Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$1,425 Jesus Sneakers Sell Out in 1 Minute

BrooklynGuy

$1,425 ‘Jesus Shoes’ filled with holy water sell out in 1 minute flat

In a first-century collaboration (we mean the A.D. era, people), a Brooklyn-based company created $1,425 customized Nike sneakers called “Jesus Shoes” — that sold out in one minute. The sneakers, a pair of Nike Air Max 97s injected with holy water derived from the Jordan River in the Middle East and adorned with a steel crucifix, are by creative label MSCHF. Head of commerce Daniel Greenberg, 22, tells Yahoo Lifestyle that an August brainstorm meeting on brand partnerships, including one between Adidas-Arizona, produced the winning idea.

Read more: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/1425-jesus-shoes-filled-with-holy-water-sell-out-in-1-minute-flat-201812981.html

• Haha 6

Oh, good lord!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I'm sure Jesus would be proud. Didn't he say use your money on expensive shoes instead of giving them to the poor ? :innocent:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Pretty sure that's blasphemous in some way...

Pretty sure your right. That's disrespect no matter what the sacred object or tradition.

That would be like me screen printing a False Face on a tee and selling them. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Pretty sure that's blasphemous in some way...

Jesus needs your money. How else can he afford to make a comeback?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

One minute.... God must've been busy saving babies from abortion clinics 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lmao and of course nothing special, either. At least they're not the what I call clown shoes that get so much press. And when they come out, someone gets shot. 

• Like 2

:sleepy:

They look like nurse shoes,

Okay, tell you what, I'll get a pair of basic punk converse, I'll dunk them in blessed water and glue a cross over the converse logo, pre order yours now, 666.00 a pair......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"$1,425"?

HELL!!! I'm not paying more then $1200 for these blasphemous shoes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

Okay, tell you what, I'll get a pair of basic punk converse, I'll dunk them in blessed water and glue a cross over the converse logo, pre order yours now, 666.00 a pair......

Are the soles blessed and saved by the blood of christ too? 

~

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

"$1,425"?

HELL!!! I'm not paying more then $1200 for these blasphemous shoes.

At that price they'd better allow me to walk on water. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

At that price they'd better allow me to walk on water. 

Well, they did say they were injected with holy water, so sort of would be walking on water... :innocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/11/2019 at 9:20 PM, the13bats said:

My grandson said those shoes are popular with teenagers, but no one cares about the holy water.

• Like 1

They're collectable. That's why they've sold out. They could look like a pile of dog turd covered in vomit but if it's a limited release they'll sell out immediately, mainly to collectors. Most will never be worn and they'll only gain in value. Nike know exactly what they're doing and adidas collectors are similar here in the UK although they don't command quite as high prices as Nike.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

They're collectable. That's why they've sold out. They could look like a pile of dog turd covered in vomit but if it's a limited release they'll sell out immediately, mainly to collectors. Most will never be worn and they'll only gain in value. Nike know exactly what they're doing and adidas collectors are similar here in the UK although they don't command quite as high prices as Nike.

"There's a sucker born every minute."

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

"There's a sucker born every minute."

You said it. I'm a member of the church...this is stupid & a colossal waste of money. I get people disagree with what I choose to believe, and they have the right to do so, but this is just stupid.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, jowasmus said:

You said it. I'm a member of the church...this is stupid & a colossal waste of money. I get people disagree with what I choose to believe, and they have the right to do so, but this is just stupid.

Is it a waste of money? Because someone's making a sweet dime off cheap dressed up shoes. Guess it's a matter of perspective. Dumb for the customer, genius of the marketer. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Is it a waste of money? Because someone's making a sweet dime off cheap dressed up shoes. Guess it's a matter of perspective. Dumb for the customer, genius of the marketer. 

Yes, but where did they find a priest to supply the "holy water"?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, but where did they find a priest to supply the "holy water"?

Who to say it's actually 'holy'. 

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Not necessarily. These things become highly sought after and collectors pay good money when the original buyers want to sell.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Who to say it's actually 'holy'. 

Right, that is why I put it in quotes because I don't believe it could be.

The thing is you can market a fancy new product, that's the same as the old product just by giving it a 'new coat of paint'. Say it's special and jack up the price. 

• Like 2

Reminds me of Luke's passage where the master commended the dishonest servant because he had acted with shrewdness. In effect, what if we let go of expectations of monetary success and instead focused on the core value of generosity.

• Like 1