Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do "ghosts" exist in 2 places at one time?

ScotDeerie

I always wondered if "ghosts" might be simply an echo of a previous event or something that is replayed over and over like a recording. Seemed far-fetched and unprovable --  until now. They have finally captured giant molecules existing in two places at the same time. Is is possible that that ghost walking down the hallway is someone doing it in another place and time for real?  Something to mull over...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/giant-molecules-exist-in-two-places-at-once-in-unprecedented-quantum-experiment/?fbclid=IwAR1nsp5pf8FCvX84WcRNFG9bnYprYd_NhAmTri7OgkZUQPZkljji5YpD6ww

Spirit tour 2012-01-01 016 resize.JPG

Edited by ScotDeerie
  • Haha 1

How does that translate to "ghosts"?

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

How does that translate to "ghosts"?

Two identical objects displaced in time.  One here, one there. Only one in a recognizable reality. The other one seemingly out of place.

Wow, to me experiments like this say bye-bye to our straight-forward materialist view of reality. A large molecule being in two places at once?

Now as a believer in ghosts too, I am not seeing how to tie this experiment in with the ghost realms.  I think ghosts operate at a more macroscopic level like us but involve themselves with other dimensions beyond our familiar three. 

Just now, ScotDeerie said:

Two identical objects displaced in time.  One here, one there. Only one in a recognizable reality. The other one seemingly out of place.

So, are you talking about actual objects or trying to take that scientific understanding and translate it to non-physical entities or what?  Maybe the fact that you put the word "ghosts" in quotes is what is confusing.  Do you mean ghosts as in dead people or do you mean something else?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, are you talking about actual objects or trying to take that scientific understanding and translate it to non-physical entities or what?  Maybe the fact that you put the word "ghosts" in quotes is what is confusing.  Do you mean ghosts as in dead people or do you mean something else?

I mean what is real in one place might look like a ghost in a place where it wasn't expected but that doesn't make it any less real.

Edited by ScotDeerie

I think that ghosts are either Residual Hauntings (like a replay) or Active Hauntings (with a consciousness involved).  But not in 2 places at once.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

I mean what is real in one place might look like a ghost in a place where it wasn't expected but that doesn't make it any less real.

OK.  So you aren't talking about dead people, you are talking about people's experiences of something that happened long ago or an alternate explanation of hauntings. 

1 hour ago, ScotDeerie said:

I always wondered if "ghosts" might be simply an echo of a previous event or something that is replayed over and over like a recording. Seemed far-fetched and unprovable

And it still is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think ghosts operate at a more macroscopic level like us but involve themselves with other dimensions beyond our familiar three. 

Dammit. I've tried to explain those extra dimensions so many times, but people, like you, hold on to the misperception!

They only exist inside particles! They are super super super small! They can only contain gravity! Nothing can exist, live or reside there!

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ScotDeerie said:

They have finally captured giant molecules existing in two places at the same time. Is is possible that that ghost walking down the hallway is someone doing it in another place and time for real?  Something to mull over...

That article is hyperbole.

Molecules are included in duality, so they apply to the rules of the quantum world. But nothing visible to the naked eye has ever shown duality or nonlocality, like implied.

So no. "Ghost like apparitions" cannot be explained by quantum nonlocality or superposition. Until there is evidence of visible objects doing this, it's pure speculation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

That article is hyperbole.

Molecules are included in duality, so they apply to the rules of the quantum world. But nothing visible to the naked eye has ever shown duality or nonlocality, like implied.

So no. "Ghost like apparitions" cannot be explained by quantum nonlocality or superposition. Until there is evidence of visible objects doing this, it's pure speculation.

Today I think this is hilarious.  You are trying to reason with someone who does not want to be reasoned with.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Today I think this is hilarious.  You are trying to reason with someone who does not want to be reasoned with.

I have OCD when science is misrepresented :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

I have OCD when science is misrepresented :P

I get it, but sometimes banging your head on a wall hurt you more than the wall.   And sometimes it is misunderstood, not misrepresented. 

Edited by Desertrat56

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I get it, but sometimes banging your head on a wall hurt you more than the wall.   And sometimes it is misunderstood, not misrepresented. 

Myths, like you read in this thread, thrive because they are uncontradicted. I aim to fight that. Even if it hurts my head sometimes.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Dammit. I've tried to explain those extra dimensions so many times, but people, like you, hold on to the misperception!

They only exist inside particles! They are super super super small! They can only contain gravity! Nothing can exist, live or reside there!

Well, dimensions beyond three are not ready for our conceptualization. 

What is space? Distance? Dimensions? Matter? Is sci-nerd’s explanation anything we can grasp or give us an understanding?

My certainty is that non-physical entities exist and experience outside of our normal physical dimensions and matter. And those that I believe best psychically perceive the non-physical say additional ‘dimensions’ are involved in this mystery. Also science is starting to more talk about extra dimensions.

30 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Myths, like you read in this thread, thrive because they are uncontradicted. I aim to fight that. Even if it hurts my head sometimes.

You will eventually get fatigued. Some people are set in their beliefs, no matter how false those beliefs are.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What is space? Distance? Dimensions? Matter? Is sci-nerd’s explanation anything we can grasp or give us an understanding?

My certainty is that non-physical entities exist and experience outside of our normal physical dimensions and matter. And those that I believe best psychically perceive the non-physical say additional ‘dimensions’ are involved in this mystery. Also science is starting to more talk about extra dimensions.

Those entities exist within the human imagination. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Those entities exist within the human imagination. 

I hold them to be external independent entities like papa and xeno.

23 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The one thing you missed about dimensions. The most important thing. They are mathematical constructs! 1 and 2 dimension only exist in math. So does 5, 6 , 7 and above.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I hold them to be external independent entities like papa and xeno.

Prove it and change the world.

12 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The one thing you missed about dimensions. The most important thing. They are mathematical constructs! 1 and 2 dimension only exist in math. So does 5, 6 , 7 and above.

I am not sure people can conceptualize dimensions or that you have a much better or complete grasp either to be honest.

Things exist that we can work with as concepts but what they actually ‘are’ is a level beyond us.

• Haha 1

Ghosts dont exist.

Frank says welcome to the tangent universe.

Anyhow, while i do not believe in "ghosts" as any sort of disembodied spirits or autonomous entity i do have interest in my version of "stone tape" it might work.

But I dont know that has anything to do with how "ghost" is used in this threads OP or does it?

Edited by the13bats

My theory is speculation..but anyway. Couldn't spirits have some systematic rules/guidelines about travelling. In Beetleguise movie. anyone remember 'handbook for the recently deceased'. Perhaps they travel to our dreams. Think about it. No physical evidence left behind, no red tape and we're not exactly consciously aware or in control of what's happening.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Confused 1