Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most prolific serial killer in US history

The Caspian Hare

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/nation-world/fbi-says-inmate-samuel-little-is-most-prolific-serial-killer-in-us-history/89-a018b4ac-6af8-4bbc-b88e-ce0b9e25b9f1

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The inmate who claims to have killed more than 90 women across the country is now considered to be the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said.

Samuel Little, who has been behind bars since 2012, told investigators last year that he was responsible for about 90 killings nationwide between 1970 and 2005. In a news release on Sunday, the FBI announced that federal crime analysts believe all of his confessions are credible, and officials have been able to verify 50 confessions so far.

Investigators also provided new information and details about five cases in Florida, Arkansas, Kentucky, Nevada and Louisiana.

The 79-year-old Little is serving multiple life sentences in California. He says he strangled his 93 victims, nearly all of them women.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Given he is 79 let him live out the rest of his days thinking about what he did. Let him rot.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this info - I hadn't heard of this fellow before and just found an article on news.com.au here.  It has a video interview with him talking very comfortably about how he murdered one particular woman, by drowning her.  Out of the 93 murders he's committed she was the only one he drowned.  

What got me, was he was so blasé about it all. :mellow:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/grabbed-her-by-the-legs-strange-detail-in-serial-killers-confession/news-story/481c2f0054fe455b030dcdd03e7310d6

Hopefully the video works for people outside of Australia so you can see it too. 

• Like 1

"Most Prolific Serial Killer In U.S History" - yes. And there's probably another one out there right now, notching up the victims to beat this guy's record.

A lot of them read about other serial killers, too. They read about each other. 

30 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

"Most Prolific Serial Killer In U.S History" - yes. And there's probably another one out there right now, notching up the victims to beat this guy's record.

A lot of them read about other serial killers, too. They read about each other. 

Yes, I do believe they do!

But we all read about them - I guess we think that reading about them is like reading a recipe against evil!

Humanity has a fascination about scary things........ why?! 

And please don't share what you read in some book - share your own thoughts here (this isn't about you personally zygote - I'm "talking" in general)

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 2

Yes, a 'recipe against evil' indeed.

Well, for me @LightAngel, I had always been fascinated with the general  idea of 'what makes people kill other people' - and one topic I still read about is the Second World War - the largest conflict in human history which also included the Holocaust.

For me, personally, there was a deep fascination with death. The 'final end'. Horror, terror, blood and skeletons [oh my goodness]. The Devil! Monsters! Evil! But also fascinated with the fact of it's all being part of nature, as well...

Then, years ago now, a lady I was seeing died at the hands of such a psychotic person and then I experienced first-hand why the death penalty exists. And how easy it is for a persons mind and emotions, my own, to wish murder on another. My interest in this subject is more in passing now. 

But if you ask me 'WHY' I'm interested in these things - I really don't know why. What I mean is, I don't know why nature would make people interested in this subject - and that's the truth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

Then, years ago now, a lady I was seeing died at the hands of such a psychotic person and then I experienced first-hand why the death penalty exists. And how easy it is for a persons mind and emotions, my own, to wish murder on another. My interest in this subject is more in passing now. 

But if you ask me 'WHY' I'm interested in these things - I really don't know why. What I mean is, I don't know why nature would make people interested in this subject - and that's the truth.

Maybe it's just our survival instinct kicking in. ;)

• Like 1

I heard there could be up to 40 000 serial killers operating in the US.Probably been talking to some on here.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, openozy said:

I heard there could be up to 40 000 serial killers operating in the US.Probably been talking to some on here.

And some probably live next door to us right now and we don't even know it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Related....

"North Charleston Police Department is trying to identify a woman who may have been killed by a serial killer between 1975 and 1982.

"The FBI says Samuel Little, who the agency named the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history, claims he killed the woman in the sketch."

Sketch at ABC Local: https://abcnews4.com/news/crime-news/north-charleston-police-asking-for-info-on-woman-possibly-killed-by-serial-killer

• 1 year later...

Author Jillian Lauren and Oscar-nominated filmmaker Joe Berlinger have teamed up for the 5-part docuseries 'Confronting a Serial Killer'

Jillian Lauren didn’t know what to expect when she developed an unlikely relationship with the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history.

Samuel Little, who confessed to having committed 93 murders in 14 different states between 1970 and 2005, passed away in late 2020 at age 80. He was serving a life sentence at the time.

Before his death, the New York Times best-selling author visited Little in 2018 after exchanging letters with him. In gaining Little’s trust, the 47-year-old was hoping he would help her identify some of his unnamed victims.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/samuel-little-americas-most-prolific-serial-killer-starz-docuseries-joe-berlinger-jillian-lauren