Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Witnesses and Corroborating Accounts

There is a lot of media attention surrounding the Pascagoula case at the moment.  The same applies to a lot of the classic well documented and witnessed cases.  This guy states how his mother witnessed the craft at the time the men got abducted.  Well worth a read:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTUspQlS8E

My mom was there in pascagoula in 1973. Had to come back and edit when I asked her about it again. She was on the east dock sitting in a pontiac grand am. She and my dad were waiting on the captain of the boat he worked on to show up coming from orange beach. He was late because there was a storm over there or something. But anyways they end up waiting like 5 hours on this dock. He worked for Graham's seafood. My dad took a nap in the car and she was sitting in the driver seat when she saw blue lights in the sky. They went towards the gulf then turned and came back and circled above the west side of the pascagoula river to the bridge. She said like hovering circling. She has been telling me for years about seeing ufos at that same time. I almost died of shock when I saw the documentary this guy was on. It was the same night my parents saw it and the same exact area. Btw she didn't get 'abducted' but I guess when these guys were she and my dad was watching and describes the same thing with lights coming down etc. So they pretty much witnessed these guys getting abducted. She would get really upset if u laughed it off as a her being "crazy,"that's when you realize what she said she saw she saw. ( she actually broke down crying when she was trying to tell me. My mom is a very sane person. Worked at the same place still for over 20 years. Im really at a lost for words about the whole thing.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Tinley Park UFO Encounters

A well known hotspot for UFO sightings in this part of Chcago.  The account from 'Bob' leaves us in no doubt as to what it was.

This page is gathering together people's accounts.  Some fascinating witness corroboration:

'Tinley Park Patch'

https://www.facebook.com/TinleyParkPatch/photos/a.195894337089884/2705012122844747/?type=3

Analysis of video Tinley Park:

Evidence suggests 3 lights are interlocked, either the same craft or 3 exactly in sync.  Pilot sees an unexplained object but refuses interview.  Aircraft seen flying close by on footage.

I have been hearing about this case for years. Yes, the corroborating evidence on this case is impressive, I'd say it is highly likely that something other worldly did happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I have been hearing about this case for years. Yes, the corroborating evidence on this case is impressive, I'd say it is highly likely that something other worldly did happen. 

I presume you mean the Tinley Park cases?  Yes the triangular object certainly was witnessed by a lot of people.  In the case of Bob's sighting though it does not appear to be the case.  I would love to hear 'Bob' discussing the sighting first hand but I can't find anything.

There are many cases of people looking direcly up and seeing something huge in close up detail.  Here is another.  The CGI is dramatic and impressive.

Although these are different sightings and most likely different craft, the very nature of the account suggests corroboration of a sort.

Lots of clickbait that i dont click, im not impressed when attention seekers pop up years later to jump on a bandwagon and yell "look at me too"

This case has a thread here have you read it? You should.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

Lots of clickbait that i dont click, im not impressed when attention seekers pop up years later to jump on a bandwagon and yell "look at me too"

This case has a thread here have you read it? You should.

New witnesses coming forward means a whole new weight of importance.

Old threads do not really do the cases justice.  You should really watch the videos as they often have the witness accounts.

You need to do some research into this topic.  Have you done any?  

• Haha 1

Stop trolling for a trigger, makes you look uniformed, seems you didnt even look up the rather long recent thread on this case right here on this forum, too bad.

If you have evidence present it stories are not evidence.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

My problem with most "corroborating accounts" is that they usually come with the statement of "multiple witness claim to have seen THE EXACT SAME THING" but when you dig into the actually accounts the stories vary in a GREAT number of ways. 

Witness statements do differ but its not just ufo reports that suffer from inconsistency. All witness reports whether they be from car accidents or a street mugging will also have discrepancies. The question becomes should a witness statement be given any weight in judging an incident or not

If there are similarities between statements how should this similarity be measured ? When is a witness statement classed as good enough? 

https://www.apa.org/monitor/apr06/eyewitness

• Like 5

So in this threads case two alleged witnesses to a supposed alien abduction decades back that the abductees aside from writing books claimed the event ruined their lives, these guys were in the paper on the radio people heard about it at the time but this threads new witnesses account doesnt pop up until decades later told hearsay by the son, it's a story not at all evidence.

