Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump gives dictator green light

Unusual Tournament

4 hours ago, and then said:

Idiot,boy!  And what would your fire-breathing headline have been if Trump had told Erdog to pound sand?  What a waste of carbon you types have become.  You should try volunteering...or maybe get a pet or a hobby.  You may well have FIVE MORE YEARS of this emotional turmoil ahead.  One needs to pace oneself, what?

...next time Israel gets targeted and bombed from Syria i’l Be sure to remind you how that came about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

And  you think that the US President should risk a war, in a region 8000 miles away, because the locals are nasty brutes ? 

I mean.. why aren't you criticising him for not invading Saudi, or Iran, or Turkey, or Russia, or China ? They ALL commit far worse crimes against humanity than Turkey does. 

Hey.. Boko Harem is slaughtering christians en masse. Lets invade Nigeria. 

Non of them were really fighting Isis as the Kurds did. Now throw them under the bus. What is the word of a westerner good for? Nothing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What the hell is this thoughtless man doing?  How dare he abandon the Kurds.  The US has long backed this ethnic minority which has long suffered at the hands of others in the area.  This is betrayal of the lowest form and is a perfect illustration of what a thoughtless and dishonorable man the president is.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What the hell is this thoughtless man doing?  How dare he abandon the Kurds.  The US has long backed this ethnic minority which has long suffered at the hands of others in the area.  This is betrayal of the lowest form and is a perfect illustration of what a thoughtless and dishonorable man the president is.

In his great and unmatched wisdom? (He actually said that and then also tweeted that - 'in my great and unmatched wisdom'.)

Essentially, taking orders from Putin, as usual.  

Regarding the unmatched wisdom, I think he's preparing for insanity defence. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Protect your allies. Military, intelligence and politicians are all dismayed with Trumps decisions concerning the Turks for a reason. Trump has thrown Syria to the Russians, Iranians and Turks. 

Yeah.. and good luck to them with it ! . 

33 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...next time Israel gets targeted and bombed from Syria i’l Be sure to remind you how that came about.

ROFL. Yeah.. right. 

19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What is this thoughtless man doing ? How dare he abandon the South Vietnamese ? 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeah.. and good luck to them with it ! . 

ROFL. Yeah.. right. 

What is this thoughtless man doing ? How dare he abandon the South Vietnamese ? 

We didn't give the green light for a third party to join the fight against and South Vietnamese.  And furthermore we evacuated a great portion of the Montagnard ethnic minority who were our staunch allies and the original local troops trained by the Green Berets. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

We didn't give the green light for a third party to join the fight against and South Vietnamese.

Well, perhaps the analogy isn't entirely accurate... but you get my point ? The USA could get sucked into an unwinnable conflict. 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, perhaps the analogy isn't entirely accurate... but you get my point ? The USA could get sucked into an unwinnable conflict. 

Or we could have condemned the action by Turkey and allowed them to do what they were going to do regardless of our stance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

We didn't give the green light for a third party to join the fight against and South Vietnamese.

We didn't do that in this case either.

The Mideast wars are being wound down.  Trump has the support not just of regional players, but of the Joint Chiefs as well.

Please stop with the hysteria and hyperbole.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

The Mideast wars are being wound down.  Trump has the support not just of regional players, but of the Joint Chiefs as well.

Hysteria?  Hyperbole?  You're ridiculous.  As far as the support of the joint chiefs I looked up several articles and they all said he ignored their recommendations.  And he does not have the support of all the regional players.  Our former staunchest allies in the region are 100% opposed to this action.  Perhaps you've heard of them?  They're called the Kurds.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or we could have condemned the action by Turkey and allowed them to do what they were going to do regardless of our stance.

Ummm... so the USA would just sit there,  virtue signalling ? 

I dunno folks... I actually support one of Trumps recent statements.... 

"“I held off this fight for almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home,” he wrote. “WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN. Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to figure the situation out.”

He is right. The USA can't be the worlds policeman. 

Edited by RoofGardener

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Ummm... so the USA would just sit there,  virtue signalling ? 

I dunno folks... I actually support one of Trumps recent statements.... 

"“I held off this fight for almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home,” he wrote. “WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN. Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to figure the situation out.”

He is right. The USA can't be the worlds policeman. 

Well your statement here at least makes some kind of sense, but I stand by my statement.  He should not have given a blessing to Turkey.  Virtue signaling is what governments often do and should have done here.

