Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Commander David Fravor is a retired US Navy p

• Thanks 1

Yes, it is more apt in here than Crypto. Maybe Modern Mysteries but here is fine.

Crazy stuff. UFOs are everywhere! :w00t:

• Like 1

it appears fravor is to ufos what the warrens were ( sorry :( ) to ghosts, :rolleyes::sleepy:

Edited by the13bats
fixed
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

it appears fravor is to ufos what the warrens were ( sorry :( ) to ghosts, :rolleyes::sleepy:

I'm glad you said something. I only know of his encounter on Joe Rogan. Do you have any info on hand disproving it? I'd like to give it a look. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

why ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There were 4 people at Fravor's sighting including Fravor. What have the 4 other witnesses stated?

It appears Fravor was looking for UFOs and found one. That happens.

He has been making the UFO circuit and this is just one of the places he has been.

He gave a talk worth listening to at a conference in Oregon earlier this year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

I'm glad you said something. I only know of his encounter on Joe Rogan. Do you have any info on hand disproving it? I'd like to give it a look. 

There are long threads on here discussing his alleged encounter.

Not my job to disprove anything to anyone or do anyones research for them, just my opinion, if I'm mistaken about fravor please tell me why you believe im askew.

Edited by the13bats
fixed
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

why ?

why not?

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

There are long threads on here discussing his alleged encounter.

Not my job to disprove anything to anyone or do anyones research for them, just my opinion, if I'm mistaken about fravor please tell me why you believe im askew.

I just honestly hadn't heard about the case before and was pretty intrigued when I saw the interview. I'll delve a little deeper into it. I don't come into this section very often. 

1 hour ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

I just honestly hadn't heard about the case before and was pretty intrigued when I saw the interview. I'll delve a little deeper into it. I don't come into this section very often. 

forgive me my other reply wasnt supposed to be snide, i was feeling rotten, ( no excuse ) and his case is fairly played out ( to me )  i forget its new to some, it's convoluting how some true believers spread opinion, made up data as fact, after a while its almost impossible to get back to the actual facts.

sure, he saw something well maybe he did but he has dramatized it with assumption not facts, embellishment and enhancements has run amuck and with nothing more than basically hearsay true believers went off the deep end, jumping past anomalies of a new radar system skipping past a secret human craft or by definition UFO and right to it must be aliens, some know if they say "aliens" they will loose credibility and intregrity and with zero proof look silly so they say "otherwordly" not of this world, not human.

Im pretty open that many alleged UFO sightings are not fabricated bs, they start with something but that something isnt otherwordly or alien, it's mundane, but we only hear about the hits not the misses, who wants to admit they were duped by a bird plane or superman?

getting past the made up stuff that true believers try to sell as facts, i find it very telling that when these guys or guy learned how to work and dail in the new gear no more anomalies, no more reports of such alleged UFOs.

• Haha 1

I believe that people try to make sense of something they experience that they do not understand and in that process they create an interpretation that is incorrect.

I've done that on several occasions. In one case I observed a cloud spinning on a mountain top. That was my interpretation. I could see the cloud clearly move from left to right. My interpretation was that the cloud was turning counter-clockwise. I could see parts of the cloud coming into view on the left, rotating till they disappeared on the right and went out of view. But that is not what was happening. I was thinking about that cloud for a long time and finally realized what happened. 

So what went wrong? I decided a cloud was rotating because it appeared to fit my observation. Actually, the cloud was a lenticular forming on the left side of the mountain and dissolving on the right side. A rotating cloud would have been a bizarre case. A lenticular is a prosaic explanation.

Had I stuck with the bizarre explanation I would have been telling people baloney. I took the time to learn about mountains and clouds and learned a lot about the way in which mountains affect the weather.

Fravor saw something. I'm sure he talking to his WSO. I don't believe the WSO backed up Fravor's interpretation. The other plane had a pilot and WSO. No corroboration of Fravor's interpretation. About as close as we get to corroboration is from the radar operator but Fravor has publicly and openly stated that the radar operator is not trustable and called his statements fiction. It is also important to understand that the events took place 15 years ago and it is likely that Fravor's recollection like all of our recollections from 15 years ago have become fuzzy.

• Thanks 1