Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gene Cernan on the Moon

Peter B

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

?

Is there a smilie or two missing from that, Hazz?  Or are you genuinely unconvinced by the official record of Apollo?  If so, may I ask why?

:D:D:D ...there, much better! 

I thought most of you knew me by now.

Edited by Hazzard

It did seem out of character.. but you gotta admit that you have not been the prolific poster you once waz, so after a leave of absence you need to give us time to re-remember.. :)   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, bknight said:

You should be off the fence as there is a literal mountain of data that proves the Apollo program happened as witness by many of us.  If you are indeed on the fence what questions do you have?

What Im saying is, Im not trying to convince the people who believe that is was a hoax that it wasnt, their minds are usually closed to the information to the opposite. Its annoying as hell debating those guys.... been there done that.

Im thinking about/posting for, the people out there who arent quite sure yet...

Sorry for the confusion  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

It did seem out of character.. but you gotta admit that you have not been the prolific poster you once waz, so after a leave of absence you need to give us time to re-remember.. :)   

:lol: ... Yes, life gets in the way. Our two boys are growing up, both playing icehockey, and soccer in the summer. 

There simply wasnt enough time to fight Skyeagle over some silly ET claim and be an awesome dad at the same time  

31 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

:lol: ... Yes, life gets in the way. Our two boys are growing up, both playing icehockey, and soccer in the summer. 

There simply wasnt enough time to fight Skyeagle over some silly ET claim and be an awesome dad at the same time  

Those were the days - Sky was probably the most puzzling character I've met here - he was so right on some things, and so horribly wrong on a few others...  I still can't reconcile his unbelievably staunch defense of Apollo, and then see the crud he posted about some other topics..  :)

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Those were the days - Sky was probably the most puzzling character I've met here - he was so right on some things, and so horribly wrong on a few others...  I still can't reconcile his unbelievably staunch defense of Apollo, and then see the crud he posted about some other topics..  :)

I could not agree more. Any idea what happened to the guy.... and where the hell is Donteatus?!

On 10/15/2019 at 7:12 PM, RubyGray said:

Gene Cernan's PLSS, the life support system in a backpack required for existence on the moon, was hollow.

At 4 points in this video,

Apollo 17 - Geology Station 6 - part 1 (1972)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DE_P209jSs

Gene Cernan (dark armband) was side-on to the light, which shone from one side clear through to the other, through significant gaps in the sidewalls of his PLSS.

As he moves around, the hollow light-filled space reveals

14:04    5 frames
14:57    5 frames
18:30-31    23 frames
19:38    10 frames

The image below shows what the interior of the Apollo 17 PLSS was supposed to look like, and the screenshot of Gene Cernan shows how there was actually empty space inside it.1253711206_GeneCernanHollowPLSS.thumb.jpg.54b363d62fb813fce5492cf11962a1a0.jpg

Obviously nobody has bothered to actually watch the video, where all is made clear.

Especially clear through those two rectangular holes on each side of the PLSS, which are supposed to have white fabric covers over them. But somebody forgot.

Here is another segment of the video to add to the list above. It is 7 seconds long, and contains fully 200 consecutive frames which show the light reflecting off the sand on the far side of Gene Cernan, right through from the left side to the right side of the PLSS.

19:46 - 19:52

This happens when the PLSS is parallel from side to side with the line from camera to Cernan. As he moves around, you can see the inside of the PLSS very obviously, and it is 3-dimensional. Sometimes the two holes overlap almost perfectly, and then the light coming through is the brightest. But you can also see the dark interior of the far side of the shell.

This is not "reflection" of sunlight from any part of the suit. Cernan's right side is in shadow at all times that this phenomenon occurs since the sun is in front of him, and the large boulder prevents any light from reflecting off any other feature onto the right side of his PLSS.

You need to watch all these clips several times. I use VLC Media Player, but I guess other programs have similar features. You can zoom in to the area, and slow down the replay to 25% or even frame by frame.

14 minutes ago, RubyGray said:

Obviously nobody has bothered to actually watch the video, where all is made clear.

I watched the ****ing video.  Nowhere can you see clearly through the PLSS.  Open your eyes, it's not the same colour as the lunar surface.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RubyGray said:

This is not "reflection" of sunlight from any part of the suit. Cernan's right side is in shadow at all times that this phenomenon occurs since the sun is in front of him, and the large boulder prevents any light from reflecting off any other feature onto the right side of his PLSS.

If the boulder prevented any light from reflecting, he would be in pitch darkness.  The "hole" is the same colour as the rest of the suit and not the lunar surface.

