Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will trump get impeached?

the13bats

@DieChecker Take a glance at the link above RE our conversation in the Ukraine thread

The guardrails are off the Trump presidency

Retired Adm. William McRaven, who oversaw the special forces raid that killed Osama bin Laden in 2011, has just penned a New York Times op-ed titled "Our Republic Is Under Attack From the President" and is accusing Trump of devastating American's constitutional infrastructure.
"If you want to destroy an organization, any organization, you destroy it from within. You destroy it from without. Then what you do is you convince everybody you're doing the right thing," McRaven told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead" on Thursday.
McRaven accused Trump of undermining the intelligence community, law enforcement, the Department of Justice, the State Department, the press, America's Kurdish allies, its NATO friends and international treaties.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hacktorp said:

The problem isn't what you're seeing...it's what you're NOT seeing.

And the Middle East wars weren't the product of middle American conservative ideals...far from it.  The Middle East wars were started to achieve the objectives of Neocon globalists and supported by their Leftist/Marxist puppets which have completely infiltrated the Democrat party and, to a lesser degree, the Republicans as well.

They are now losing badly and will be rooted out in the coming months.

Lets just say that you and I see the situation quite differently and let it go at that.

BTW:  Rick Santorum is now predicting that Trump will lose the next election, even if he isn't impeached first.

And then there's Trump's own statement that he will openly violate the Emoluments Clause at the G-7 summit.  This will be the first time in history that a President gets impeached for something he's PLANNING to do, rather than having already done it.

Doug

• Like 2

17 hours ago, skliss said:

Id like to see evidence of conservative profits...mine must have gotten lost in the mail.

Also proof of Trump as a war-monger since he's avoided military conflict at every turn. He's more peaceable than any president I can remember.

And I'd like to see some of that big grant money I keep hearing about environmental scientists getting.  Guess we're both out of luck.

Doug

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, skliss said:

Id like to see evidence of conservative profits...mine must have gotten lost in the mail.

Also proof of Trump as a war-monger since he's avoided military conflict at every turn. He's more peaceable than any president I can remember.

He has also avoided military service at every turn.

Doug

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Yet, he'll end up on Mt. Rushmore.

How ironic is that?

You don't have to worry about TRUMP on Mt. Rushmore.  There is no more carvable granite at Mt. Rushmore.

Doug

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

Have to agree that getting out sooner or later is the right thing to do.  We should never have gone there in the first place.  But how do you do that without getting your allies killed?  I expect the news reports on that will be coming along within a week or so.  Stay tuned.

Doug

Pence seems to have worked out an agreement to turn northwestern Syria over to Turkey in exchange for allowing the Kurds to leave.  That works for everybody except the Kurds.  It's their homeland he gave away.  They'll be back with a vengeance.  And this time, we'll have nothing to say about it.

Doug

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Mia Love was on Australian TV this morning. She maintains she is true to the Republican platform; and, members of the GOP should be called out when they deviate from the Platform.

It's her opinion that the Dems are their own worst enemy. While their maybe a conflict between Trump and the GOP platform, the Republicans will never support a process from which they're excluded.

I agree that the Dems are their own worst enemy, much like tRUMP is his own worst enemy.  Dems have been doing their dirty laundry in public since forever.  And they are not just one party like the Trump Party.  They are a collage of different philosophies and opinions and so, often come into conflict.

Have you read the Republican Platform?  The words sound pretty, but between the lines, they want to break the unions, thus ensuring that workers have no rights.  They want to impose fundamentalist Christianity on all of us by denying things like gay marriage, abortion and the right to a decent life.  They want all of us to pay local taxes that pay for police, fire, water, sewer and other free services for churches.  And the list goes on....

Doug  

18 hours ago, hacktorp said:

The problem isn't what you're seeing...it's what you're NOT seeing.

And the Middle East wars weren't the product of middle American conservative ideals...far from it.  The Middle East wars were started to achieve the objectives of Neocon globalists and supported by their Leftist/Marxist puppets which have completely infiltrated the Democrat party and, to a lesser degree, the Republicans as well.

They are now losing badly and will be rooted out in the coming months.