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

Hysteria?  Hyperbole?  You're ridiculous.  As far as the support of the joint chiefs I looked up several articles and they all said he ignored their recommendations.

Yes, you come across as hysterical and given to fits of hyperbole.  I guess that's what happens when one can't decide which side of the fence they belong on.

Btw, pundits have long tried to claim Trump ignores his generals, but the fact is that Trump has needed their quiet support for nearly every major geopolitical move he's made.  You're being misled...to no one's surprise

3 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Yes, you come across as hysterical and given to fits of hyperbole.  I guess that's what happens when one can't decide which side of the fence they belong on.

Btw, pundits have long tried to claim Trump ignores his generals, but the fact is that Trump has needed their quiet support for nearly every major geopolitical move he's made.  You're being misled...to no one's surprise

Both sides, that's precisely what Trump is attempting to do, childishly and clumsily as usual. 

In his great and unmatched wisdom, the chosen one claims to be tough on Russia and whatnot, while bending over to Putin. 

Still no one wants to bet it will be the military that will remove Trump? 

5 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

And you come off as a worshiper whose god can do no wrong.  I do not straddle a fence  I call BS where I see it regardless of which side of ideology it comes from.  You side with an ideology every time regardless of whether it's right or wrong.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It puts me in a dilemma. One of the things I like about the president is his seeming hesitance to involve us in foreign conflicts.  One of the things that worried me most about Hillary was her seeming relish for it.

It is far easier to decide not to go somewhere than to extract oneself  once involved.  Sad for Trump, but every President inherits situations to deal with.  The measure of the man is how he deals with it.

From what I can read, there are between 1 and 1.5 million Kurds in Syria, with a portion of those being fighters in the SDF.  Their stated desire is for an independent democratic republic.  They have fought against ISIS.  They have units of female fighters who have joined their cause specifically as a reaction to kidnappings, abuse, and murder of women by ISIS and others.  At least the news coverage makes them out to be courageous and principled allies.

So do we just leave them high and dry to take what the Turks dish out?

Somebody questioned the wisdom of 150 US soldiers opening fire on Turkish tanks as if that was the only other solution.

I would say it is just as foolish for the Turks to roll into a village and kill or capture a half dozen American soldiers stationed there as advisers.

We could ask our NATO allies to help with a watch dog, peace keeping force to keep the Turks in line.  Even without more boots on the ground, there is a lot the US could do diplomatically and economically to give the Kurds more safety if we care to do it.

After the fall of Saigon, the US took in  over a hundred thousand South Vietnamese refugees who had fought on the American side. They didn't destroy America.  Others could go to the EU and resettle there.  There might still be ISIS to fight.

Would we take 100,000 Kurdish refugees, some Christian but mostly Muslim in the same way as we did for our Vietnamese allies?  Not all Kurds would want to come but the fighters who  have been our allies and most likely face a death sentence if they remain might emigrate with their families.

That might put Trump supporters in their own dilemma.   They would have to overcome their distaste for immigrants, and Muslims to allow that to happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And you come off as a worshiper whose god can do no wrong.  I do not straddle a fence  I call BS where I see it regardless of which side of ideology it comes from.  You side with an ideology every time regardless of whether it's right or wrong.

.. as @OverSword moves his tank brigades into Northern Hacktorpyia 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Seeing things a bit differently now? Thank you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, odas said:

Not really, no.  Just because I argue with people who disagree with every little thing trump does simply because ...trump...does not make me a supporter of trump.  I support logic, honor and common sense, or at least try to.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

......  I support logic, honor and common sense, or at least try to.

Excellent. 

Let us know if you ever find any ? We'd love to see what they look like ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While I don’t disagree with Trump’s decision to remove our troops from northern Syria, I do feel as if this is bad timing.  This may provoke the Russians to go ahead and finish taking the rest of Ukraine.

I’ve often tried to forecast how this all ends, and what drags Russia into the Middle East, to attack the state of Israel, ultimately, but I’ve had trouble imagining the scenario.

What I do know is that our presence in northern Syria presented a roadblock of sorts, and now that is disappearing.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, odas said:

They're beginning to notice the ship is sinking. They'll never admit, not even to themselves, they helped Trump bore all those holes in the hull, but they've started looking for good seats in the life boats.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

There is no point. Trump is untrustworthy. A manipulator and his agenda is something other than America first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Still no one wants to bet it will be the military that will remove Trump? 

I'll take that bet all day long, Helen...whatcha got?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Link that the joints chiefs are in agreement? 

• Like 2