Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
TrumanB

Trump's tweet on Turkey

Recommended Posts

TrumanB
Posted (edited)

- As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

 

Is this man only trolling/joking or he is serious? Threatening a country on twitter and calling himself great wise man...

Edited by TrumanB
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
RoofGardener

It's tongue-in-cheek, which seems highly inappropriate considering the seriousness of the situation. 

And what does he mean by "..I've done before" ? 

In point of fact, Turkey is NOT a major trade partner with the USA, nor does the USA provide particularly important products. I fail to see how President Trump could significantly impact - let alone "destroy and obliterate" - the Turkish economy  ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly

I think he is emotionally and mentally unstable.    Plus he knows from experience, if he says something outrageous, it will distract attention from whatever earlier problems he has created for himself.  Of course, in his mind, he is always right and everyone picks on him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
39 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

- As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...

 

Is this man only trolling/joking or he is serious? Threatening a country on twitter and calling himself great wise man...

He called himself the chosen one before too. 

His cult members later claimed he's joking, or that 'chosen' simply means 'elected'. 

Keeping in mind everything else he says and does, he's not joking. He's completely irrational narcissist.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

lol, that belongs either in humor section, or the thread needs to be locked, that tweet is FAKE, no surprises usual suspects swallowed it

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters
Quote

The craziest part of that insane Trump tweet on Turkey is that it was intended to reassure people

 He wanted to communicate: Don't worry, Turkey knows it cannot use our withdrawal as an opportunity to massacre Kurds. And this is how he went about calming people down.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-craziest-part-of-that-insane-trump-tweet-on-turkey-is-that-it-was-intended-to-reassure-people

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB

What do you mean fake? It's from his real account.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

I’ve told you before, Trump thinks he’s a god.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

What do you mean fake? It's from his real account.

no it is not,  go find it in his real account, if it was real every liberal site would have it on their front page,

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrumanB

what is his real account? Please paste it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 minute ago, TrumanB said:

what is his real account? Please paste it here.

didn't you just say it came from his real account and now you asking me what his real account is?? lamo, what a fail you are, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daughter of the Nine Moons

Screenshot from his real account

It's a real tweet from his real Twitter.

Screenshot_20191008-100718.png

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
aztek
Posted (edited)

ok, i was wrong, it is there, 

 

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

In point of fact, Turkey is NOT a major trade partner with the USA, nor does the USA provide particularly important products. I fail to see how President Trump could significantly impact - let alone "destroy and obliterate" - the Turkish economy  ?

Oh so you don't remember the little tiff Turkey and Trump had earlier over the release of Andrew Brunson, a 50-year-old American pastor being tried in Turkey on espionage and terrorism-related charges, and the economic warfare that followed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
19 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Oh so you don't remember the little tiff Turkey and Trump had earlier over the release of Andrew Brunson, a 50-year-old American pastor being tried in Turkey on espionage and terrorism-related charges, and the economic warfare that followed?

 

I must admit, I'd forgotten about that. But did the threatened US sanctions REALLY make that much difference in the release of the Pastor ? Bear in mind it wasn't just the USA in that situation, it was the European Union as well.

Anyway, the two situations aren't comparable. In one, Turkey had a prisoner who they KNEW was innocent. In the other, they have a huge strip of territory to store all their Syrian refugees and - possibly - to push the Kurds away from their frontier. That is orders of magnitude more important to them. I think they would attempt to ride any sanctions out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.