What a line of ....!

Doug

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Doug

Most recent Presidents have not served yet have pushed us further in to war.

11 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Have you read the Republican Platform?  The words sound pretty, but between the lines, they want to break the unions, thus ensuring that workers have no rights.  They want to impose fundamentalist Christianity on all of us by denying things like gay marriage, abortion and the right to a decent life.  They want all of us to pay local taxes that pay for police, fire, water, sewer and other free services for churches.  And the list goes on....

Doug  

Do they really say all that? What is "denying the right to a decent life"?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Some of that is simply not realizing what war is.  They have these grand notions about valor and glory, but know nothing about seeing your buddy's head blown off by an artillery shell, or seeking cover in a ditch full of blood.  Or what war does to children and civilians caught in it.  I think Presidents with actual combat experience would be a little less likely to get us into wars.  Several of the most-ardent pacifists I know are ex-military people.

14 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Do they really say all that? What is "denying the right to a decent life"?

They say they want to support things like "Right to Work" laws - whose primary purpose is to end collective bargaining and worker rights.  They want to support traditional marriage - by ending all other kinds.  They are trying to make their action sound good while doing great harm.

Many conservatives want to end abortion, but don't want to pay the cost of that.  The mother needs pre- and post-natal care.  The child needs food and a decent place to live and an education, all of which conservatives want to do away with.

Like it or not, there are people out there who need welfare programs which the Conservative Caucus wants to abolish.  And those programs are part of helping "the least of these, my brethren."  How can a "Christian" spout such nice homilies and then utterly fail in their implementation?  I think it boils down to simple greed.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

All right then, keeping things in perspective, it doesn't matter what you throw out there, Trump is still the most corrupt, most lawless, most inept president in modern history. And he will continue this behaviour because his base and his enablers don't care what he does. He doesn't belong in the WH; he belongs in prison.

You know Trump is a bad ass real estate mogul because he lives rent free inside so many heads.

a57.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Some of that is simply not realizing what war is.  They have these grand notions about valor and glory, but know nothing about seeing your buddy's head blown off by an artillery shell, or seeking cover in a ditch full of blood.  Or what war does to children and civilians caught in it.  I think Presidents with actual combat experience would be a little less likely to get us into wars.  Several of the most-ardent pacifists I know are ex-military people.

I completely agree. I would much prefer a President who actually served as opposed to one who did not. To lead a country, one has to be grounded and confident. I have nothing against Obama personally, but that man is soft as baby s**t. He looks like he has one single toolbox in his garage, probably owned by his wife. Obama spent his formative years surrounded by books and lawyers, not staring his mortality in the face and having to make literal life or death decisions. At the very least, a President who served would not take American soldiers lives so lightly.

They say they want to support things like "Right to Work" laws - whose primary purpose is to end collective bargaining and worker rights.  They want to support traditional marriage - by ending all other kinds.  They are trying to make their action sound good while doing great harm.

Many conservatives want to end abortion, but don't want to pay the cost of that.  The mother needs pre- and post-natal care.  The child needs food and a decent place to live and an education, all of which conservatives want to do away with.

Like it or not, there are people out there who need welfare programs which the Conservative Caucus wants to abolish.  And those programs are part of helping "the least of these, my brethren."  How can a "Christian" spout such nice homilies and then utterly fail in their implementation?  I think it boils down to simple greed.

Doug

I feel like you might be exaggerating a little on the purpose of those policies but I haven't read in to any of them so I'll take your word. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I completely agree. I would much prefer a President who actually served as opposed to one who did not. To lead a country, one has to be grounded and confident. I have nothing against Obama personally, but that man is soft as baby s**t. He looks like he has one single toolbox in his garage, probably owned by his wife. Obama spent his formative years surrounded by books and lawyers, not staring his mortality in the face and having to make literal life or death decisions. At the very least, a President who served would not take American soldiers lives so lightly.

I feel like you might be exaggerating a little on the purpose of those policies but I haven't read in to any of them so I'll take your word. 

