Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will trump get impeached?

the13bats

I'm fairly ignorant to politics and this post isnt about if its a witch hunt or fair or whose fault it is but rather just for a bit of entertainment that we can come back to at a later date and see what we were thinking.

So

Will trump get impeached and it follow through to kicking him out?

Will trump get impeached but something like what happened with Clinton happen and it will not stick?

Will trump get impeached but something will happen like did with Nixion and he slips out?

The impeachment wont get any further than it is now.

Thanks all, I will learn from this....

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Who the Hell knows? They are all crazy and D.C. is a friggin madhouse. 

I do want to see Rudy locked up. That would be a hoot.  Schmuck. :lol:

But if they do get him out do we really want that little closet case Pence in? 

Oh I know it opens a bucket of worms, no wonder other countries laugh at us, 

on Rudy you will likely get your wish it seems he just loves to talk and wants to get himself in deep trouble, and he's way easier to lock up than donny.

And he wouldn't be the first of dons lawyers locked up...

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

I personally doubt it.....but should something actually happen, it'll most likely be a repeat of the Clinton impeachment.  Trump will stay in office and just have a little mark against his name as being Impeached for historical purposes.  It didn't affect Clinton any, so I can't imagine it'd hurt Trump either. 

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

That's also a possibility Batty.   It might just be all talk and nothing ever really eventuates out of it.  Let's face it, nothing ever gets done in Washington.  Nobody gets punished.....like REALLY PUNISHED.  Jail time punished.  

Like @Piney said, it's a madhouse.  Those politicians are not there for the people.  They're there to simply line their own pockets, any which way they can. 

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I do want to see Rudy locked up. That would be a hoot.  Schmuck. :lol:

I always thought everyone loved Rudy - that he was a fantastic Mayor of NYC during 9/11 etc?  Is he a bit of a crook?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Odds of impeachment this term, are 72% Yes, 28% No, with betting exchange Betfair.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

Odds of impeachment this term, are 72% Yes, 28% No, with betting exchange Betfair.

That's pretty high, does that mean  impeached and tossed out or impeached and um clintoned?

• Like 1

Technical impeachment, I would say, he is also rated 78% NOT to leave before his first term is up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

That's pretty high, does that mean  impeached and tossed out or impeached and um clintoned?

Impeached and Clintoned.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

I'm fairly ignorant to politics and this post isnt about if its a witch hunt or fair or whose fault it is but rather just for a bit of entertainment that we can come back to at a later date and see what we were thinking.

So

Will trump get impeached but something like what happened with Clinton happen and it will not stick?

Will trump get impeached but something will happen like did with Nixion and he slips out?

Thanks all, I will learn from this....

I think it will be just like with Clinton.  It is all a game of distraction to keep us paying attention to crap that doesn't matter, keep us emotional so we don't think clearly, and to keep us from paying attention to what congress is taking away from us at the moment.  You have to defuse the emotion  and remember that what ever the president does or doesn't do in relation to his job is always sanctioned by congress and the senate.  The system is set up to make sure at least 2 of the 3 agree on something before it is allowed to happen.  Since we have been taught the last 80 or so years to blame everything on "The President" congress has chipped away at our rights, changed the tax laws to their advantage, given themselves raises, removed the term limits, removed themselves from the normal medical and retirement systems with huge, unreasonable parachutes they keep for life, etc.  To hell with the president, he only gets 8 years.  We need to make sure we don't have "representatives" and senators dying in office at the age of 93, or getting sick and letting their spouse do their work until they die (like one representative in New Mexico in the 80's).  (I put representatives in quotes because it has been obvious for decades that they do not represent their constituents)

• Like 4

My best guess is, this goes to the voters in 2020, with an extreme backlash against the Republicans, because people are sick of the negative drama. Most people don’t like seeing their government turn into a TV reality show.

Senator Lindsey Graham has called his own party, “bat **** crazy,” and I think that about sums it up.

At this point, I don’t see anything that tells me there is a 2/3 majority in the Senate. What new revelations could swing that balance, is also hard to say at this point.

The interesting thing about this whole fiasco, seems to be Trump’s willingness to implicate his vice president in the whole scheme, in an attempt to perhaps insulate himself from impeachment.

This strategy, if true, would seem to be beyond the expectations of the authors of the Constitution, with the ruling party in the Senate, opposite the leader of the House of Representatives.

This situation presents itself as more than the usual constitutional crisis.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I always thought everyone loved Rudy - that he was a fantastic Mayor of NYC during 9/11 etc?  Is he a bit of a crook?

:lol:........I just spit black beans on my Laptop!

He happened to be at the right place at the right time. It was the EMS Brass who did a excellent job.

