Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sightings of ghosts shuts down Ghana school

Still Waters

About twenty students of Fumbisi Senior High /Agric School in the Upper East Region collapsed between Sunday and Monday after allegedly seeing ghosts lurking on campus, a situation which has caused the management to send all students home and shut the place down temporarily until further notice.

Three of the students collapsed on Sunday night and 17 more on Monday.

They were hospitalised at Fumbisi Clinic and the Sandema Government Hospital.

Sixteen of those taken to the Sandema Government Hospital have been discharged.

As a result of the ghost scare, some students went on the rampage over the mysterious mass fainting of their fellow students – a situation which compelled the school authorities to shut down the place.

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Fumbisi-SHS-girl-jumps-from-2nd-floor-19-others-collapse-after-ghost-scare-787287#

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/high-school-in-ghana-shut-down-following-alleged-ghost-sighting

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, I looked at the two links and we certainly don't have thorough well-written accounts of what is going on.

In general, this seems similar to other mass outbreak stories I've heard over the years. My thought is that in more remote parts of the world forces and things can still occasionally be found that the materialist thinking first-world person would scoff at and call panic induced imagination. My thought is that there are often forces in these things not understood yet by materialist science.

Fumbisi Case: Papameter 60% Paranormal Involved    40% Hoax/Imagination Only

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, moonman said:

Nonsense, complete and utter. Probably a group prank to get out of school.

Cultural destruction creates rampant superstition. Africa is a mess in that sense. When you no longer have traditional Houngan to protect you from your own mind you see spirits everywhere. 

• Like 4

Maybe it is a gas leak.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Muuum I don't wanna go to school today it's to haunted..... and no one else is going either"

• Like 3

It's something but ghosts? No.

• Like 1

Sure I read about a similar story in  an area in Ghana last year.

Maybe they have heard about halloween and are getting spooked by the stories as they do not fully understand it.

Found this, which basically explains what is going on. 

You need to read the whole  article.

Halloween, as an event, seems to be growing legs in Africa, especially in Ghana, my home country. I personally noticed a few years ago that within the expatriate community in Ghana, people were beginning to celebrate this festival they had brought with them, to Ghana!

https://newafricanmagazine.com/3524/

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe it is a gas leak.

That was my first thought too. :o   It's not often you'd get a whole bunch of people fainting like that.  

• Like 3

Why can't that happen at my work... ghost scare, go home, full pay!

Children were studying in the night, around 11pm? Children jumping out of windows, widespread panic. Who's the principal, Jim Jones?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bed of chaos said:

Children were studying in the night, around 11pm? Children jumping out of windows, widespread panic. Who's the principal, Jim Jones?

I reckon if I was a kid and still at school at 11pm I'd jump out the window as well

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

This surprised me too, the first time I saw kids clustered around a gas station in Haiti late at night, with school books. Turned out that power is unpredictable and gas stations generally had power, so this was typical for kids to study there late at night when it was cooler. Many days we had power for only a couple hours a day at random times. When you are that poor, school and a chance at a paying job if they do well, is VERY motivational.

Life is different in the third world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2019 at 9:09 AM, MissJatti said:

Why can't that happen at my work... ghost scare, go home, full pay!

And if hauntings and ghosts were really a thing it would be like that, people do not play by rules neither would ghosts we would be up to our ying yangs with them....

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

This surprised me too, the first time I saw kids clustered around a gas station in Haiti late at night, with school books. Turned out that power is unpredictable and gas stations generally had power, so this was typical for kids to study there late at night when it was cooler. Many days we had power for only a couple hours a day at random times. When you are that poor, school and a chance at a paying job if they do well, is VERY motivational.

Life is different in the third world.

I've been out of country more than once. Life is different everywhere. Not my fault Haiti is filled with poverty or corruption.

Why does this seem to happen in countries/places with virtually impossible verification standards?

• Like 3

@pallidin

Because when these types of events are able to be scrutinized and examined there is almost always a simple, earthly explanation. 

When dealing with a superstitious group of people the power of suggestion is indeed powerful.

Could also be a simple prank to get out of school.

Otherwise :

Real ghost = .0000001% Fake ghost = 99.9999999%

Edited by onlookerofmayhem
@
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Because when these types of events are able to be scrutinized and examined there is almost always a simple, earthly explanation

And of the ones not explained by simple eartly explanations we still only have unexplained not a single proven haunt or ghost or anything paranormal,

The warrens for example saw demons everywhere, made great money off it but not once proved a single case, all just stories.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, the13bats said:

not a single proven haunt or ghost or anything paranormal,

Have you convinced yourself yet bats ? I'm thinking not !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Have you convinced yourself yet bats ? I'm thinking not !

Thats what happens when you think, you make up stuff, how your mind works, not the first time or last.

phychobabble to try to inlicit a trigger wont work, I ran out of my box of Purina troll chow to feed you,

If you blindly believe in paranormal thats super :tu:

• Like 2

I don't blindly believe. You are certainly in process of trying to convince yourself.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I don't blindly believe. You are certainly in process of trying to convince yourself.

No, you convinced me yourself you blindly believe.

People, attention please our friend habitat is obviously feeling a bit loney and ignored, in his full make up stuff troll to trigger mode,

Can someone please provide some troll chow or perhaps a nice cyber hug for him, I'm all out.

Thanks all, :tu:

Edited by the13bats
fixed
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

It must be a boarding school.  We don't have those in the U.S. anymore.

Punk kids decide to throw rocks at Headmasters house, attack security guard, get caught claim that a ghost made them do it, and they closed the school. Makes sense to me... The old devil made me doing excuse strikes again only in Ghana it actually worked. I guess from no on punk kids can get away with anything there. If you get caught just blame it on a ghost making you do it and you are home free!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What makes an attack look spiritual? If the thing looked like a human I'm sure it was a human and that they just panicked and ran like a herd of spooked cattle. Someone pranked them pretty good.

• Like 1