Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ilhan Omar files for divorce

BrooklynGuy

This is the google search page for this story, not a single left wing or moderate news site has reported it as of my posting this. :w00t:  https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=kU2bXaiPIqSQ_Qaug7XoAg&q=Ilhan+Omar+files+for+divorce&oq=Ilhan+Omar+files+for+divorce&gs_l=psy-ab.12...2702.2702..5742...0.0..0.188.272.1j1......0....2j1..gws-wiz.....6..0i362i308i154i357.saXgU6qifzU&ved=0ahUKEwjom-nir4rlAhUkSN8KHa5BDS0Q4dUDCAw

Ilhan Omar files for divorce from husband Ahmed Hirsi amid affair allegations

Rep. Ilhan Omar has filed for divorce from the father of her three kids — amid allegations that she had an affair with a DC-based political consultant. The freshman congresswoman filed to split from husband Ahmed Hirsi on Friday in Minnesota, the state she represents, the Post has learned. Omar, 38, and Hirsi were married in a religious ceremony in 2002. The two separated in 2008, then legally remarried in 2018. In August, The Post was first to report that DC-based doctor Beth Mynett had filed for divorce from her husband, Tim Mynett, alleging that he was carrying on an affair with Omar.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/ilhan-omar-files-for-divorce-from-husband-amid-affair-allegations/

Edited by BrooklynGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Why is it anyone's business that she's divorcing?

Probably for the same reason you want to see the Trumpster's taxes? ;)

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If she were a man this would not be news at all.  And maybe she wouldn't be getting a divorce as a wife would be expected to pretend like it never happened to keep the husband's career.  (example, Hillary and Bill or many of the current congressmen and male senators)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

If she were a man this would not be news at all.

Huh?  You're saying a man, a sitting member of Congress, who fraudulently entered the country by marrying his own sister...then later divorcing the mother of his children due to an illicit affair with his married attorney...wouldn't generate some news?

Okaaaay...

• Like 8

Just now, hacktorp said:

Huh?  You're saying a man, a sitting member of Congress, who fraudulently entered the country by marrying his own sister...then later divorcing the mother of his children due to an illicit affair with his married attorney...wouldn't generate some news?

Okaaaay...

1. If there is proof that she fraudulently entered the country illegally how did she get elected to Congress? 

2. The story is not about how she became a citizen of the country, it is about her divorce, which should be none of our business and would not be a story if it were about a male member of congress.

Your comment is irrelevant to the story or this thread as far as I can tell.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

1. If there is proof that she fraudulently entered the country illegally how did she get elected to Congress? 

2. The story is not about how she became a citizen of the country, it is about her divorce, which should be none of our business and would not be a story if it were about a male member of congress.

Your comment is irrelevant to the story or this thread as far as I can tell.

She got elected, in part, through committing fraud, silly.

The rest of your comment is pure wishful thinking.  Elected officials' lives are constantly under public scrutiny...and it's always been like that.  No exception for her just because her life is turning out to be an embarrassment.

She's disgusting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Probably for the same reason you want to see the Trumpster's taxes? ;)

2 entirely different issues. but...ok.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Okaaaay...

Oh my god......

• Like 3

The current senator Sanford from South Carolina, ex-governor who in 2009 went missing from his elected seat and from his wife and family to tryst with a lady from  Argentina, subsequently divorced by his wife but ultimately forgiven completely by his right wing, evangelical, 'moral' base of voters and now elected Senator from that same state.  I suppose we can entirely 'forgive' Ilhan Omar for divorcing her husband in that light.  Right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

She got elected, in part, through committing fraud, silly.

The rest of your comment is pure wishful thinking.  Elected officials' lives are constantly under public scrutiny...and it's always been like that.  No exception for her just because her life is turning out to be an embarrassment.

She's disgusting.

So, you don't have proof, only an opinion, and calling names does not make your opinion any more than that.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

I feel like the stay at home parent is always the one who gets cheated on. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

The current senator Sanford from South Carolina, ex-governor who in 2009 went missing from his elected seat and from his wife and family to tryst with a lady from  Argentina, subsequently divorced by his wife but ultimately forgiven completely by his right wing, evangelical, 'moral' base of voters and now elected Senator from that same state.  I suppose we can entirely 'forgive' Ilhan Omar for divorcing her husband in that light.  Right?

As I recall, Sanford's marriage-mistress exploits played out very prominently in the news...as it should have.  Unless there is more to his story, it appears to be one of simple adultery...disgusting though it may be.

Omar's case appears to be a bit more complicated, as she committed fraud not just to enter the country, but to get elected as well.  I've heard MN voters have had just about enough of her...and the Dems in general.  Blue to Red in MN.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, you don't have proof, only an opinion, and calling names does not make your opinion any more than that.

Well, it's not just my opinion.  But thanks for the sermon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, aztek said:

so she is divorcing her brother?? lol  and she is not even flying confederate flag lol

Hers is the flag of MB

• Like 2

What a clown this woman is. :santa:

Ilhan Omar blames the media, political foes for killing her marriage

US Rep. Ilhan Omar suggested Monday that the press and her political foes are partly to blame for the demise of her marriage. “Ilhan and Ahmed have been the object of speculation and innuendo from political opponents and the media,” according to a statement from her lawyer, referring to the Minnesota congresswoman and her husband, Ahmed Hirsi, and which the rep said he was issuing “on behalf” of Omar. “This has taken a significant toll on Ilhan, Ahmed, and their three children.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/ilhan-omar-blames-the-media-political-foes-for-killing-her-marriage/

Edited by BrooklynGuy
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Huh?  You're saying a man, a sitting member of Congress, who fraudulently entered the country by marrying his own sister...

Evidence? If you bother with that anymore. 

Because if you have it, you'll be the darling of right wing extremist whack jobs everywhere. Nobody else has managed to produce any after all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Evidence? If you bother with that anymore. 

Because if you have it, you'll be the darling of right wing extremist whack jobs everywhere. Nobody else has managed to produce any after all. 

Yeah, we had three years experiencing what that's like.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Why is it anyone's business that she's divorcing?

Same reason it was anyone's business Trump paid of a prostitute, I guess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Same reason it was anyone's business Trump paid of a prostitute, I guess. 

Paying for a prostitute is illegal except in Las Vegas (and maybe New Jersey?)  Getting a divorce is not illegal.

• Like 1