Come on, use your brain here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RubyGray said:

So you STILL have not watched the video.

It would seem you're illiterate too.  Get your eyes checked sweetie.

2 hours ago, RubyGray said:

Especially clear through those two rectangular holes on each side of the PLSS, which are supposed to have white fabric covers over them. But somebody forgot.

Here is another segment of the video to add to the list above. It is 7 seconds long, and contains fully 200 consecutive frames which show the light reflecting off the sand on the far side of Gene Cernan, right through from the left side to the right side of the PLSS.

19:46 - 19:52

This happens when the PLSS is parallel from side to side with the line from camera to Cernan. As he moves around, you can see the inside of the PLSS very obviously, and it is 3-dimensional. Sometimes the two holes overlap almost perfectly, and then the light coming through is the brightest. But you can also see the dark interior of the far side of the shell.

You need to watch all these clips several times. I use VLC Media Player, but I guess other programs have similar features. You can zoom in to the area, and slow down the replay to 25% or even frame by frame.

Nobody watched the movie: Come on RubyGray, it's a bit rich for you to claim that when (a) my answer was clearly based on watching the video, and (b) you've conspicuously failed to answer the questions I consequently asked of you. 1. What have you done to eliminate alternative explanations? 2. How is it that throughout the video the evidence is clear that the footage has been recorded outdoors in a low gravity vacuum?

Not a reflection of sunlight from the suit: You're right. And thank you for bringing that later piece of video to my attention. My earlier assumption - that it was light reflected off a protrusion of the PLSS - is wrong.

What I did was go to the photographic record. I looked at all the photos I could find that Jack Schmitt took of Gene Cernan during EVA 3, concentrating on those taken of Cernan's right side. The best photo I could find was AS17-142-21729 (high-res version from the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal). Here's the relevant bit:

image.png.62a121d3556a2ade0e7293d9fd15711b.png

The video artefact is happening in the square hole I've marked with the red arrow. As you can see, it's where the suit umbilicals connect to the PLSS. My assumption, in the absence of any immediately available photographic evidence of a PLSS close up, is that the base of the hole is flat and has a reflective surface.

Now why am I happy about you pointing out that later piece of video? Because what that video provides is the best way of working out what's actually happening. What I see during that segment is a reflection of the ground between Cernan and the TV camera. The dark patch that you think is the inside of the PLSS is the shadowed part of the ground, while the light patch that you think is seeing straight through the PLSS and out the other side is the sunlit part of the ground.

In the meantime, would you like to have a go at explaining how all of the video recorded on all the missions shows evidence of having been recorded outdoors in a low gravity vacuum? And for bonus points, would you like to explain how the Apollo rocks (a) clearly are not from Earth (due to features which show that they also formed in a low gravity vacuum), (b) can't be lunar meteorites collected in Antarctica (as lunar meteorites show clear signs of having passed through the Earth's atmosphere at high speed), and (c) can't have been collected by unmanned sample retriever missions (as the total mass and variety of materials retrieved would required sample retriever technology we don't have even today - compare with the comparatively tiny and random samples retrieved by the Soviet unmanned sample retriever missions back in the 1970s).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

I watched the ****ing video.  Nowhere can you see clearly through the PLSS.  Open your eyes, it's not the same colour as the lunar surface.

That ^^^^^

3 hours ago, RubyGray said:

So you STILL have not watched the video.

What do you think happened during the Apollo program?

On 10/25/2019 at 11:58 PM, bknight said:

That ^^^^^

This ^^^^^.

This must be the second most idiotic thread currently.  There's another by Ruby...

Haz, as for Sky, he was still kicking last I looked, but I think he has retired from the online world - he's pretty long in years, to put it mildly.

As for Donteatus - Dontknow.  He was funny.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 3:08 PM, Peter B said:

(as the total mass and variety of materials retrieved would required sample retriever technology we don't have even today - compare with the comparatively tiny and random samples retrieved by the Soviet unmanned sample retriever missions back in the 1970s).

This is another good reason why the missions couln't have been faked. The Soviets and the Americans exchanged samples with each other. Guess what, both countries, which were fierce competitors at the time, authenticated the other sides samples. Why would they do that if they could expose the other side as frauds ? That would have been the propaganda coup of the century.

So far the only attempts at explaining why the Soviets didn't expose NASA have involved rewriting history. Indeed our old friend turbonium went as far as to say that the cold war was a cover up. :wacko: 

@RubyGraywhy do you think that the Soviets didn't blow the whistle on NASA's fake missions and thus score a big propaganda coup ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1