Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$1,425 Jesus Sneakers Sell Out in 1 Minute

BrooklynGuy

On 10/11/2019 at 5:54 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm sure Jesus would be proud. Didn't he say use your money on expensive shoes instead of giving them to the poor ? :innocent:

I believe it was in the book of Jordans.

"Verily I say unto you, no man shall enter the club of my father lest he wear upon his feet shoes of gold and of hides of cloven beast [leather]."

They were very specific though no price point is mentioned.

• Haha 2

On 10/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, but where did they find a priest to supply the "holy water"?

Absolutely.

They had other ideas too

MSCHF employees pitched different shoe concepts — sneakers with a holy nail and fake blood

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/1425-jesus-shoes-filled-with-holy-water-sell-out-in-1-minute-flat-201812981.html?

HOLY NAIL?

Jeeze! Where did they think they would get that from? 

Might as well go the whole hog and put a lock of Jesus's hair. 

At least they admit the blood is fake. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

On 10/15/2019 at 7:10 AM, XenoFish said:

Is it a waste of money? Because someone's making a sweet dime off cheap dressed up shoes. Guess it's a matter of perspective. Dumb for the customer, genius of the marketer. 

I dont see it any different then a painting or sculpture. Probably some people will put the shoes on a plinth in their living room, to showcase for friends to envy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I dont see it any different then a painting or sculpture. Probably some people will put the shoes on a plinth in their living room, to showcase for friends to envy.

Shoe culture is real man. I dont get it myself but people are so into them sports sites are starting to dedicate whole sections just to 'kicks'

• Like 1

What a pile of crap....really! Some airhead who has more money than sense has paid this? Jeeeze god help the world for future generations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Torviking said:

What a pile of crap....really! Some airhead who has more money than sense has paid this? Jeeeze god help the world for future generations.

Comeon you dont have anything in your life that you would splurge on like that if you could?

Mine would be fly fishing gear, particularly vintage owned by folks like Kreh or Gierach. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Comeon you dont have anything in your life that you would splurge on like that if you could?

Mine would be fly fishing gear, particularly vintage owned by folks like Kreh or Gierach. 

I do, i would splurge on rebuilding my defunct bathroom, and that is what I am saving up for.  I agree with @Torviking  How stupid and wasteful those shoes and many other idiotic "collectibles" are. 

Having never read the Bible especially the bit about Nike trainers I can't possibly comment

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

Having never read the Bible especially the bit about Nike trainers I can't possibly comment

You really should read it, as @Dark_Grey said its in the Book of Jordans. :innocent:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

These adidas have been out for a long time now and even have Jesus embroidered onto the tongue. Not quite as blasphemous as the Nike's but they're in similar vein.

Trainers.jpg

Plus - everyone knows Jesus was a huge Adi fan over Nike...

19d1fd57529a93affac5018a7acb2b60.jpg

• Haha 4

But these are the ACTUAL ones that Jesus rolled with back in the day, straight from the tomb. These are the serious collectors' 'Holy Grail' of shoes.

B04Q2STIgAMm_WH.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Stiff said:

But these are the ACTUAL ones that Jesus rolled with back in the day, straight from the tomb. These are the serious collectors' 'Holy Grail' of shoes.

B04Q2STIgAMm_WH.jpg

You'd of thought he would of got a matching unless that's how you bought them back in the day also not water walking upon footware you'd sink like a br..........

Edited by Matt221
c*** up
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matt221 said:

I forgot to say are they running shoes or Cross trainers.

We know the Romans practiced cross fit, although it wasn't quite like todays version. :innocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:10 AM, XenoFish said:

Is it a waste of money? Because someone's making a sweet dime off cheap dressed up shoes. Guess it's a matter of perspective. Dumb for the customer, genius of the marketer.

Can't argue with your line of thinking. LOL