He ran for pres. Started talking and everybody figured out what a ass he was. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Trump's removal from office is a long shot at the moment, but it will obviously depend on what dirt is exposed during the impeachment trial. If Trump does get kicked to the curb, I find it impossible to envision a scenario where there's a peaceful transition of power. Trump will most likely be thrown out kicking, screaming, and tweeting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

What makes it so frustrating and why we still faithfully hold elections is that there have always been some very good people in Congress.  They went for idealism and public service.  How many people like that there are is anybody's guess.  The other members use that public service face as a disguise and its hard to tell one from the other.  Unless you carefully look at legislation, and who is getting rich, and who they hang around with it is as pretty good disguise. 

For example, when someone who gets elected as a middle class businessman with a very middle class lifestyle ends up eight or ten years later worth $5 million  while supposedly spending time and energy doing the peoples business, either he has a very lucrative hobby or he is part of the problem.

It is not a guaranteed tell, but I suspect reps with over-large lapel flag pens who spend a lot of time talking about their duty to the American people or the will of the voters.  Most folks with a real sense of duty are modest enough not to bring it up in public conversation much.

So, in a round about way...your point is that...Those in Congress seem more desirous of skimming off the tax payers than working for them...and too busy getting reelected so they can continue to skim off the tax payers.  Consequently...while many would like to vote for Impeachment...when they view their own personal reasons for being in Congress...i.e...to get wealthy in a short amount of time...they will vote against impeachment.

So, NO  Trump will not be impeached.  It's all a ruse.   

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Impeached and Clintoned.

A major difference I see is in the attitude of Clinton versus Trump.

It may have been an act, but Clinton was contrite and expressed remorse.  He did not challenge the authority of Congress.  Clinton may have been  a weasel but he bet correctly on the old saying that the world forgives a sinner come to the light. 

Trump on the other hand has challenged the function of Congress since his inauguration.  He wanted to take money approved by Congress for the military and divert it to the wall.  He made a deal to sell $8 billion dollars worth of arms to Saudi Arabia after Congress voted not to do that.  He defies Congress' right to impeach him or even accept them as a coequal branch. Over time, even Republicans feel the heat of that push to take initiative from Congress.

You can view the battle as strictly partisan.  Or you can look at the Constitution as it was envisioned by the framers as three co-equal branches of government that check and balance each other.

Beyond any acts that Trump might have performed, representatives may stand up in opposition  to Trump to show support for the Constitution and the separation of powers  or because they want to preserve their own personal power.

No, I don't think it is an act on the part of Congress.  It is a battle for balance of power. and a dangerous time for our republic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Trump's removal from office is a long shot at the moment, but it will obviously depend on what dirt is exposed during the impeachment trial. If Trump does get kicked to the curb, I find it impossible to envision a scenario where there's a peaceful transition of power. Trump will most likely be thrown out kicking, screaming, and being a twit. 

:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm going with no impeachment. I just can't see it getting a 2/3rs in the Senate without some absolute smoking bullet. Any room for doubt is enough reason for the Senate to justify not doing it. 

The real "impeachment" decision is going to come down to voters in 2020. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, spartan max2 said:

I'm going with no impeachment. I just can't see it getting a 2/3rs in the Senate without some absolute smoking bullet. Any room for doubt is enough reason for the Senate to justify not doing it. 

The real "impeachment" decision is going to come down to voters in 2020. 

This.

Given how tribal American politics has become, how tribal all poitics has become really, there’s no way the Republicans will support the democrats in anything. 

• Like 5

I dont mean to offend anyone but i call the US Donald Duck country the place where you can become the president with a good name and loads of cash. Unfortunately i think mr dump will be in the whitehouse for quite some time duh. Barf! :-( 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

I dont mean to offend anyone but i call the US Donald Duck country the place where you can become the president with a good name and loads of cash. Unfortunately i think mr dump will be in the whitehouse for quite some time duh. Barf! :-( 

That’s an insult to Donald Duck, Donald’s got anger issues but is funadamentally a good man... .duck.... person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

This.

Given how tribal American politics has become, how tribal all poitics has become really, there’s no way the Republicans will support the democrats in anything. 

The Fundies think he's some sort of Saul and they still have pull . Religion and politics, dangerous combination. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That’s an insult to Donald Duck, Donald’s got anger issues but is funadamentally a good man... .duck.... person.

I better duck then....i guess after my statement wont get into the US :-P

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Fundies think he's some sort of Saul and they still have pull . Religion and politics, dangerous combination. 

The Aussie PM is a open and active member of Hillsong. He wanted the Hillsong founder to attend the President’s Dinner Trump threw for him. The current Australian PM walked out of the vote to legalise gay marriage. He once fondled the coal that “god gave us to use” in parliament. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He once fondled the coal that “god gave us to use” in parliament. 

I remember several idiots with similar thoughts. James G. Watt was quoted as saying in the 80s "We shouldn't worry about the environment. Jesus is coming." 

.....and people wonder why I hate the Abrahamic Religions. :hmm:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1