Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Witnesses and Corroborating Accounts

The Minnesota incident has bee discussed before

What we do not have is any corroborating witnesses.

There is a patrol car and it is damaged, but the deputy could just as easily have fallen asleep at the wheel.

All there is in the case is one guy "flapping his lips"

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vaz said:

1968 in Nova Scotia, a family experience huge lights in the sky.  One of the lights heads directly for the car.  Expecting a collision, the family brace themselves only for the craft to narrowly miss them travelling in the opposite direction.

This has occurred before.  The case where Officer Val Johnson has a collision with a UFO in his sqaud car in 1979.  The car is still apparrently excatly as is was after the collision.  A fascinating case:

An event in 1968 in a place two thousand miles away from an event in 1979.

That not what I call corroboration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2019 at 3:39 AM, Golden Duck said:

An event in 1968 in a place two thousand miles away from an event in 1979.

That not what I call corroboration.

Erm UFO's flying into cars?  You miss the obvious.

Here is Dolan's recent analysis of the Turkish UFO sightings of 2007-2009.  A very well witnessed case and I'll come back over the next fews with some of the witness accounts.  Dolan and his wife deal with the silly question of hoax claims (which range from planes to cruise ships :rofl:).  Again the witnesses take the case to the bank.  This analysis is an excellent place to begin when looking at this case.

hqdefault.jpg

10 hours ago, Vaz said:

You assume the ridiculous

So far no evidence. when are you going to post the first piece of evidence?

So now we are on to the crazy of crazies, Richard Dolan.

https://badufos.blogspot.com/2015/02/a-skeptic-at-ufo-congress-2015-part-3.html

I told him that I found it impossible to believe that the U.S. government is able to make the likes of Putin or Iran's Ayatollahs do its bidding. If that were so, we would have dissuaded Putin from swallowing up several provinces in Georgia and the Ukraine (unless UFO secrecy is so much more important than that!). Dolan's vision of a global cover-up is, in my view, impossibly large and unwieldy.

So we have a wacko that tricks the mindless into thinking that there are all of these hidden treasures out there to find. These treasures are for those that have have the failed idea that they are smarter than everyone else. Amazing how it is possible to fool the loonies into thinking they are smarter than the bulk of humanity. The case is that that they are are sub-standard and only sub-standard because they CHOOSE to be weak of mind.

Dolan isn't the  only wacko exploiting the mind lazy.. There are plenty more out there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You assume the ridiculous

So far no evidence. when are you going to post the first piece of evidence?

What do you see in the close up image of the UFO that appeared in Kumburgaz Turkey?  

:whistle:

1 minute ago, Vaz said:

What do you see in the close up image of the UFO that appeared in Kumburgaz Turkey?  

The image you posted in this thread shows nothing but blur.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

The image you posted in this thread shows nothing but blur.

Running away again?  LOL  You did ask.  I supplied.

2 minutes ago, Vaz said:

Running away again?  LOL  You did ask.  I supplied.

I see. You posted nothing and hope that others are as inept as you and will fall for your wackiness.

They won't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The lack of posting evidence shows that Vaz has nothing of interest to post.

That is not a surprise.  They post claims that they fell for and when they realize they have been fooled they cannot admit how easily they have been fooled.

19 hours ago, Vaz said:

You almost discussed something on a discussion forum.

You've had two goes at it now and still given less factual content about these cases.

Still no corroboration for either alleged event.

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You almost discussed something on a discussion forum.

You've had two goes at it now and still given less factual content about these cases.

Still no corroboration for either alleged event.

You need to go back, think hard and long at what that corroboration might be.  Report back an I'll help again if you need it.

A short clip with some witnesses to the Turkey UFO.  Witnesses vouch for the original cameraman and his footage.

And here we have perhaps the clearest footage of the entire sighting showing clearly the two occupants.:

Edited by Vaz

2 hours ago, Vaz said:

You need to go back, think hard and long at what that corroboration might be.  Report back an I'll help again if you need it.

No I'm cool thanks. I use conventional definitions. I don't clutch at straws.

You're still avoiding discussion on a discussion forum.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vaz said:

Let's see. In the Valentich case the corroboration is that the pilot is lying to the control tower about where he is flying.

In other cases there is no corroboration such as the Yukon case in which there are different descriptions by different people of a KNOWN event. Most witnesses got most things wrong. That is what witnesses do - they make mistakes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vaz said:

A short clip with some witnesses to the Turkey UFO.  Witnesses vouch for the original cameraman and his footage.

And here we have perhaps the clearest footage of the entire sighting showing clearly the two occupants.:

I remember this stupid hoax supposed to be from Turkey.

This is one of the dumbest hoaxes from about a decade ago. It was shown during the nonsense of 2012.

http://www.alcione.org/FRAUDES/00TURQUIA/

image.png.48eba0a626a1cc57d9936fc62b924fbc.png

I think it is strange that people do not do simple research and verify that a story is not a well exposed hoax before posting it.