I am not sure the authors realized what they were saying.  By supporting religious liberty, they endorsed religious bigotry and discrimination.  They said they supported the right of conscience, but whenever there is a demonstration for a liberal cause, they send police with armored cars.  If you want to read it, look here:  https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf

Ultimately, all our rights have to be limited to keep us from impinging on the rights of others.  That's what courts and governments are for:  to keep us within our legitimate bounds.

You may not feel that govt should dictate a business owner's beliefs, and I agree.  But when that business owner says he won't provide birth control for his employees, he is imposing his religious beliefs on them.  His right to religious freedom needs to stop before it affects those who work for him.

By the same token, those who do not believe in abortion do not have to get one (Although, many do.).  But when they commandeer the law to force their beliefs on others, they overstep their bounds.  Some call it "Right to Life."  What I think they are trying to do is punish women for having sex.  The "Right-to-Lifers" don't go to anti-death penalty rallies.  They support a vast army and military appropriations so large that even the Pentagon doesn't want them all.  And they oppose life-saving universal health insurance.  That's not pro-life; that's sheer hypocrisy.

I think the 2016 Republican Platform was intended to get Republicans elected, but it forgot completely about the unintended consequences of their actions.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, skliss said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2019/5/8/18619206/under-donald-trump-drone-strikes-far-exceed-obama-s-numbers

This administration has not only surpassed the previous one’s drone strike volume overseas, it has made the drone wars even more secretive, if that’s possible.

We can cobble together some reporting on the numbers, but finding exact figures on drone strikes in the Trump administration is difficult. More on that in a minute.

According to a 2018 report in The Daily Beast, Obama launched 186 drone strikes in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan during his first two years in office. In Trump’s first two years, he launched 238.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

You know Trump is a bad ass real estate mogul because he lives rent free inside so many heads.

Unfortunately, he also lives rent-free in the WH. As for being a bad ass real estate mogul, he is, in reality, just an ass.

• Like 4

The State Department’s been fighting presidents since long before Trump

House Democrats are grilling a stream of disgruntled career diplomats in a basement hearing room of the Capitol. The hearings are supposed to be secret, but Democrats leak snippets of the testimony daily. They are hoping it will add up to a case for impeaching President Trump. So far, all the testimony actually proves is these State Department diplomats think they, not Trump, ought to be running foreign policy. Never mind impeachment. The most pressing constitutional issue is who decides the nation’s foreign policy, the president or the permanent bureaucracy.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/10/22/the-state-departments-been-fighting-presidents-since-long-before-trump/

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2019 at 7:36 AM, Doug1029 said:

Doug

Anyone with half a brain would do the same. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

They are hoping it will add up to a case for impeaching President Trump.

That happened yesterday.  There is a solid case against tRUMP's having committed not just any crime, but "high crimes and misdemeanors."  The problem isn't what's legal or illegal or whether tRUMP actually did it - he's guilty as sin - the problem is politics and Republican control of the Senate.  Even that may not be enough to save him.  At the moment, it doesn't look like he will be removed from office, but stay tuned.

Doug

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

That happened yesterday.  There is a solid case against tRUMP's having committed not just any crime, but "high crimes and misdemeanors."  The problem isn't what's legal or illegal or whether tRUMP actually did it - he's guilty as sin - the problem is politics and Republican control of the Senate.  Even that may not be enough to save him.  At the moment, it doesn't look like he will be removed from office, but stay tuned.

Doug

Yup... to heck with the trial, lets just get the rope. 

24 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The "trial" is supposed to be held in the Senate.  There tRUMP's guilt or innocence will be irrelevant - only politics will count - unfortunately.

We are not considering whether tRUMP will go to prison or be hung.  We are considering whether to fire him.  He can be fired for incompetence - which is perfectly legal.  The Senate can remove someone from office if they decide he has the wrong eye color.  "High crimes and misdemeanors" are what the Senate decides they are.

tRUMP can be guilty as sin and still remain in office.  And he will unless the Senate decides to remove him.

We are caught between the Constitution and the DOJ memo.  The memo is not law.  It is just a policy statement that Congress and the courts are not obligated to go by.  It is being challenged in court as we speak.  The challenge involves access to tRUMP's tax records, but if tRUMP loses the hearing and the appeal, it will be applied to just about everything else tRUMP has done.

