Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peacock invasion gets village in a flap

Still Waters

For decades peacocks and peahens have been a colourful and harmless part of life in the picturesque village.

But a sudden population boom has changed all that. Now the birds, along with their chicks, stalk the streets and pester residents with all kinds of mischief.

Home owners complain that they destroy flowers and vegetables, climb onto greenhouses, scratch cars, damage roof tiles, squat on driveways – and deposit droppings everywhere.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7560437/Peacock-invasion-gets-village-flap-bird-numbers-boom-residents-brand-pests.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thry’re noisy b*****s as well. We had one escape from somewhere and end up in my school one day nd it took nearly a week to catch.

• Like 1

Their calls are wickedly, piercingly loud.  There was a feral pride of them that took residence in a canyon nearby some twenty years ago now.  I used to hike there regularly.  Their calls never failed to impress.  Always felt for the homeowners of the multi-million dollar estates that lined that canyon.

Though to be honest.  I'd take peacock calls over those bloody leaf blowers anyday.

• Like 1