Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
itsnotoutthere

EU needs more troops and must use them

58 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

itsnotoutthere
Posted (edited)

EU needs more troops and must use them, says incoming foreign affairs chief as he calls for 'power politics'

The EU must have more troops and be prepared to use them across the globe, the bloc’s incoming foreign affairs chief has told the European Parliament.Josep Borrell, who is nominated to be the EU’s next chief diplomat, said that Europe could not allow itself to become “irrelevant” on a world stage dominated by superpowers such as the US and China. “We have the instruments to play power politics,” he said at a European Parliament hearing into his candidacy to head up the EU foreign affairs service, “The EU has to learn to use the language of power.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/07/incoming-eu-foreign-affairs-chief-declares-brussels-needs-troops/

And there was me thinking the EU was all about trade. The project continues as planned, very worrying.

 

P.S. 

"In 2015, then-leader of the Liberal Democrats Nick Clegg called the notion of an EU army a “dangerous fantasy” and ridiculed Mr Farage for saying that the force was the next step in EU empire-building."

P.P.S.

"Last year, French President Emmanuel Macron called for a “real European army” to “protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America”. German Chancellor Angela Merkel and the European Commission enthusiastically backed the idea."

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly

You need a powerful military to build an empire, they'll be used to clear the streets of 'people' who don't agree with them, this is our last and only chance of freeing ourselves from the EU empire, we could be witnessing the last days of democracy while remainers like Stepford wives dutifully do the bidding of the EU empire.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

 

Quote

 “We have the instruments to play power politics,” 

No! You have tax payers money and this is not how I want my share spent. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

a 4th reich?

ww2 all over again, watch usa ally with russia and uk once again, last time it worked out pretty good

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

Question: which trading Union has a need for a Army? and some people still think the EU is just about trade. its aiming to build a Federation. can you not see.

No trading bloc in the world has its own central bank,its own currency, its own parliament, its own flag. an anthem. foreign policy, and soon to be own army.

Europe and its people are in peril. one day their going to wake up and think how did that happen.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L.A.T.1961

There is the question of why NATO is considered somehow redundant yet forming another military organisation, from scratch, is going to be a much better solution. 

If EU members within NATO had thought security and the ability to project power was a good idea why did members not fully fund it. 

The decision to have EU badged troops is not about security but Brussels politics.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
44 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Question: which trading Union has a need for a Army? and some people still think the EU is just about trade. its aiming to build a Federation. can you not see.

No trading bloc in the world has its own central bank,its own currency, its own parliament, its own flag. an anthem. foreign policy, and soon to be own army.

Europe and its people are in peril. one day their going to wake up and think how did that happen.

Spot on. Perhaps Setton can explain.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
Posted (edited)

Skip to 4.30. Why isn't this headline news???

"The European Union gave a 3.5m euro donation to Transparency International, which in peak irony is supposed to be an anti corruption watchdog with a mandate to foster, erm, transparency.

 

It is run by Jo Swinson’s husband. Has Jo Swinson declared this conflict of interest to the House of Commons? No.

Is that a breach of House of Commons protocol? Yes.

Is it a breach of the law? Yes.

So who is Jo Swinson’s husband? His name is Duncan Hames. He is the director of policy at Transparency International UK.

He also used to be the Liberal Democrat MP for the Chippenham constituency in Wiltshire, holding the seat during the disasterous Cameron/Clegg coalition government responsible for the deaths of 130,000 poor, sick and disabled people under their deadly “Welfare Reforms”.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Spot on. Perhaps Setton can explain.

Most of the article is behind a pay wall. The bit that isn't doesn't make any reference to this being a separate EU army, as opposed to member states increasing their military capability. 

If it is a European army, I'm against it. But based on the evidence, it's just more hysteria. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
9 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

You need a powerful military to build an empire, they'll be used to clear the streets of 'people' who don't agree with them, this is our last and only chance of freeing ourselves from the EU empire, we could be witnessing the last days of democracy while remainers like Stepford wives dutifully do the bidding of the EU empire.

Once the troops are deployed to member states then all it takes is one instruction issued from Brussels and the whole continent is annexed into the new Super-State.

The danger is when the next Hitler or Napoleon comes along. He would take the reigns of a support base big enough to conquer the entire world.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
14 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Once the troops are deployed to member states then all it takes is one instruction issued from Brussels and the whole continent is annexed into the new Super-State.

