Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enterprise's Transwarp Speed

Harte

Star Trek Voyager got back to the Alpha quadrant using a worm hole the Borg created.  So, maybe someone has better understanding of space/time than us lowly humans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Star Trek Voyager got back to the Alpha quadrant using a worm hole the Borg created.  So, maybe someone has better understanding of space/time than us lowly humans.

• Haha 2

Who needs a Warp Drive?

Bend space-time the right way, pop through the wormhole, and you're there!  It's not rocket science.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, acute said:

Who needs a Warp Drive?

Bend space-time the right way, pop through the wormhole, and you're there!  It's not rocket science.

Tesseract is the term for it, a wrinkle in timespace.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, acute said:

Who needs a Warp Drive?

Only one problem. The nearest black hole (potential wormhole) is 3,000 light years from Earth.
Let's argue that they're so advanced, they can fly at half light speed. It would then take them 6,000 years to drop in and not say 'Hi!'  ._.

They of course planned the trip so they'd arrive about the same time we started to make flying saucer movies.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, acute said:

It's not rocket science.

Right, it's not rocket science. It's *worse*, it's wormhole science lol

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Harte said:

Depressing calculations on how long it takes to travel around the galaxy, even at Star Trek's latest "Transwarp" speed.

link

Seems unlikely we've ever been visited.

Harte

It is depressing. If we were to go the speed of light, we would need 100,000 years to transit the Milky Way galaxy.  

Then, we have some two TRILLION galaxies after that. :o

• Like 1

Don't forget the space folding technology facilitated by the Holzzman Field Reactors and the Malange transformed navigators of the Spacing Guild of Dune.  That mode was instantaneous.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Don't forget the space folding technology facilitated by the Holzzman Field Reactors and the Malange transformed navigators of the Spacing Guild of Dune.  That mode was instantaneous.

Melange, Holtzman...........If your going to be a fan be a obsessive one. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Melange, Holtzman...........If your going to be a fan be a obsessive one. :yes:

I'm quite sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Only one problem. The nearest black hole (potential wormhole) is 3,000 light years from Earth.
Let's argue that they're so advanced, they can fly at half light speed. It would then take them 6,000 years to drop in and not say 'Hi!'  ._.

They of course planned the trip so they'd arrive about the same time we started to make flying saucer movies.

Why not generate an artificial black hole.

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why not generate an artificial black hole.

Duh! How could I be so ignorant?! They of course make their own black holes, like we make homemade hotdogs... :alien:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

black hole.

I hate that term and prefer "singularity". It's not a "hole". It's a super dense object that absorbs things, then when it gets full spits out hot things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Duh! How could I be so ignorant?! They of course make their own black holes, like we make homemade hotdogs... :alien:

If you want to be a smart az fine. Just throwing stuff out there.

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

I hate that term and prefer "singularity". It's not a "hole". It's a super dense object that absorbs things, then when it gets full spits out hot things. 

Personally time travel would be better. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

If you want to be a smart az fine. Just throwing stuff out there.

Wasn't trying to be sarcastic, just having a little fun. It is actually not that far out.

Just now, sci-nerd said:

Wasn't trying to be sarcastic, just having a little fun. It is actually not that far out.

When it comes to space travel I like to let my imagination run wild. Plus I've got my sense of humor shut off. So I'm more casual/serious minded. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

When it comes to space travel I like to let my imagination run wild. Plus I've got my sense of humor shut off. So I'm more casual/serious minded. 

If you make your own wormhole, however, I can't see how you'd control where you end up. They need two black holes to work, and you can only make one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Personally time travel would be better. 

Exceed the speed of light you can go forward. Try to go back you'll tear spacetime and kill every Rick out there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

If you make your own wormhole, however, I can't see how you'd control where you end up. They need two black holes to work, and you can only make one.

That my problem with wormholes, same for time travel. How could anything navigate it. 

Another reminder of how unfathomably massive the universe is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If space and time are truely inseperable ....  There may be a way to  travel  it,  that we don't understand  yet.   ?

the universe seems impossible, and impossibly immence....so,   it probably isn't !

49 minutes ago, Piney said:

Like in the new thread about the "recent" explosion at the center of our universe?

.....  Oooops !   I meant to say GALAXY.    sorry, I guess you guessed what I meant Piney . .:P

Edited by lightly
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lightly said:

Like in the new thread about the "recent" explosion at the center of our universe?

"Active galactic nucleus" which our galaxy is actually too old to have but when it swallows something too big, it's gonna spit out lots of hot stuff.

Think of a engine getting too much of a air/fuel mixture and backfiring. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Piney said:

Kinda like Serena Williams? 

• Thanks 1