Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Truman show

Trump gives dictator green light

257 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hammerclaw
1 minute ago, Setton said:

Conveniently ignoring the functioning system of government the Kurds have... 

Good job no one is asking them too. All that's being asked is you don't run away and abandon your allies. 

But no, cowardice and betrayal, the new American ideal. 

With the choice between Turkey going over to the Russians or championing the lost cause of Kurdish independence, it's not a hard choice to make. The British and the French drew the map of the Middle East, denying the Kurds a homeland and threw them under the bus. It's not our job to correct your mistakes. If the UK feels so strongly about it, you're welcome to step in and take over and put your shiny new carrier to good use. ideals are what started this bloodfest. So, grab a gun, tommy and go help if you please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ian hacktorp
2 minutes ago, Setton said:

OK deranged cultist. See post 142.

Which bit do you deny happened? 

Lol...everything you said twisted the facts into complete horsesh!t.  But, regardless of how one views the situation over there, the US has no business occupying the country.

And some lily-livered British euro-punk certainly has no business scolding the US for acting in the best interests of its citizens.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

With the choice between Turkey going over to the Russians or championing the lost cause of Kurdish independence, it's not a hard choice to make. The British and the French drew the map of the Middle East, denying the Kurds a homeland and threw them under the bus.

Agreed. I suppose its wishful thinking to expect the US to learn from history. 

Quote

It's not our job to correct your mistakes. If the UK feels so strongly about it, you're welcome to step in and take over and put your shiny new carrier to good use. ideals are what started this bloodfest. So, grab a gun, tommy and go help if you please.

Already said we should. 

Of course, it's also not our job to fix your mistakes. Not that you've given anyone any time to. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
Just now, hacktorp said:

Lol...everything you said twisted the facts into complete horsesh!t. 

Then you should be able to dispute it with words. Like a grown up. 

Quote

But, regardless of how one views the situation over there, the US has no business occupying the country.

And the US wasn't occupying Syria. It was supporting Kurdish allies. 

You realise none of your troops have left Syria, right? They've just run away from their allies. 

Quote

And some lily-livered British euro-punk certainly has no business scolding the US for acting in the best interests of its citizens.

Ooh, the big tough American called me a punk. How will I cope? 

Wait, no, just realised criticism from a coward is a compliment. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
Just now, Setton said:

Agreed. I suppose its wishful thinking to expect the US to learn from history. 

Already said we should. 

Of course, it's also not our job to fix your mistakes. Not that you've given anyone any time to. 

We have learned from history--yours. Like you, we've had our adventure there and like you, we're getting the hell out of the place.  It's been one big frakking Gallipoli for us, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ian hacktorp
4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Ooh, the big tough American called me a punk. How will I cope? 

What?  I get no credit for pointing out that you are also "lily-livered?

I'm disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
15 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

What?  I get no credit for pointing out that you are also "lily-livered?

I'm disappointed.

No, that's a more a case of pot and kettle. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

Anyone seen this? Trump apparently has a massive amount of business in Turkey. He, himself, in 2015 stated that he has a conflict of interest regarding Turkey.

https://www.msnbc.com/ali-velshi/watch/nbc-reporting-reveals-the-extent-of-trump-s-business-holdings-in-turkey-70944837554

I mean how difficult would it be for Turkey to apply pressure on the President of the US when such a massive chunk of Trump's business is in that country. He's already shown that he's susceptible to blackmail with Stormy Daniels.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Anyone seen this? Trump apparently has a massive amount of business in Turkey. He, himself, in 2015 stated that he has a conflict of interest regarding Turkey.

https://www.msnbc.com/ali-velshi/watch/nbc-reporting-reveals-the-extent-of-trump-s-business-holdings-in-turkey-70944837554

I mean how difficult would it be for Turkey to apply pressure on the President of the US when such a massive chunk of Trump's business is in that country. He's already shown that he's susceptible to blackmail with Stormy Daniels.

Possible. Personally I think it's all a distraction from the impeachment inquiries at home. 

Who cares if a few thousand Kurds are exterminated or a few hundred more Europeans and Brits killed by a resurgent ISIS? So long as the cult leader keeps his seat. 

America first, remember? 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynGuy

.

Edited by BrooklynGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
6 hours ago, Setton said:

Possible. Personally I think it's all a distraction from the impeachment inquiries at home. 

