Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gene Cernan on the Moon

Peter B

RubyGray said (in the Pentagon AA77 thread):

The erudite reply I would expect from an ocker knocker who believes Gene Cernan walked on the moon.

Would you care to explain why you think Gene Cernan didn't walk on the Moon?

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peter B said:

Thank you.

I would also like here that explaination because he did walk on the Moon. Gene walked on the Moon in 1972, in fact he was the last man to ever walk on the Moon.

https://www.space.com/35343-eugene-cernan-last-man-on-moon-dies-at-82.html

Edited by Manwon Lender

4 hours ago, Peter B said:

why you think 

I bet "thinking" has nothing to do with it, and we will simply get another round of parroting the usual long debunked lies... 

If I had to guess they believe the moon landing was fake, might even be a flat earther.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

If I had to guess they believe the moon landing was fake, might even be a flat earther.

LOOK AT THE SHADOWS!!!!!! :su

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

The Moon is just a hologram and how do you land on a hologram ? Checkmate ! :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

On 10/7/2019 at 10:18 AM, Peter B said:

Thank you.

If you put a @ in front of the name you make sure he sees it.

Like this: @RubyGray

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The Moon is just a hologram and how do you land on a hologram ? Checkmate ! :rolleyes:

This has always been one of my favorite "conspiracies". 

Ruby, as you had several ad hominem attacks on me in that thread (as you did with several others who didn't buy the fertiliser you are spreading) I think it's appropriate for me to respond thusly...

Your obsession with anecdotes over on the other thread shows quite clearly your lack of logic, and lack of ability to do proper WIDE-RANGING research.  Instead, you have a tinfoilhat / conspiracist attitude to everything, and you focus like a laser on anything you can find that doesn't add up (to you)...  You desperately grab onto people's poor memories (or deliberate falsifications) to fit an equally desperately desired narrative.  Problem is, you got no narrative - nothing to hang that garbage together with, no logical connections, NUTHIN..  You constantly rant and rave about anomalies in 'evidence' (forgive my mirth - evidence doesn't mean what you think it means) and seem to have absolute no direction to head with the utterly meaningless trivia you have collected.

Anyway, you shot your mouth off about Gene Cernan - so can we assume you don't believe that we ever set foot on the moon?  Next, how's about chemtrails?

Problem for you, Ruby, is that you are so completely out of your depth it is a joke.  Apollo is my pet subject - I was a ten year nerd who ate up everything I could find about the missions leading up to that fateful day in July 1969.

So, come on over and let's flesh out your disbelief in what is without doubt the most well-documented major historical achievement EVER.

And may I offer up a small proverb - Don't enter a battle of wits half armed..

Well judging by the off-topic posts I have read on this thread so far, none of which offers any evidence for anything, and all of which (except maybe Peter B's) are exercises in testosterone-fuelled ridicule and baseless false accusations, this would be a battle against half-wits.

Edited by RubyGray
Typo
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RubyGray said:

this would be a battle against half-wits.

Oh come on, even your insults are boring, at least try to come up with something imaginative.

1 hour ago, RubyGray said:

Well judging by the off-topic posts I have read on this thread so far, none of which offers any evidence for anything, and all of which (except maybe Peter B's) are exercises in testosterone-fuelled ridicule and baseless false accusations, this would be a battle against half-wits.

If its a battle against half-wits you should be able to hold your own easily, so why dont you give us your best argument ?

19 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

You only have to ask, not make crazy speculations about what you imagine I believe.

Last year I spent some months debating Flatearthiness on this forum, FYI. Starting about here.

http://letsrollforums.com//showpost.php?p=276411&postcount=169

On 10/7/2019 at 11:27 PM, rambaldi said:

I bet "thinking" has nothing to do with it, and we will simply get another round of parroting the usual long debunked lies... 

Think again.

Edited by RubyGray
Extra

On 10/11/2019 at 8:42 AM, RubyGray said:

You only have to ask, not make crazy speculations about what you imagine I believe.

