Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will trump get impeached?

the13bats

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

A major difference I see is in the attitude of Clinton versus Trump.

It may have been an act, but Clinton was contrite and expressed remorse.  He did not challenge the authority of Congress.  Clinton may have been  a weasel but he bet correctly on the old saying that the world forgives a sinner come to the light. 

Trump on the other hand has challenged the function of Congress since his inauguration.  He wanted to take money approved by Congress for the military and divert it to the wall.  He made a deal to sell $8 billion dollars worth of arms to Saudi Arabia after Congress voted not to do that.  He defies Congress' right to impeach him or even accept them as a coequal branch. Over time, even Republicans feel the heat of that push to take initiative from Congress.

You can view the battle as strictly partisan.  Or you can look at the Constitution as it was envisioned by the framers as three co-equal branches of government that check and balance each other.

Beyond any acts that Trump might have performed, representatives may stand up in opposition  to Trump to show support for the Constitution and the separation of powers  or because they want to preserve their own personal power.

No, I don't think it is an act on the part of Congress.  It is a battle for balance of power. and a dangerous time for our republic.

I'm not so sure.  I think they might welcome the weakening of Congress for the power it gives Democrat/Republican presidents in the future.  People have already demonstrated that they believe in party over the people.  Turning the US more authoritarian will help both the extreme left and right in the future.

Trump really hasn't disappointed me- he acted more or less exactly how I thought he would.  The disappointment comes from people who constantly warp their supposed values to suit him.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

'm not so sure.  I think they might welcome the weakening of Congress for the power it gives Democrat/Republican presidents in the future.  People have already demonstrated that they believe in party over the people.  Turning the US more authoritarian will help both the extreme left and right in the future.

Yeah, seems possible.  Whether it helps anyone or just gives them what they think they want is the question.

I was thinking that we have 450 or so Congress People.  They all  have the capability to help their districts and/or help themselves. With separation of powers, special interests have to deal with enough of them to get legislation passed.  With a unitary executive, they only have to deal with one.  While this removal of regulation might be touted as a way to jump start business by the leader, Congress might object to being cut out of the food chain.  Then too, whatever portion are truly patriotic  might resist on principle.  It may not be a majority, but it would be a voting block to contend with.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aztek said:

so were hillary's chances to win , lol,   

She was rated about 85% to win. But, over time, these kinds of assessments are fairly accurate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The Aussie PM is a open and active member of Hillsong. He wanted the Hillsong founder to attend the President’s Dinner Trump threw for him. The current Australian PM walked out of the vote to legalise gay marriage. He once fondled the coal that “god gave us to use” in parliament. 

But I wanted a bike!

AA004853.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

IMO he will get impeached but nothing will come of it.

I suspect he's about 60/40 against, again by opinion, to win the next election.

But that said trump has served a very great national service albeit unintentionally - by demonstrating to the world just how flawed the American political and judicial systems are.

If any good comes of his time in office it should be a fundamental review of powers, rights, privileges, accountability, independence, and balances and checks that underpin and support the American form of government. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Habitat said:

She was rated about 85% to win. But, over time, these kinds of assessments are fairly accurate.

It's possibly only the odds for winning the popular vote.

The Electoral College adds a layer of complexity, although that difficult to overcome. 

But, $6.00 in a two horse race is irresistible. 

• Like 2

I also still maintane my same prediction for who wins the election as I did when that thread started.

If Biden gets the nomination Trump loses.

If Waren gets the nomination Trump wins. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I personally doubt it.....but should something actually happen, it'll most likely be a repeat of the Clinton impeachment.  Trump will stay in office and just have a little mark against his name as being Impeached for historical purposes.  It didn't affect Clinton any, so I can't imagine it'd hurt Trump either. 

That's also a possibility Batty.   It might just be all talk and nothing ever really eventuates out of it.  Let's face it, nothing ever gets done in Washington.  Nobody gets punished.....like REALLY PUNISHED.  Jail time punished.  

Like @Piney said, it's a madhouse.  Those politicians are not there for the people.  They're there to simply line their own pockets, any which way they can. 

I pretty much echo this post.

How will impeachment pass the Senate?  Why will the House send it to the Senate if it won;t be successful?

Either way the House Dems are damned if the do or damned if they don't.

Trump will be around 'til 2025.  His first term has been about winning a second; but, he will do in his second term is anyone's guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Trump will be around 'til 2025.  His first term has been about winning a second; but, what he will do in his second term is anyone's guess.

He might end up finishing that wall he's been talking about for years.  :lol:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Piney said:

:lol:........I just spit black beans on my Laptop!

My mission here is complete then.  

:P 

6 hours ago, Piney said:

He happened to be at the right place at the right time. It was the EMS Brass who did a excellent job.

He ran for pres. Started talking and everybody figured out what a ass he was. :lol:

Well fancy that!?!  Every single time I saw him on TV here, he was like the most highly praised man in NYC - I can't even remember him running for President.  I must've had my head still stuck in the sand at that stage.  :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all i think im learning something or at least its mind engaging,

Keep in mind in 2016 i didnt support either side im not a believer in "lesser of two evils". And I'm no party.

The first thing this thread showed for me wasnt about trump but rather Congress, why in the world would that be a life long appointment, wouldnt serving terms been better?

