Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Can I Stop a Stalker?

Akhu999

About a year and a half ago, I encountered a guy on a dating app who described my place of residence down to where my t.v. was setting in my room. He posed as someone (a "downlow" guy) I had been with before so I went to meet him. I thought I was stood up but turns out he didn't even know me but wanted to see if I was the same person on my profile, I suppose.

This actual "DL" guy I was briefly involved with was friends with him and had gone back and told him things about me, in detail, including our **** acts. This stalker posed as a "friend" to him (and other "dl" men in the community) and a discreet person (not openly gay) and turned out to be a very shady, contentious person who would out and spread gossip about people. He, somehow, knew private things about me and other people I had dealings with and I had no idea how he got such information. He would take significant little facts and mix them in with lies so you couldn't tell which was which. One of my friendships even ended over this.

I confronted some of these partners and friends of mine and they, apparently, "didn't know he was that way" and became paranoid, themselves, and cut ties with him. These guys (cowards) either didn't want to get involved or were messy in their own right. 

I've always been a very private, conservative person, but unfortunately got involved in a lifestyle that I honestly regret. Nothing illegal (other than being promiscuous and frivolous with my lifestyle and the people I got involved with) but nothing to be proud of either. And I attached myself with some very shady characters. Some random person messaged me, incognito, years ago, and told me I was a very good-looking person and shouldn't have my face showing on certain websites because people would could easily jealous of me. I felt he was genuine , but I really tried to figure out what he meant, being naive, for one, and not thinking I was all that attractive. But I'd also said some things on my profiles that could upset people.

I've had a few people popping up over the years, knowing things about me they couldn't have known unless someone close to me had told them. This particular guy I was involved with told me this stalker wanted me and I turned him down, at some point, and now he's obsessed with me. I'm not flattered but furious that a man in his 40s would be so immature to continuously harrass someone (saying all kinds of crude things to me) simply becsuse they were interested (evrn so, I would've been polite and discreet about it). He sent me a picture of this guy and I don't remember ever seeing him before. He may be a "hater" but I take it seriously when someone continually makes profiles just for the purpose of antagonizing me and has been at this for well over a year. I've since removed my face picture off of those profiles, but he's still managed to find me on one particular. 

All I have is apparently a picture of him from a "TextMe" site (whatever that is) with what he was using as a first name on there (good thing I screenshotted) and pictures I took of some of our chat exchanges on the app. I tried to get more of a paper trail but he would always delete his profile immediately following his tangents. And how much can you really track someone from an app on their phone that they could've uninstalled?

The other "dl" guy sent me his photo so I'm not 100% sure it's even really him. I'm not sure I have enough info to get the law involved and really don't trust the cops with this, to be honest. We are black men, after all, and gay at that. Good thing is this stalker doesn't know my real name and calls me the nickname I would use on my profiles. I imagine if I got the law involved my real name and info would have to be shared at some point. But I am becoming increasingly infuriated with this guy who keeps messing with me and don't want to do anything I may regret later. But he has to be stopped, somehow. I've moved from where I was living before (still in the same city) but was living with a family, at that time, who also had small children, and he has also spread rumors about me on my job...in a WHOLE OTHER CITY that he doesn't even live in, some of them even serious accusations. And because just about everyone on my job is shady and gossips, it's hard to trace back the sources of some of these rumors and slander.

I've tried to even think of a way to go about this on a metaphysical level because I'm sure he's built up some negative karma. If I was a witch I would have sent some spirits after him by now. I'm patient to a fault, but I haven't done anything to this man and I don't know anyone I can even trust at this point. As far as getting the cops involved, the only thing he's really guilty of is harrassment and maybe slander, but no threats at this point, so not sure if I have enough of a trail to track him down.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can put an end to this situation?

Edited by Akhu999

4 minutes ago, Akhu999 said:

Do you have any suggestions on how I can put an end to this situation

Contact your local police if you believe your are being stalked.

• Like 9

1st, contact the police.

45 minutes ago, Akhu999 said:

I've always been a very private,

You think you are, but truth is, you are far from it.

I do not think you realize how much info about yourself you have given in your post above. 

You also explain in your post (not sure if you realized it)  how much info you have shared.

I believe you need to turn off your social media and dating app sites. Stay off them ! 

Without sounding cruel and no offence meant, but you seem to be one of the gullible and naive internet users. I know you will not agree, but I already know quite a lot about you just by what you have posted. AND  reading between the lines of your post is actually very easy to do with your particular posting style.

Note: facts can be proven, lies can not, no matter how someone tries to mix them.

You need to call the police and stay off the internet, no matter how much you are itching to see what is being said (that is the trap people fall in) .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Contact your local police if you believe your are being stalked.

Yes, this. Get the LEO involved.

• Like 4

spells and curses all that is make believe, stalkers are real.

if a person talks gossip with you they talk it about you, yeah, you told us a lot.

dating sites are just problems waiting to happen, creepers can hide behind the comp,

yep, get the popo involved stalking is real and can be dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever evidence you have on this person, forward it to your local police department. Also I would stay off social media for awhile, because the more info you put out the more said person will use against you and the harassment will continue.

• Like 2

Delete all those stupid aps from your phone.  Those are gateways to stalkers.  There are tracking apps they an use.  If you have to get a new phone, maybe a cheap flip phone, change your number and stay off the internet and the apps.

Also, like Nine Moons said, contact the police.  More people may be experiencing this from the same group of people and someone needs to stop them. 

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 7:27 AM, Akhu999 said:

Do you have any suggestions on how I can put an end to this situation?

Stop being a gullible naïve idiot, for one.

NO apologies for being blunt here, you've posted a couple of threads about being taken, from "psychic advisors" to hook-ups on a dating app. You really need to smarten up.

And, if you are being stalked, inform the local law.

• Like 1