Impeachment is only the beginning of his problems.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Doug

Let me start by saying I apologize for my cheap shots in the 911 thread, my issue was not with the content of your original post but in my opinion to poor timing of it. Having said that I can see that you would very much like to see Trump hogtied and dragged through the town square and deported to Canada :w00t: I think your going to have to put off your victory party until 2024 at the earliest as this show being put on by the Dems will not get past the senate imho. I also think the Dems have tried so hard to villianize the Trumpster they have energized his base and may have alienated many of their own constituents. Though I do agree it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days and weeks. Now if Tulsi "The Goddess" Gabbard gets the democratic nod in 2020 I may have to change my vote for President. ;)

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Rope?  That's what the Second Amendment is about.  We have the "Revolutionary Right" to remove him from office by force, or so say the Second Amendment types.

Of course, the govt has the right to execute those who try.  Remember Timothy McVey?  I actually met Judge Maitsch.  Back when I was a state forester I did a sick tree call at his house.  Very polite and reserved. That was before he had actually been picked as McVey's trial judge, but they were already talking about it.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Let me start by saying I apologize for my cheap shots in the 911 thread, my issue was not with the content of your original post but in my opinion to poor timing of it. Having said that I can see that you would very much like to see Trump hogtied and dragged through the town square and deported to Canada :w00t: I think your going to have to put off your victory party until 2024 at the earliest as this show being put on by the Dems will not get past the senate imho. I also think the Dems have tried so hard to villianize the Trumpster they have energized his base and may have alienated many of their own constituents. Though I do agree it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days and weeks. Now if Tulsi "The Goddess" Gabbard gets the democratic nod in 2020 I may have to change my vote for President. ;)

Apology accepted.

And we just lost our fourth war.

I doubt Canada would take him, but tar and feathers is a great idea.  An entrepreneur could make a lot of money selling tRUMP dolls, complete with nooses and Voodoo pins.  Dateline Effigy:  "President Trump was hung in Effigy.  Effigy is a small town about thirty miles...."

At the moment, it seems that tRUMP will be impeached.  But it doesn't seem like he will be removed from office.  But that could change - stay tuned.

The Dems have some advantages, and lack some disadvantages, compared to 2016.

First of these is that they will not renominate Hillary.  In an election in which almost anybody could beat tRUMP, the Dems nominated the only person who couldn't.

Second, there were a lot of Republican seats up for grabs in the House in 2018.  There aren't as many this time.  All the Dems have to do is hang on to what they have in the House.  In the Senate, there are few seats coming up in 2020, but the Dems only need two more to topple the Rubs.  There are two Rub seats coming up for election in the Senate and the Texodus seems to be spreading.  In 2022, there will be six Rub seats at risk, so in 2022 things look pretty good for the Dems.

tRUMP's failed promises are going to work against him in the farm states and rust belt.  They wanted the jobs he promised and failed to deliver.  

I doubt Tulsi is going to get nominated.  It's more likely to be Sanders.  Biden is still the leader, but he's slipping.  Warren is a strong contender.  I heard Butt-what's-his-name is gaining in the polls (shudder).  Maybe Harriis, Klobuchar and a couple others stand a chance.  The rest should start looking for a graceful way out.

I wish Hillary would just shut up and go home.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The sentiment over here this side of the globe remains the same, every politician on both sides of the aisle wants Trump to remain on the hot seat on a tight leash, Trump wants to retire early walking on a carpet of glory scattered with a legacy of self proclaimed greatest one ever but failed because no American was good enough for his vision of making America great again, and if he doesn't get what he wants, he'll pull out his Samson protocol and drag down the GOP along with the DNC with him. 

Things are looking like he's going to stew in his own stink for another term, and everyone from both party is going to make sure he's going to be scarred, disemboweled and scattered beyond recognition. The Trump name will forever be known as the greatest most grotesque of what American politics is to be for as long as there is a USA. 

For the rest of the world, the laugh fest continues, for as long as America is willing to continue playing with this sort of tactics and Americans are willing to be the principle fodder.

~

• Like 1