Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life 'flying saucer' unveiled at airshow

UM-Bot

The pic reminds me of one's a person might see in a 1950s popular science mag,

I was gonna spew this china one is just a weird helicopter but it dawned on me, there is no baseline to gauge what a "flying saucer" is so it is open for opinion.

d5642cf9abaa340c46425a03c8e52f4c--best-ghost-stories-irons.jpg.47f016c75244c78f5b4a9f8c138ae83a.jpg

I'd call it rather hovercraft.

• Like 2

What a lousy looking airfoil.    Until I actually see it fly I am calling it the Super Great White Elephant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thing will have an insane fuel consumption ... whatever it fly, soar or stay still trying to do it...

Edited by Jon the frog

The basic machining look of the thing makes me think at most it’s basic drone technology alongside a hastily put together chassis.

Aerodynamics look horrible. 

Lol really. 

• Like 1

This is pretty obviously a ruse. They're probably flying something a lot more agile, aerodynamic, half as ugly and shoots more than some missiles. Stinks of diversion. "Just remember, if you see a flying saucer and it doesn't look like this, it wasn't us".

1 hour ago, mdbuilder said:

Looks about as stealthy and nimble as a flying Sherman tank.

This is exactly the kind of useless contraption you end up with, if you reverse-engineer a crashed UFO from the 1950's.

Basically, the interstellar equivalent of a Model-T Ford! :yes:

Edited by acute
  • Like 4

This has been tried. And it failed spectacularly. I'd put my money on a regular attack helicopter like the Apache 10 out of 10 times.
Still, though...I like the idea of new aircraft designs, I just don't think any of them will work until we invent new propulsion systems, and/or new power systems/battery tech that's MUCH lighter and more efficient than what we have now.
Only then will we have some practical sci-fi looking aircraft like 'hover cars' and the like.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

It shoots missiles so it has to be good.

I also frequently shot missiles when I was seven, often with amazing accuracy, but my teacher never said I was good.  Double standards or what?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I also frequently shot missiles when I was seven, often with amazing accuracy, but my teacher never said I was good.  Double standards or what?

Spitball types or the intercontinental ones. :P