Here is the question posted earlier: ' What do you see in the close up image of the UFO that appeared in Kumburgaz Turkey?   "

What do I see?  I see someone failing to know that this hoax has been exposed and documented.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Vaz said:

A blurred image. Got anything clearer? Maybe with some distance marker for perspective? I have no idea what in the hell we're supposed to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Since the OP chooses to post videos and not written material let's show a video debunking this stupid hoax from Turkey.

Just a few comments on the extremely poor attempt at debunking attempt from youtube users.  Even a child could come to this.  But I'll let you read:
image.png.d854adc89b104807b25ca0d39f563576.png
image.png.6ed1cdc37ac1166d99292374a2b88d83.png

image.png.c3b8a6e9447ee916eca5b95c8c827294.png

image.png.87aed1279ebf6cd668f624418f8f8be3.png

image.png.2bd930713215e36aec5a2c5e063cb5c0.png

image.png.2a6b4428af7ba16069e32d98a504545a.png

image.png.04686367a3eeaaeb643f1f11a830a6db.png

image.png.e86dc0d6279ca8e4f7c3d7af23cdf12f.png

Now there are a lot more.  They key point that these people are making is that debunkers alter the original evidence.  I've seen it done dozens of times including in this actual case.  There is an animated gif that someone made showing how the UFO allegedly fits onto the top of the cruise ship,  Yet that part of the cruise ship had clearly been photo shopped!  In any case if it is the top of the cruise ship where you may ask is the rest of it?  Why doesn't it appear on the original video?

Dolan deals with the Dates and the Moon.  It's all been perfectly validated.  The camera had an English OS yet the guy was Turkish and had not set the camera.

No debunk here.

So debunkers use fakery in order to desperately find ways to debunk cases.  It happens all the time.  Who are the real hoaxers?  Answer: The debunkers themselves.  Other skeptics, who are equally desperate to support the debunk attempt then clap and walk away and never seek to assess the real footage themselves.

So the debunking video was exposed well before I analysed it.

Anything else?

Edited by Vaz

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

A blurred image. Got anything clearer? Maybe with some distance marker for perspective? I have no idea what in the hell we're supposed to see.

Zooming in at distance (I believe x 200).  Try looking again or google Turkish UFO aliens.  See what you get.  

5 hours ago, Vaz said:

Just a few comments on the extremely poor attempt at debunking attempt from youtube users.  Even a child could come to this.  But I'll let you read:
** snipped copyright violation **

Now there are a lot more.  They key point that these people are making is that debunkers alter the original evidence.  I've seen it done dozens of times including in this actual case.  There is an animated gif that someone made showing how the UFO allegedly fits onto the top of the cruise ship,  Yet that part of the cruise ship had clearly been photo shopped!  In any case if it is the top of the cruise ship where you may ask is the rest of it?  Why doesn't it appear on the original video?

Dolan deals with the Dates and the Moon.  It's all been perfectly validated.  The camera had an English OS yet the guy was Turkish and had not set the camera.

No debunk here.

So debunkers use fakery in order to desperately find ways to debunk cases.  It happens all the time.  Who are the real hoaxers?  Answer: The debunkers themselves.  Other skeptics, who are equally desperate to support the debunk attempt then clap and walk away and never seek to assess the real footage themselves.

So the debunking video was exposed well before I analysed it.

Anything else?

Had you watched anything at all in the video we would know that:

The so-called debunking was poor.

1. The Moon cycles were not properly checked. The material inspected was not the released video. OOOoops - big failure.

2. A model was employed to view various shaped as seen in the video which shows the pathetic efforts in the hoax.

3.The clear view that this is the top of a cruise ship shows us how stupid this hoax really is. The GIP shows us how the video shows a cruise ship.

4. The fact that the same image with the same lighting appears across different years shows that this is a hoax.

5. So here is the worst excuse: The person had not properly set the camera but did mange to allow the Moon to be properly calculated? These notions conflict with each other.

There is plenty more to show that this is a hoax.

What is funny is that people can't handle that they have repeatedly posted hoaxes in this thread. They posted the Cash-Landrum hoax, this hoax, the failed Valentich hoax, the failed Nova Scotia non-event and its fakery.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Vaz said:

Zooming in at distance (I believe x 200).  Try looking again or google Turkish UFO aliens.  See what you get.  

As someone who has spent a lot of time looking into that, I get a complete and utter hoax.  You really need to be a bit less credulous and do a lot more research.

Frinstance, Googling will find you this, right here:

Follow the first two links, and I can supply a bucketload more.  Yalcin Yalman just wanted his hands on some promotional money from UFO Hall-of-Shamer Jaime Maussan.  Jaime is the kiss of death for ufology - everything he touches is bull****.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vaz said:

you have absolutely no idea if this footage is of an unidentified distant object that is really there or a small model at the end of the garden....

Someone tells you it's all weird & wonderful & you believe it.

Give me one good reason to believe this is genuine- though no doubt you'll probably say: 'I never said I think it's genuine' ya know- the usual believer get-out :sleepy:

say something interesting

• Like 1