Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rising tensions between NBA and China

spartan max2

12 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Again, that's a cool story. The NBA is not The West; and, corporations will continue to add value for their shareholders first and foremost.

I'll buy you a beer when people start boycotting iPhones and the Houston Rockets.

I mean i get the apathetism.

But I'm more curious about if you have any solutions or ideas to suggest.

Or is it only apathetism?

Edited by spartan max2

30 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I mean i get the apathetism.

But I'm more curious about if you have any solutions or ideas to suggest.

Or is it only apathetism?

Well, I wouldn't characterise the free market as nihilism. In the this context it's more, IMO, hedonism mixed with a bit of NIMBY thinking.

Altruism, ideals, and protests are cool and all. But you have to get the populace, consumers, or market to take the journey with you.

Change will happen when the price is right. Or, you fight sovereignty.

• Like 1

If the west had one shred of integrity we would start imposing sanctions on China for human rights violations, but instead we suck up to them.  We disgust me.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

If the west had one shred of integrity we would start imposing sanctions on China for human rights violations, but instead we suck up to them.  We disgust me.

According to all of our alleged values we should be making a fuss.

But people are too comfortable and don't want to be inconvienced in any way. 

36 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

According to all of our alleged values we should be making a fuss.

But people are too comfortable and don't want to be inconvienced in any way. 

Another part of the problem is the mistaken thought that all cultures are equal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Another part of the problem is the mistaken thought that all cultures are equal.

I have noticed this moral relativism too.

It's okay to say another nation's ideology is wrong.

In fact it is what you must do if you believe in your values and want the world to be a better place. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

What did he chock?

Thankyou Ducky!  What the hell is a chock?  I just looked it up to see if it was some type of US slang but couldn't find anything.  

Aah nevermind, he must've meant choked.  Gosh, it's like having to decipher his tweets sometimes isnt it! :lol:

I think he might be as bad as I am.  I'm always making speeling mistakes and having to go back and edit my posts. :rolleyes:

Hehehe @acidhead I swear you live on Twitter :P 

Edited by Gwynbleidd
Except I don't think he edit's his :P
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Thankyou Ducky!  What the hell is a chock?  I just looked it up to see if it was some type of US slang but couldn't find anything.  

Aah nevermind, he must've meant choked.  Gosh, it's like having to decipher his tweets sometimes isnt it! :lol:

I think he might be as bad as I am.  I'm always making speeling mistakes and having to go back and edit my posts. :rolleyes:

You chock the wheels of a vehicles to stop them rolling.

'Choke' does fit better.  But, surely nobody spells better than this stable genius with a very, very, fine eye for attention to detail.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

'Choke' does fit better.  But, surely nobody spells better than this stable genius with a very, very, fine eye for attention to detail.

And don't forget he has a high IQ :P

I'm sorry my lovely republican friends I had to make that joke - the timing was just too perfect! :wub:

• Like 1

"great and unmatched wisdom... "

Putting from the fairway bunker... 

~

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, acidhead said:

:D

Don't want to upset those Chinese fans now lol

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 4:01 AM, Gwynbleidd said:

I'm a great speller...but sometimes auto correct chooses to change my typos to a word that doesn't even resemble the word I intended! My problem lies in forgetting to scan before I post...lol

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 1:44 PM, spartan max2 said:

Don't want to upset those Chinese fans now lol

Or take a hit in the pocketbook.

• Like 2