Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump gives dictator green light

Unusual Tournament

1 minute ago, Setton said:

Conveniently ignoring the functioning system of government the Kurds have... 

Good job no one is asking them too. All that's being asked is you don't run away and abandon your allies. 

But no, cowardice and betrayal, the new American ideal. 

With the choice between Turkey going over to the Russians or championing the lost cause of Kurdish independence, it's not a hard choice to make. The British and the French drew the map of the Middle East, denying the Kurds a homeland and threw them under the bus. It's not our job to correct your mistakes. If the UK feels so strongly about it, you're welcome to step in and take over and put your shiny new carrier to good use. ideals are what started this bloodfest. So, grab a gun, tommy and go help if you please.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

OK deranged cultist. See post 142.

Which bit do you deny happened? 

Lol...everything you said twisted the facts into complete horsesh!t.  But, regardless of how one views the situation over there, the US has no business occupying the country.

And some lily-livered British euro-punk certainly has no business scolding the US for acting in the best interests of its citizens.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

With the choice between Turkey going over to the Russians or championing the lost cause of Kurdish independence, it's not a hard choice to make. The British and the French drew the map of the Middle East, denying the Kurds a homeland and threw them under the bus.

Agreed. I suppose its wishful thinking to expect the US to learn from history. 

It's not our job to correct your mistakes. If the UK feels so strongly about it, you're welcome to step in and take over and put your shiny new carrier to good use. ideals are what started this bloodfest. So, grab a gun, tommy and go help if you please.

Already said we should. 

Of course, it's also not our job to fix your mistakes. Not that you've given anyone any time to. 

• Like 1

Just now, hacktorp said:

Lol...everything you said twisted the facts into complete horsesh!t. 

Then you should be able to dispute it with words. Like a grown up. 

But, regardless of how one views the situation over there, the US has no business occupying the country.

And the US wasn't occupying Syria. It was supporting Kurdish allies. 

You realise none of your troops have left Syria, right? They've just run away from their allies. 

And some lily-livered British euro-punk certainly has no business scolding the US for acting in the best interests of its citizens.

Ooh, the big tough American called me a punk. How will I cope? 

Wait, no, just realised criticism from a coward is a compliment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Setton said:

Agreed. I suppose its wishful thinking to expect the US to learn from history. 

Already said we should. 

Of course, it's also not our job to fix your mistakes. Not that you've given anyone any time to. 

We have learned from history--yours. Like you, we've had our adventure there and like you, we're getting the hell out of the place.  It's been one big frakking Gallipoli for us, too.

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Ooh, the big tough American called me a punk. How will I cope? 

What?  I get no credit for pointing out that you are also "lily-livered?

I'm disappointed.

15 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

What?  I get no credit for pointing out that you are also "lily-livered?

I'm disappointed.

No, that's a more a case of pot and kettle. 

• Like 1

Anyone seen this? Trump apparently has a massive amount of business in Turkey. He, himself, in 2015 stated that he has a conflict of interest regarding Turkey.

https://www.msnbc.com/ali-velshi/watch/nbc-reporting-reveals-the-extent-of-trump-s-business-holdings-in-turkey-70944837554

I mean how difficult would it be for Turkey to apply pressure on the President of the US when such a massive chunk of Trump's business is in that country. He's already shown that he's susceptible to blackmail with Stormy Daniels.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Anyone seen this? Trump apparently has a massive amount of business in Turkey. He, himself, in 2015 stated that he has a conflict of interest regarding Turkey.

https://www.msnbc.com/ali-velshi/watch/nbc-reporting-reveals-the-extent-of-trump-s-business-holdings-in-turkey-70944837554

I mean how difficult would it be for Turkey to apply pressure on the President of the US when such a massive chunk of Trump's business is in that country. He's already shown that he's susceptible to blackmail with Stormy Daniels.

Possible. Personally I think it's all a distraction from the impeachment inquiries at home. 

Who cares if a few thousand Kurds are exterminated or a few hundred more Europeans and Brits killed by a resurgent ISIS? So long as the cult leader keeps his seat. 

America first, remember? 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Setton said:

Possible. Personally I think it's all a distraction from the impeachment inquiries at home. 

