if in debate with an ISIS fighter, would struggle to persuade the ISIS person of the error of their ways. Because - in terms of scripture - the ISIS fighter is actually correct.

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, I'd have to agree with you about ISIS. You see, ISIS are just a fundamentalist group who apply the Koran - and many Hadiths - rigorously. For so long as these texts exist, there will be Immam's who preach their fundamentalist (and violent supremacist) philosophy. And hence ISIS - or something exactly like it - will keep popping up. 

The problem is that a "moderate" muslim, if in debate with an ISIS fighter, would struggle to persuade the ISIS person of the error of their ways. Because - in terms of scripture - the ISIS fighter is actually correct.

No, they aren't. We've had this conversation too many times to be worth repeating. 

In brief, while a moderate Muslim will not follow all the Quran (just like a moderate Christian doesn't follow all of the Bible), ISIS deliberately twists the messages in the Quran to fit their strategy. This is evidenced by the fact that their senior religious authorities are relative nobodies. 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, joc said:

I understand your point joc, the territories they controlled were lost.   But all ISIS fighters were not taken, killed, or accounted for.   They may be dispersed, but they still have finances, a communication network, active recruitment,  and hate.  I don't think they will just sit around drinking Turkish coffee and talk about how much they hate the West.  I think they will still get up to some dangerous mischief.

• Like 1