The vibe i got in 2016 was people really didnt like Hillary and at the same time wanted something different, trumps pseudo "average working man" persona coupled with acting like a reality show host 24 7 was attractive to a certain fan base who ate it up,  he was real and fun but turned out not to be real fun.

now a few years later with countless daily dramas more that the last several decades of potus combined and his actual personally of a lowbrow used car salesman at a tacky buy here pay here lot getting old, even some die hard republicans private and in Congress are not only getting embarrassed but more so are scared what is the fall out of trumps 8 ( yeah, I think hes got a good chance of taking 2020 ) will do to the Republican party down the road,

Lets face it its already caused damage and some rep Congress and balking,

When the idea of impeachment first popped up i dismissed it as fodder from his haters but as i saw reps jumping ship and his antics having no bounds i wondered could it happen, I figured his ego loves being potus even if a lot of people and countries dont take it serious, but deep down I belive its real hard work, hes a playboy dads $$$ not a hard worker.

Even in the rare cases he does something really well he still gets no recognition, it's got to bug him so i really believed he would rather be playing golf and doing his thing, perhaps if impeached he would pull a nixion, and resign and in a deal get a full trump family pardon from the VP but now that thought is a bit cloudy, trump has no problem calling a person a saint, his best buddy at 8am and turning back on them by lunch and no shortage of his people end up in trouble or even in the grey bar hotel,

Rudy might be heading there, and trump will just turn his back, so i read in this thread the vp might be getting into troubled waters, what in the world would happen if a vp is busted and a potus at the same time, a wild notion but a guy like trump might can make it happen,

Just me waxing, I believe he will win 2020 by default not because he deserves it or is a great leader or has been a great potus, but it's the trend he still has a good base, some think Biden can beat him, I would welcome some info why thats a possibility, I wonder does trump fear biden?

Again thanks all, Keep the comments coming.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd said:

He might end up finishing that wall he's been talking about for years.  :lol:

And keep his word Mexico not the US military/taxes will pay the bill...:whistle:

Edited by the13bats
  • Haha 1

I am still reeling from Trump saying the Kurds didn't help with D-Day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

You might wanna just for fun start a folder of "things trump says that makes you reel"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You might wanna just for fun start a folder of "things trump says that makes you reel"

Not that interested, but that was a notable one. I happened to see a (translated) conversation of Putin with various Arab media reps, he comes across extremely well, has a plausible answer for everything, (not saying they were honest answers !), but quite the orator really, I can understand how he has the Russians mesmerized.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

Pretty amazing comment, huh ? 

I'm surprised he didn't criticise the Kurds for not being involved in Vietnam, or Korea, or Cuba. And where - exactly - where they in the Opium Wars, and Waterloo ? 

• Haha 1

My guess is he will be impeached and it will be strictly along party lines and then when it comes to removal he will be "exonerated" in the same fashion. We will go into 2020 in utter turmoil and further chaos and division.

• Like 1

I'm going to say impeached and not removed but will toss out the caveat that the Turkey thing and the China request for dirt combined with the alleged appearance of more whistleblowers could change that calculus significantly. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Habitat said:

yea over time, just not when they matter

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Pretty amazing comment, huh ? 

I'm surprised he didn't criticise the Kurds for not being involved in Vietnam, or Korea, or Cuba. And where - exactly - where they in the Opium Wars, and Waterloo ? 

Well just remember this when the time comes: the British did not help us at Pearl Harbor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

. We will go into 2020 in utter turmoil and further chaos and division.

Ah, buck up. The Democrat Party won't be in that bad a shape. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well just remember this when the time comes: the British did not help us at Pearl Harbor.

Actually now that you mention it - did not the British go one further than the Kurds and actually fight against the Americans?

Just wait till someone tells trump that!;)

Edited by RAyMO
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh but we DID. We distracted bits of the Imperial Japanese Navy over in Malaysia. The battleships Prince of Wales and Repulse bravely took on the Japanese Navy Air Force, and bravely exploded and sank ! :P 

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

Actually now that you mention it - did not the British go one further than the Kurds and actually fight against the Americans?

Just wait till someone tells trump that!;)

Your just cranky 'cos we burned down the White House :D 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, the13bats said:

Just me waxing, I believe he will win 2020 by default not because he deserves it or is a great leader or has been a great potus, but it's the trend he still has a good base, some think Biden can beat him, I would welcome some info why thats a possibility, I wonder does trump fear biden?

Again thanks all, Keep the comments coming.

I can speak to Biden, since that was my prediction.

I predict Biden would beat Trump and Warren would lose for a few reasons.

Biden is moderate, is very favorable amongst black voters because of his Obama association, and does better with blue collar voters then Warren.

Trump won by winning the blue collar votes in swing states and winning swing voters. A lot of swing voters and blue collar voters will find Warren too extreme and will either vote or Trump or just stay home.

All the people voting for Warren will vote against Trump no matter who it is. But all the people voting for Biden will not. If the candidate is too extreme they may stay home. 

The second reason the black vote. They turned out for Obama's elections, not so much for Hillary. Biden would most likely get a higher turn out.

Last reason, Biden has that blue collar charm. Warren does not (plus she wants to do stuff like ban fracking). 

Warren can fire people up in California but it makes no difference how much of California turns out. You need black, blue collar, and swing votes. 

(Just my logic for the predictions. Could be totally wrong. Elections are often surprising.)

Edited by spartan max2