49 minutes ago, the13bats said:

So in this threads case two alleged witnesses to a supposed alien abduction decades back that the abductees aside from writing books claimed the event ruined their lives, these guys were in the paper on the radio people heard about it at the time but this threads new witnesses account doesnt pop up until decades later told hearsay by the son, it's a story not at all evidence.

one book 10 years after the event and the other over 45 years after the event.....I think its clear to see the impact of the event on Calvin especially..

you are correct though, there is a good thread on this case here on UM.

interesting to note the above the mention of 'blue' lights, cant quite remember who it was but I remember reading about another witness at the time who mentioned blue lights in the location....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quillius said:

one book 10 years after the event and the other over 45 years after the event.....I think its clear to see the impact of the event on Calvin especially..

interesting to note the above the mention of 'blue' lights, cant quite remember who it was but I remember reading about another witness at the time who mentioned blue lights in the location....

Sceptics say eyewitness testimony is worthless. But if - say, a consultant to Project Bluebook like Hynek declares a UFO sighting (Michigan) to be "swamp gas" , well that identification works just fine for them :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sceptics say eyewitness testimony is worthless. But if - say, a consultant to Project Bluebook like Hynek declares a UFO sighting (Michigan) to be "swamp gas" , well that identification works just fine for them :)

It's a good job people don't listen to them.  I strongly recommend that you don't.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, quillius said:

I just thought you may be interested in the woman who also saw the craft.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

That's the virtue of social media.  It allows people to come forward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Witness statements do differ but its not just ufo reports that suffer from inconsistency. All witness reports whether they be from car accidents or a street mugging will also have discrepancies. The question becomes should a witness statement be given any weight in judging an incident or not

If there are similarities between statements how should this similarity be measured ? When is a witness statement classed as good enough? 

https://www.apa.org/monitor/apr06/eyewitness

Not surprising in any way.  It must be a highly traumatic experience, deeply disturbing and life changing.  Not to mention the potentially devastating and harmful effects of radiation and intense light from unknown sources.  Many report being burned or blinded by these lights.  Some allegedly suffer life changing or fatal injuries.  

The Father Gill case from 1959 in Papua New Guinea was a fascinating one.  Considered a reliable witness by virtue of his profession, the account of the sightings was apparently co-signed by 25 other witnesses.  I love the CGI on this one as it seems to reflect as accurately as it can do, the events as they unfolded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_SLKepkFj4&t=87s

The man himself gives the account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLcDzkQJOo&t=21s

Strangley in the same year, Mrs Moreland from Blenheim New Zealand witnesses something quite similar, also noting occupants within the craft.  Not an uncommon observation.  The same thing was noted by Barney Hill, the children in Zimbabwe and many other famous encounters.  Again the similarities are curious and worthy of note.

https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/2018/03/finding-mrs-moreland/

https://www.ufoinsight.com/the-boianai-visitants-over-papua-new-guinea/

Edited by Vaz
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2019 at 1:07 PM, Vaz said:

There is a lot of media attention surrounding the Pascagoula case at the moment.  The same applies to a lot of the classic well documented and witnessed cases.  This guy states how his mother witnessed the craft at the time the men got abducted.  Well worth a read:

Aha, "well documented" and "witnessed cases", whatever that should mean. Nevertheless I feel forced again to bring reality into these so called "alien abductions", which is nonsense in ever single "case". Because it must be assumed that the biological/bacteriological/ virological environment on other planets, those may house life forms, may contain components with the potential to cause a deadly threat to humans and to the Earth`s environment at full scale. As the status and the level of possible endangerment is not known, a maximum of precaution on Earth is required and executed, also in the vise-versa direction as well. For example, the NASA Office for Planetary Protection is taking care of these issues and is in tight collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In case of an abduction of humans by aliens, these humans are exposed to a.) alien life forms and b.) the environment the aliens are living in (space craft). Humans who were in such contact will be a high potential risk to other humans and the Earth environment. Well defined procedures, like quarantine, would take place in relation to control of epidemics for risk minimization purposes.

