Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US betrays Kurdish Allies

Setton

2 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

From what ex-pats tell me, the middle class is getting wrecked.

That's too bad, sincerely.  But my point was that America can strangle an economy regardless of the level of trade we have with them.  It's happening right now in Iran.  Do you recall the U.S. pastor that Erdog was holding hostage a couple of years ago?  Trump turned up economic pressure on them and suddenly, home the guy comes.  

If Erdogcrap tries to be too heavy handed against Kurdish civilians in that sector, the PKK is apt to make Turkish cities flow with civilian blood.

54 minutes ago, and then said:

If Erdogcrap tries to be too heavy handed against Kurdish civilians in that sector, the PKK is apt to make Turkish cities flow with civilian blood.

That's a point. I wonder if there are any rumblings going on now

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

: I apologize. I'll word it better in the future

Hey thanks man . I think I sounded more offended than I was but I do appreciate the sentiment. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

And after this betrayal, not much incentive to avoid Western collateral, is there? 

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Obviously this happening right after Trump gives the green light is complete coincidence, the cultists will argue:

Trump is a cult all right. No doubt in my mind about it. 

I feel for the Kurds, who truly deserve a homeland.  We should kick Turkey out of NATO, if possible. They're a bleeding sore, and a blight on western civilization, if you can even call them that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:52 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

People have to understand, yes the US/West says the Kurds are our friend, but they are terrorists to the Turks. 

The US was okay with the IRA as well....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The US was okay with the IRA as well....

Point.

I will agree that the Kurds have historically gotten the shaft. They need their own homeland that they once had, or at least some of it.

With that said, I see no reason why the US has to get in the middle of this squabble. The fighting  is amongst many people. Iran backs the Syrian fighters that fought IS. So does the US. The Russians back Syria. Turkey fights the Kurds,, and this can go on and on.

It has the making of a true world war. And then on top of it, the US wants to invade Iran who will be backed by Russia and China.

Let's get the hell out of that other-side-of-the-world hell hole.

• Like 2

It's going to be interesting to see how these green Turkish troops, who haven't fought a major land engagement in 90 years, fair against seasoned, well-armed Kurdish units. It may start to look like Trump unleashed the Kurds on Erdogan. If the US lifts it's no fly zone and the Syrian Air Force engages the interlopers, even more interesting.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I feel for the Kurds, who truly deserve a homeland.  We should kick Turkey out of NATO, if possible. They're a bleeding sore, and a blight on western civilization, if you can even call them that.

I fully agree with this.  Erdogan cannot be appeased, he will keep coming back for more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

If the US lifts it's no fly zone and the Syrian Air Force engages the interlopers, even more interesting.

It could get even more interesting if Israel decides to give a hand here and there.  As I said above, if Turkey tries to be heavy-handed against Kurdish civilians, the PKK may well swim in the blood of Turkish civilians.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

It could get even more interesting if Israel decides to give a hand here and there.  As I said above, if Turkey tries to be heavy-handed against Kurdish civilians, the PKK may well swim in the blood of Turkish civilians.

The Turkish army hasn't been in a standup fight with anyone since they defeated the Greeks in the Twenties. It should be an interesting contest between our two "allies".

• Like 2

I had a classmate in college who was Armenian. His family escaped to the US in the 1920's.  The Turks made a pretty good effort to wipe them out.  Maybe the Kurds are in a little better position to defend themselves,but it may not wind up much better in the end.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 10:59 PM, and then said:

Check me if I'm wrong but Iran doesn't have a huge export economy either, beyond oil.  How are THEY doing just now?  

Not particularly well, @and then. They are facing massive current-account deficits. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Turkey#Macroeconomic_trends

They are also in recession ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I had a classmate in college who was Armenian. His family escaped to the US in the 1920's.  The Turks made a pretty good effort to wipe them out.  Maybe the Kurds are in a little better position to defend themselves,but it may not wind up much better in the end.

The Turks have openly said that is there aim. 

Time to see if the great wise tangerine follows through on his threats. If not, well, I guess we know who he sides with. 

• Like 1

It appears that Britain has launched it's Joint Rapid Reaction Force !!! Heavy transport planes are airlifting Challenger II tanks, FV430 Armoured Personal Carriers, and both the 3rd Commando Brigade and 16th Airborne Brigade, along with three additional naval warships (two type23 frigates and one Type45 destroyer). The French are reportedly mobilising their Force d'action rapide, and Italy has moved several wings of Eurofighter Typhoons to Cyprus. 

Except, of course, non of the above is true. Nobody cares about the Kurds.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

The Turks have openly said that is there aim. 

Time to see if the great wise tangerine follows through on his threats. If not, well, I guess we know who he sides with. 

Yes. America. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Yes. America. 

And yet America was telling him this is a ****ing stupid move. 

Even if you're right and he thinks he's doing what's best for the US (:lol:), that means you think an alliance with the US is worthless, yes? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It appears that Britain has launched it's Joint Rapid Reaction Force !!! Heavy transport planes are airlifting Challenger II tanks, FV430 Armoured Personal Carriers, and both the 3rd Commando Brigade and 16th Airborne Brigade, along with three additional naval warships (two type23 frigates and one Type45 destroyer). The French are reportedly mobilising their Force d'action rapide, and Italy has moved several wings of Eurofighter Typhoons to Cyprus. 

Except, of course, non of the above is true. Nobody cares about the Kurds.

While I think we should be, it wasn't us made the alliance with them and gave them guarantees. That would be the US. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

And yet America was telling him this is a ****ing stupid move. 

Even if you're right and he thinks he's doing what's best for the US (:lol:), that means you think an alliance with the US is worthless, yes? 

No it isn't. Some American's are saying this. Most are not. And the Kurds never had an alliance with the USA, or vica versa. Just an arrangement. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Thanks to Trump - the US will have to do all the work in their wars going forward. No way any group will enter an 'arrangement' with them. In the long term this is bad news for the US.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

Thanks to Trump - the US will have to do all the work in their wars going forward. No way any group will enter an 'arrangement' with them. In the long term this is bad news for the US.

Previously, a lot of our members on the right have been strong proponents of stopping terrorist groups on their own home ground and not waiting  for them to establish cells in the US.

Has that thought changed,should we pull back and wait?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

No it isn't. Some American's are saying this. Most are not.

The ones actually qualified to comment on it, are. 

And the Kurds never had an alliance with the USA, or vica versa. Just an arrangement. 

However you want to spin it, they betrayed the people who fought the greatest terrorist threat we've ever seen on their behalf. 

He is scum. I hope if the Kurds in Turkey have plans for revenge, they remember who is actually to blame here. 

16 hours ago, Setton said:

The ones actually qualified to comment on it, are. 

However you want to spin it, they betrayed the people who fought the greatest terrorist threat we've ever seen on their behalf. 

He is scum. I hope if the Kurds in Turkey have plans for revenge, they remember who is actually to blame here. 

Why aren't the British sending troops to help ? Or France, or Germany, or Italy ? How about Saudi Arabia or Jordan ? Or perhaps Russia ? Or Syria, who's territory the Turks are actually invading ? Or Iran, from which the Kurds trace their ethnicity ? 

It seems that the Kurds have few friends in the world. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2