Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO: What the hell is that?

Unusual Tournament

‘What the hell is that?’: Navy pilot reveals creepy incident of ‘dark mass’ coming up from the depths

Retired US Navy pilot commander David Fravor first came forward in a bombshell New York Times article in December 2017, describing how his squadron witnessed a 737-sized object just under the surface of the water during training exercises in the Pacific Ocean, 160km off the coast of San Diego.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/what-the-hell-is-that-navy-pilot-reveals-creepy-incident-of-dark-mass-coming-up-from-the-depths/news-story/6a96202a189a58300b4c717e14b15422

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

I watched him on the Joe Rogan podcast the other night explaining what he (and others) saw. Seemed a very credible guy to be fair and quite nonchalant about the whole affair. I've only watched the first hour or so but found it/him very intriguing.

• Like 5

Just loch ness monster on vacation, not to see here.

How come, despite the ubiquity of high quality camera technology it’s always, without exception, blurry and black and white?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

How come, despite the ubiquity of high quality camera technology it’s always, without exception, blurry and black and white?

I believe the reversing camera is in colour and of far better quality.

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s simply the range the objects are at and the camera systems/sensors being used. 

This is the same BS rehashed again.

Saw a black mass come up and suck in the torpedo. Interesting!

Think about this: 

Mr Trump told ABC News. “I did have one very brief meeting on it. But people are saying they’re seeing UFOs. Do I believe it? Not particularly.”

First of all, this is presumably classified information that was given to the President and to the House and Senate Intelligence Committees. Yet this info was obviously declassified and the President prompted to comment on it. Why??

*Somebody* wanted the president to raise the issue with the public even when the public is not clamoring for the info.

Sound like a plan?  uh huh

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sound like a plan?  uh huh

uh, no, sounds like potus doing what the potus does...and he doesn't even believe the info given to him...that speaks volumes, he would use it to his advantage if there was anything to it.

Hmmm... large fish, like a whale, or a manta ray perhaps ? 

• Like 3

Reminds me of the book, Out of the Deeps, by John Wyndham.

Edited by Hammerclaw

The video in the news article is not from Fravor's flight. Fravor did not have FLIR on his plane. The article gets it wrong when it states:

The first of the three TTSA videos, known as “FLIR1”, was from Cdr Fravor’s sighting

As explained in other threads Fravor is making the UFO circuit. Here is Fravor talking with Joe Rogan. It's part of the circuit people make. Here he is telling stories from other people. 

Fravor was with 3 other people when he claims he saw a UFO. What are the other 3 people saying?

Oddly enough they call Elizondo an official of the Pentagon. He was working there but was not an official.

Although the article does not name people doing the analysis of the metal that is supposed to be from out of this world, here is a link to the critic they mention.

https://www.themadscientistpodcast.com/hosts

The article does mention that the radar was upgraded just before the 2014-2015 sightings. The same was true in 2004. The article neglects to mention that sightings went to nil after the crews got used to their upgraded radars.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One could look at these 'encounters' from so many perspectives and consequently produce a myriad of 'conspiracy theories." Occam Razor intervenes and I think of the term 'chumming.' Bait the naive. Gather intelligence.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, Captain Risky said:

‘What the hell is that?’: Navy pilot reveals creepy incident of ‘dark mass’ coming up from the depths

Retired US Navy pilot commander David Fravor first came forward in a bombshell New York Times article in December 2017, describing how his squadron witnessed a 737-sized object just under the surface of the water during training exercises in the Pacific Ocean, 160km off the coast of San Diego.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/what-the-hell-is-that-navy-pilot-reveals-creepy-incident-of-dark-mass-coming-up-from-the-depths/news-story/6a96202a189a58300b4c717e14b15422

So one of NATOs secret naval weapons is a large underwater magnet to attract torpedoes on course to blow up our ships?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

So one of NATOs secret naval weapons is a large underwater magnet to attract torpedoes on course to blow up our ships?

Manifactered by Acme.

• Haha 2

The most likely natural possibility of what they saw would be the Giant manta Ray which is known to grow to 30 feet. That allows for a Shaqille O Neal sized version that could top 40 feet across. They are filter feeders but I'm not sure that they could suck down anything. I can imagine that looking down and seeing something that size coming up would be pretty shocking.

Since the Government allowed the Navy to release the video of their Tic-Tac UFO it has evidently also loosened up on the gag orders for military people talking about unidentified sightings and odd occurrences. I'm hoping that this will lead to some answers at some point. No matter what you believe you have to be curious about either what these people are seeing or what would make thousands of normally intelligent persons tell wild lies that can't benefit them. Irregardless it is something worthy of study.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AllPossible said:

With all of these stories coming from high ranking military personnel it defitinley makes u wonder.

Of course. That has to be considered in anybody's world. There is no doubt that the President of the US, the House and Senate Intel committees as well as high ranking military personnel are saying things to the media **that they do not have to say**. 

It is clear to me then, that the US government is deliberately raising people's consciousness about UFOs, for good or for bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The funny thing is, if people actually read the full article, you will see that - yes, it is described as a black mass, but also later on, it is described as a disk.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, DanL said:

The most likely natural possibility of what they saw would be the Giant manta Ray which is known to grow to 30 feet.

Good to see you, DanL.

Your above is not a bad  idea. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AllPossible said:

With all of these stories coming from high ranking military personnel it defitinley makes u wonder.

1) Who else is putting out ufo stories recently besides Fravor?  The only other Officer that I recall is LTC Halt from the Bentwaters story from 1980.

2) High ranking? Not really. He's an O-5, mid grade officer.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Trelane said:

1) Who else is putting out ufo stories recently besides Fravor?  The only other Officer that I recall is LTC Halt from the Bentwaters story from 1980.

2) High ranking? Not really. He's an O-5, mid grade officer.

i never understood why when these so called respectable high rack service guys retire and some tell wild UFO stories with of course zero proof, the true believers some how give them more credibility and interigrity, why do these guys even come out decades later, too little too late,

remember that one who showed his alleged alien pics on his death bed, it was a Kmart halloween prop, he'll no, said true believers who insist Kmart used his pics to create their alien prop...sure they did.

i recall one in a documentary, can't recall his name, white beard, ponytail, he says to the effect that he's begging the gov to release him from his privacy oath so he can share what he knows about UFOs and aliens, hello...didnt he just breach that oath or teasers dont count?

halt was sincern but i feel duped and mistaken, his account could be explained as mundane.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1