Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would Full Divr VR cause human extinction?

jollyholly48

If we have full dive VR would there still be people living in real life apart from poeple who maintain the VR equipment ? I am referring to VR brain implants,BCIs or a VR chip connected to a central Ai computer not VR headsets, googles, etc? I am asking hypothetically since i know that full dive VR is still a while away

I know that we need to eat and drink etc but maybe using life support machines to take care of our bodily functions?

If you were to give a rough estimate what percentage of people would stay in the real world instead of using these devices? 30 Percent maybe

24.67% tops

Rich people and the people that serve rich people.  Thieves who would rob you blind while you wee hooked up  Poor people who couldn't afford it.   Armies who are looking to take over a country with little resistance.  Terrorists who want to blow VR users up for whatever crazy belief they have.  Psychopaths who are only satisfied with the real thing.. Lots of folks turning your VR dreams into nightmares.

• Like 2

I can see an augmented reality version of VR being used.  Basically the equivalent of "Joy" from We happy few.  Or perhaps VR linked with avatar technology to let people remotely control robots.  The Full Dive VR I can see used for prisoners or the unproductive to separate them from real society until they pass away.  But too much is dependent on reality for everyone to escape it.