Who cares if a few thousand Kurds are exterminated or a few hundred more Europeans and Brits killed by a resurgent ISIS? So long as the cult leader keeps his seat. 

America first, remember? 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Because you caused it, perhaps? 

Or perhaps this is more up your alley:

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Or perhaps this is more up your alley:

And? So you caused a huge problem for the world but don't expect to be called out when you run back home, tail between your legs? 

• Like 1

Just now, Setton said:

And? So you caused a huge problem for the world but don't expect to be called out when you run back home, tail between your legs? 

I don't see why it's the Americans responsibility to create a Nation for the communist PKK in Syria or anywhere for that matter

I can see in the future current children becoming extreme anti-americans, and later on some ahole will claim they hate america and america's freedoms and way of life and blah blah blah

31 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I don't see why it's the Americans responsibility to create a Nation for the communist PKK in Syria or anywhere for that matter

Nobody is asking you to. 

They're just asking you not to abandon your allies that fought to solve the problem you created. 

And the YPG is not the same thing as the PKK. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/10/2019 at 3:04 AM, Hammerclaw said:

We have learned from history--yours. Like you, we've had our adventure there and like you, we're getting the hell out of the place.  It's been one big frakking Gallipoli for us, too.

The US’ actions in Syria broke the back of a terrorist organisation, one of, if not the, worst the world’s seen. Hardly a Gallipoli which was months of being slaughtered on a beach while the leadership dithered. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Setton said:

Nobody is asking you to. 

They're just asking you not to abandon your allies that fought to solve the problem you created. 

And the YPG is not the same thing as the PKK. 

President Trump did not create ISIS.  And, for the record, it was the Americans, under Trump, who helped everybody in Syria rid them of the Islamic State not the other way around.

Edited by acidhead
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, acidhead said:

President Trump did not create ISIS. 

The US did. And he is the leader of the US. 

And, for the record, it was the Americans, under Trump, who helped everybody in Syria rid them of the Islamic State not the other way around.

Ha! That's the best defence you've got for your cowardice? 

ISIS was on the edge of defeat well before Trump came to power, it was the SDF that did the fighting, and the US was just one of many, many, many countries providing air cover. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Setton said:

The US did. And he is the leader of the US. 

Ha! That's the best defence you've got for your cowardice? 

ISIS was on the edge of defeat well before Trump came to power, it was the SDF that did the fighting, and the US was just one of many, many, many countries providing air cover. 

President Trump did not create ISIS.  Previous American administrations are not the Trump administration. President Trump took over, hammered ISIS and now that the job is done there is nothing else his administration is responsible for except for the American citizen.  

Again buds... If you feel so strongly about Syria.  Go there.  Put your money where your mouth is!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, acidhead said:

President Trump did not create ISIS.  Previous American administrations are not the Trump administration. President Trump took over, hammered ISIS and now that the job is done there is nothing else his administration is responsible for except for the American citizen.  

Again buds... If you feel so strongly about Syria.  Go there.  Put your money where your mouth is!

Keep telling yourself that, Colonel Runaway. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The US’ actions in Syria broke the back of a terrorist organisation, one of, if not the, worst the world’s seen. Hardly a Gallipoli which was months of being slaughtered on a beach while the leadership dithered. 

I was talking about the entire Middle East--including the Gulf. The time is fast coming when it will no longer be necessary to prop up petty sheikdoms to further our national interests. Time for our impromptu mandate to end. Sometimes, in international policy, you have to weigh two friends in the balance and choose one. In this case the choice can only be Turkey, an ally and NATO member we can't afford to lose.

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

I was talking about the entire Middle East--including the Gulf. The time is fast coming when it will no longer be necessary to prop up petty sheikdoms to further our national interests. Time for our impromptu mandate to end. Sometimes, in international policy, you have to weigh two friends in the balance and choose one. In this case the choice can only be Turkey, an ally and NATO member we can't afford to lose.

Well Turkey has obviously weighed up Russia and America and decided that its future is with Russia. Someone should have told Trump about that one. Then again, maybe Trump has been doing some weighing up as well and come to the conclusion that his investments in Turkey outweigh those with the Kurds. 

• Thanks 2