Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Royal Mint launches solid gold debit card

Eldorado

"The Royal Mint, which makes U.K. bank coins, has produced its first solid-gold debit card for customers who sign up for a Raris account. The Royal Mint worked with Mastercard MA, +0.76% and the payments-technology company Accomplish to produce the cards.

"The 18-carat card costs a whopping £18,750 ($23,440) and can be personalized for customers who “value high-quality luxury items that make a statement,” the striker of U.K. bank coins said."

Full report at Market Watch dot com: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/royal-mint-launches-the-first-debit-card-made-from-solid-gold-and-it-costs-more-than-20000-2019-10-11

And at Twitter:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Are you a massive tool but fear that not every member of waiting or shop staff can tell what a complete twonk you are?
Good news, the Royal Mint has just unveiled the world’s first ever solid gold payment card!

Oh my, that literally made me laugh out loud :lol:

Seriously, who would want to carry one of these around in your wallet or purse.  Apart from looking like a knob at the counter whilst whipping one of these out to pay with, it would need polishing after every single time you use the darn thing. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Got one smug.gif

(in my dreams)

• Haha 1