The danger is when the next Hitler or Napoleon comes along. He would take the reigns of a support base big enough to conquer the entire world.

Don't be soft. It'll never happen. As they said in1933. Before using the courts as a political tool. Now where have we seen that recently? 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron2016

Even back in 1929 the League of Nations heard proposals for a giant European Union and army.

 

The Prime minister of France (Briand) had proposed the idea and was supported by the German foreign minister.

 

1930eu.png

 

Unfortunately they both died of strokes soon after the proposals were made and the project came to a swift end.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

that is pretty fortunate they died,  empires are only benevolent in movies, no one should consolidate that much power, it never ended good in real world.

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
27 minutes ago, aztek said:

it never ended good in real world.

True.  And it never WILL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
14 hours ago, Setton said:

Most of the article is behind a pay wall. The bit that isn't doesn't make any reference to this being a separate EU army, as opposed to member states increasing their military capability. 

If it is a European army, I'm against it. But based on the evidence, it's just more hysteria. 

Just google 'EU army'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
25 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Just google 'EU army'

OK, done that. 

So what does the OP article have to do with it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron2016
1 hour ago, Setton said:

OK, done that. 

So what does the OP article have to do with it? 

The steps towards a giant EU army with worldwide interest became stronger the other day when Josep Borrell who is nominated to be the EU's chief foreign diplomat (high power and influence) proposed that the EU should have a much stronger military presence to compete against China and the USA. He proposed that the EU army should double in size with "60,000 troops on the ground." and that "The EU has to learn the language of power......We should reinforce EU's international role and further our military capacity to act."

Brexit MEP Nathan Gill commented on the proposal and said - "For years Brexiteers have been labelled as liars for warning of the imperial ambitions of the bureaucrats in Brussels.  Now we have the next EU foreign affairs chief calling for double the boots on the ground.  They already have a flag, an anthem and a currency. The next logical step towards a European super-state is a fully fledged army.  I for one find it appalling that un-elected and unaccountable pencil-pushers in Brussels can send men and women to war. The sooner we are out the better."

 

 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

The steps towards a giant EU army with worldwide interest became stronger the other day when Josep Borrell who is nominated to be the EU's chief foreign diplomat (high power and influence) proposed that the EU should have a much stronger military presence to compete against China and the USA. He proposed that the EU army should double in size with "60,000 troops on the ground." and that "The EU has to learn the language of power......We should reinforce EU's international role and further our military capacity to act."

Brexit MEP Nathan Gill commented on the proposal and said - "For years Brexiteers have been labelled as liars for warning of the imperial ambitions of the bureaucrats in Brussels.  Now we have the next EU foreign affairs chief calling for double the boots on the ground.  They already have a flag, an anthem and a currency. The next logical step towards a European super-state is a fully fledged army.  I for one find it appalling that un-elected and unaccountable pencil-pushers in Brussels can send men and women to war. The sooner we are out the better."

 

 

Is this from a different article (source?) or behind the paywall? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron2016
31 minutes ago, Setton said:

Is this from a different article (source?) or behind the paywall? 

Top stories in the Telegraph and the Express.

 

newsp1.png

 

 

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
7 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Just google 'EU army'

he did and didn't like the returned results. goes quiet he went.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
3 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Top stories in the Telegraph and the Express.

 

newsp1.png

 

 

Right. You seem to be missing the point. 

What I'm asking for is a source showing the EU is suggesting more troops for an EU army. 

All that's been provided so far is openly anti-EU news sites interpreting things that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
21 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Don't be soft. It'll never happen. As they said in1933. Before using the courts as a political tool. Now where have we seen that recently? 

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ethereal_scout

The European Union has had EuroCorp for decades now and nobody has complained so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocorps

https://www.eurocorps.org

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky
On 10/10/2019 at 12:25 AM, stevewinn said:

Question: which trading Union has a need for a Army? and some people still think the EU is just about trade. its aiming to build a Federation. can you not see.

No trading bloc in the world has its own central bank,its own currency, its own parliament, its own flag. an anthem. foreign policy, and soon to be own army.

Europe and its people are in peril. one day their going to wake up and think how did that happen.

It’s always been about building a federation the day the The EEC stopped being an economic community and it became a union. 
 

but why would you care now that the UK is leaving?

Edited by Captain Risky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.