Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guinea pig ice cream is on sale in Ecuador

UM-Bot

37 minutes ago, OverSword said:

NO!

Oh, aye.  I'm guessing that'll be one count of "cultural appropriation" I'll never be found guilty of... ;)

• Like 3

I'm curious: Does it taste like their meat, or does it taste as if you were to take a fat lick right on their furry back?

Never mind, I saw the video. I think US could start something cultural like that. Maybe, Rat flavored water. Call it Columbus Springs. XD

Edited by It's Just An Opinion
  • Haha 4

Poor things, if they are not being tested on in some lab, they are being served up.

How does someone come up with putting meat into an icecream? 

She also sells ice cream flavored with beetles and other unpalatable things.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/331131/guinea-pig-ice-cream-is-the-real-deal-in-ecuador

She needs putting on a lab table as a human guinea pig so they can try and find out what makes her tick. 

• Like 1

Bacon flavored ice cream might be a big hit. I don't know what a guinea pig tastes like but it might be good. Guinea pigs in some areas are sort of like chickens. They are small one meal animals. In places that don't have refrigeration smaller animals are an important food source. That is why pot belly pigs and dogs were an important food source in South East Asia.

What do you do with several hundred pounds of meat in a wet, hot place with no refrigeration. It is just easier to eat smaller animals. I was raised as a country boy. We had, chickens, ducks and rabbits as meal size critters and the hogs and cattle were mostly sold and we only butchered a hog once a year and a calf about twice a year for freezer meat. I've had guinea pigs for pets but that wouldn't mean that I wouldn't eat them. I had rabbits for pets when I was little. But also raised them for meat later in life. I think that this is an urban versus rural thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DanL said:

I think that this is an urban versus rural thing.

I agree with the meat thing, but in ice-cream??? It is not as if Ecuador are short of fruit.

• Like 1

Ewww. And I'm not even talking about it being specifically guinea pig meat. 

The ideaof any sort meat-flavored ice cream sounds very unappetizing to me, no matter the animal.

Just imagine "Hot Dog Ice Cream" YUCK!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Ewww. And I'm not even talking about it being specifically guinea pig meat. 

The ideaof any sort meat-flavored ice cream sounds very unappetizing to me, no matter the animal.

Just imagine "Hot Dog Ice Cream" YUCK!

There are quite a few companies that make maple bacon ice cream.

• Like 3

:no:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

We made our own one night after over indulging in some happy herbs. Vanilla, maple, bacon swirl we dubbed it. It was delicious, as well as the next day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Well now I know what I'm doing with my day off tomorrow

No thanks to  hairy ice cream 

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

NO!

New order? :-P

Kids like guinea pigs as pets and most kids love ice cream,so a combination maybe the perfect gift.Thanks :santa:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

We made our own one night after over indulging in some happy herbs. Vanilla, maple, bacon swirl we dubbed it. It was delicious, as well as the next day. 

Ah the good old happy herbs. I hear everything tastes good when you got the munchies.

27 minutes ago, openozy said:

Kids like guinea pigs as pets and most kids love ice cream,so a combination maybe the perfect gift.Thanks :santa:

Jeeze! How do we do this?

Mummy: Ok Johnny, here is a new flavoured ice-cream

Johnny:wow mummy its delicious.

Mummy:  yes Johnny, its 

milk solids-not-fat (skim-milk powder), sugar, gelatin (or other suitable stabilizer), egg and 

Your pet guinea-pig.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Awful. Why not human balls flavored cream, I am sure it would taste the same and is organic.
A mad mad word!

13 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Awful. Why not human balls flavored cream, I am sure it would taste the same and is organic.
A mad mad word!

Clint Howard knows all about human flavored ice cream, thats why he played one in a horror film :)