Last year I spent some months debating Flatearthiness on this forum, FYI. Starting about here.

http://letsrollforums.com//showpost.php?p=276411&postcount=169

Think again.

Well I'll ask what are your beliefs concerning the Apollo landings. Please include evidence of said beliefs. 

On 10/11/2019 at 5:45 PM, RubyGray said:

Just answer the question.  Or are you trolling?

6 hours ago, RubyGray said:

I will get back to you soon.

Before you do... please do us and yourself a favour and check in the existing threads (i only selected the bigger ones) which of your "arguments" has already been answered. 

If you feel that these answers are unsatisfactory please explain why you think so, instead of dishonestly pretending they don't exist.

Edited by rambaldi
  • Like 1

Damn you @rambaldi :angry: I had happily forgotten about turbonium and his Nostradamus thread. 

• Haha 2

Nostradamus is fun to explore and discuss, but only in a tongue in cheek believability.  I truly don't believe that people can see and predict the future.  Sure some of the visions occur, but on a consistent basis? LOL  It is good I wasn't hanging around back then.

Gene Cernan's PLSS, the life support system in a backpack required for existence on the moon, was hollow.

At 4 points in this video,

Apollo 17 - Geology Station 6 - part 1 (1972)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DE_P209jSs

Gene Cernan (dark armband) was side-on to the light, which shone from one side clear through to the other, through significant gaps in the sidewalls of his PLSS.

As he moves around, the hollow light-filled space reveals

14:04    5 frames
14:57    5 frames
18:30-31    23 frames
19:38    10 frames

The image below shows what the interior of the Apollo 17 PLSS was supposed to look like, and the screenshot of Gene Cernan shows how there was actually empty space inside it.1253711206_GeneCernanHollowPLSS.thumb.jpg.54b363d62fb813fce5492cf11962a1a0.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RubyGray said:

Gene Cernan (dark armband) was side-on to the light, which shone from one side clear through to the other, through significant gaps in the sidewalls of his PLSS.

No, you can see light reflecting through the hole by the stowage plate.  Where are you getting it's going clear through the PLSS?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RubyGray said:

Gene Cernan's PLSS, the life support system in a backpack required for existence on the moon, was hollow.

At 4 points in this video,

Apollo 17 - Geology Station 6 - part 1 (1972)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DE_P209jSs

As he moves around, the hollow light-filled space reveals

14:04    5 frames
14:57    5 frames
18:30-31    23 frames
19:38    10 frames

The image below shows what the interior of the Apollo 17 PLSS was supposed to look like, and the screenshot of Gene Cernan shows how there was actually empty space inside it.1253711206_GeneCernanHollowPLSS.thumb.jpg.54b363d62fb813fce5492cf11962a1a0.jpg

You have truly lost your mind, or your making a joke, but either way there is something wrong with you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RubyGray said:

Gene Cernan's PLSS, the life support system in a backpack required for existence on the moon, was hollow...

the screenshot of Gene Cernan shows how there was actually empty space inside it.

Oh boy, so once again, the fakers took less care than a kid for her/his Halloween costume? Seriously, whenever you scenario requires the fakers to be braindead, you should take a step back and rethink you claim,...

19 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Damn you @rambaldi :angry: I had happily forgotten about turbonium and his Nostradamus thread. 

At least he was somewhat original compared to the others who pretty much parroted the nonsense invented by i.e. Kaysing, Sibrel and Comic Dave

Wacky but creative...

Edited by rambaldi

49 minutes ago, rambaldi said:

At least he was somewhat original compared to the others who pretty much parroted the nonsense invented by i.e. Kaysing, Sibrel and Comic Dave

Wacky but creative...

To my knowledge Cosmic Dave and all the rest of his socks, never invented anything in the way of conspiracy narrative.  All he did was parrot one of the others to the lament of many moderators.