Until today, no person who claimed to have been abducted by aliens was ever subject to the rules and procedures of control of epidemics, means medical examination and quarantine. Zero. Based on this simple fact, it must be judged that there was no alien abduction ever and that the persons who are claiming so, do have a psychological disorder or are just telling fairy tales, deliberate or not. And again, there are other people who are making a lot of money with the believing freaks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, toast said:

Aha, "well documented" and "witnessed cases", whatever that should mean. Nevertheless I feel forced again to bring reality into these so called "alien abductions", which is nonsense in ever single "case". Because it must be assumed that the biological/bacteriological/ virological environment on other planets, those may house life forms, may contain components with the potential to cause a deadly threat to humans and to the Earth`s environment at full scale. As the status and the level of possible endangerment is not known, a maximum of precaution on Earth is required and executed, also in the vise-versa direction as well. For example, the NASA Office for Planetary Protection is taking care of these issues and is in tight collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In case of an abduction of humans by aliens, these humans are exposed to a.) alien life forms and b.) the environment the aliens are living in (space craft). Humans who were in such contact will be a high potential risk to other humans and the Earth environment. Well defined procedures, like quarantine, would take place in relation to control of epidemics for risk minimization purposes.

Until today, no person who claimed to have been abducted by aliens was ever subject to the rules and procedures of control of epidemics, means medical examination and quarantine. Zero. Based on this simple fact, it must be judged that there was no alien abduction ever and that the persons who are claiming so, do have a psychological disorder or are just telling fairy tales, deliberate or not. And again, there are other people who are making a lot of money with the believing freaks.

Far too many cases to be dismissed I'm afraid.  The classic night time abductions could possibly be the result of some sleep paralysis or related phenomena (however I personally doubt it) , but by no means all abductions are like that.  Consider the cases of Villas Boas, Travis Walton, Carl Higdon, The Pascagoula Case, The Allagash Four, The Hills, John Salter Jr............and these are only the well documented ones.  None of these were the classic 'asleep in bed type' abductions.

Then there are literally scores of others.  Less well known.  Hopefully I'll cover many of these for you.  In the meantime take a look here and get a feel for the extent of these cases over the last 70 years or so:

https://www.ufoinsight.com/category/aliens/

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Far too many cases to be dismissed I'm afraid.  The classic night time abductions could possibly be the result of some sleep paralysis or related phenomena (however I personally doubt it) , but by no means all abductions are like that.  Consider the cases of Villas Boas, Travis Walton, Carl Higdon, The Pascagoula Case, The Allagash Four, The Hills, John Salter Jr............and these are only the well documented ones.  None of these were the classic 'asleep in bed type' abductions.

Then there are literally scores of others.  Less well known.  Hopefully I'll cover many of these for you.  In the meantime take a look here and get a feel for the extent of these cases over the last 70 years or so:

Your "cases overflow" given proves that the content of my comment, which explain the reality very simple and clear, wasnt understood by you.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, toast said:

Your "cases overflow" given proves that the content of my comment, which explain the reality very simple and clear, wasnt understood by you.

Foresnic approval isn't required when so many people from all walks of life have come foreward.  That is infinitely more powerful than the stamp of modern science.

In very recent times the USAF has made some 'painful' admissions.  Not that this was needed though.

Edited by Vaz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, toast said:

Until today, no person who claimed to have been abducted by aliens was ever subject to the rules and procedures of control of epidemics, means medical examination and quarantine. Zero. Based on this simple fact, it must be judged that there was no alien abduction ever 

In the US for example there are about 38,000 people killed by guns each year and on the roads there are about another 40,000 fatalities and 4,500,000 serious injuries. Yet despite knowing these statistics no effective action has been taken to eliminate these deaths and injuries by putting in place emergency protocols.

So whatever you think about alien abductions the lack of countermeasures is probably not an indication of a need to do so. :D

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

In the US for example there are about 38,000 people killed by guns each year and on the roads there are about another 40,000 fatalities and 4,500,000 serious injuries. Yet despite knowing these statistics no effective action has been taken to eliminate these deaths and injuries by putting in place emergency protocols.

What have these issues to do with potential epidemic risks?

23 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Foresnic approval isn't required when so many people from all walks of life have come foreward.  That is infinitely more powerful than the stamp of modern science. In very recent times the USAF has made some 'painful' admissions.  Not that this was needed though.

I have no clue what your are talking about but I know it isnt some kind of smart.

• Like 3