Who cares if a few thousand Kurds are exterminated or a few hundred more Europeans and Brits killed by a resurgent ISIS? So long as the cult leader keeps his seat. 

America first, remember? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
Just now, acidhead said:

 

Because you caused it, perhaps? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
1 hour ago, Setton said:

Because you caused it, perhaps? 

Or perhaps this is more up your alley:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Or perhaps this is more up your alley:

 

And? So you caused a huge problem for the world but don't expect to be called out when you run back home, tail between your legs? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
Just now, Setton said:

And? So you caused a huge problem for the world but don't expect to be called out when you run back home, tail between your legs? 

I don't see why it's the Americans responsibility to create a Nation for the communist PKK in Syria or anywhere for that matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
godnodog

I can see in the future current children becoming extreme anti-americans, and later on some ahole will claim they hate america and america's freedoms and way of life and blah blah blah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
31 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I don't see why it's the Americans responsibility to create a Nation for the communist PKK in Syria or anywhere for that matter

Nobody is asking you to. 

They're just asking you not to abandon your allies that fought to solve the problem you created. 

And the YPG is not the same thing as the PKK. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kartikg

Kurds do bomb and kill innocent Turkish civilians. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
On 10/10/2019 at 3:04 AM, Hammerclaw said:

We have learned from history--yours. Like you, we've had our adventure there and like you, we're getting the hell out of the place.  It's been one big frakking Gallipoli for us, too.

The US’ actions in Syria broke the back of a terrorist organisation, one of, if not the, worst the world’s seen. Hardly a Gallipoli which was months of being slaughtered on a beach while the leadership dithered. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
31 minutes ago, Setton said:

Nobody is asking you to. 

They're just asking you not to abandon your allies that fought to solve the problem you created. 

And the YPG is not the same thing as the PKK. 

President Trump did not create ISIS.  And, for the record, it was the Americans, under Trump, who helped everybody in Syria rid them of the Islamic State not the other way around.

Edited by acidhead
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
11 minutes ago, acidhead said:

President Trump did not create ISIS. 

The US did. And he is the leader of the US. 

Quote

And, for the record, it was the Americans, under Trump, who helped everybody in Syria rid them of the Islamic State not the other way around.

Ha! That's the best defence you've got for your cowardice? 

ISIS was on the edge of defeat well before Trump came to power, it was the SDF that did the fighting, and the US was just one of many, many, many countries providing air cover. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
23 minutes ago, Setton said:

The US did. And he is the leader of the US. 

Ha! That's the best defence you've got for your cowardice? 

ISIS was on the edge of defeat well before Trump came to power, it was the SDF that did the fighting, and the US was just one of many, many, many countries providing air cover. 

President Trump did not create ISIS.  Previous American administrations are not the Trump administration. President Trump took over, hammered ISIS and now that the job is done there is nothing else his administration is responsible for except for the American citizen.  

Again buds... If you feel so strongly about Syria.  Go there.  Put your money where your mouth is!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
33 minutes ago, acidhead said:

President Trump did not create ISIS.  Previous American administrations are not the Trump administration. President Trump took over, hammered ISIS and now that the job is done there is nothing else his administration is responsible for except for the American citizen.  

Again buds... If you feel so strongly about Syria.  Go there.  Put your money where your mouth is!

Keep telling yourself that, Colonel Runaway. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The US’ actions in Syria broke the back of a terrorist organisation, one of, if not the, worst the world’s seen. Hardly a Gallipoli which was months of being slaughtered on a beach while the leadership dithered. 

I was talking about the entire Middle East--including the Gulf. The time is fast coming when it will no longer be necessary to prop up petty sheikdoms to further our national interests. Time for our impromptu mandate to end. Sometimes, in international policy, you have to weigh two friends in the balance and choose one. In this case the choice can only be Turkey, an ally and NATO member we can't afford to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Truman show
1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

I was talking about the entire Middle East--including the Gulf. The time is fast coming when it will no longer be necessary to prop up petty sheikdoms to further our national interests. Time for our impromptu mandate to end. Sometimes, in international policy, you have to weigh two friends in the balance and choose one. In this case the choice can only be Turkey, an ally and NATO member we can't afford to lose.

Well Turkey has obviously weighed up Russia and America and decided that its future is with Russia. Someone should have told Trump about that one. Then again, maybe Trump has been doing some weighing up as well and come to the conclusion that his investments in Turkey outweigh those with the Kurds. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.