Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help? Tarot/ Night Terrors/ Soulmate

Cancer1326

Hi Everyone! I need  some help and hopefully someone can offer sound advice on the matter. 

About five years ago I was heading to New Orleans for my birthday. I went against my better judgment while I was there and had a tarot card reading. The reading was very odd to say the least. The woman gave me a reading that did not make a lot of sense but ended up being very accurate. To make a long story short she said my soulmate would have the initals J.B. 

Fast forward a couple months and we are back home. Both my mom and I had an eerie feeling as if something came back with us. I ended up pregnant and it was a terrible situation much like the woman described. I went to my friend's home and met with her pastor. When they began praying for me I vomited in her living room (not hysterically like poltergeist movie) but it happened. I felt better after leaving her home. That night I went to talk to my child's father about things to come. While we sat in his truck a large snake begins swimming up the river in front of us, slithers onto the bank and onto a rock directly next to my door. The snake stayed their until we finished talking and then slithered back down the boat ramp and into the water. That night I have a dream that I am standing in my child's fathers kitchen and the psychic from New Orleans is at the table. She looks up says "Don't think you can get away from this that easily" she turns in to a black demonic figure and rushes into my face and I fall back. I wake from my dream to discover I was having a nosebleed during my nightmare. Me and my child's father did not stay together.

I went to church and my baby was prayed for plenty both inside and outside of my womb. She was perfect. Many people have approached my mom and I about her saying that she "looks as though she knows something or is looking straight through me." I have even had one woman walk up to my mom in a car shop and tell her that my child had "been here before." Needless to say, it's been an unusual experience. , 

So about a week ago I have a dream that I am walking into a dark bar type of place and I'm waiting on someone (I think it was a barber). I am approached by this woman who asks if she can read my palm while I wait. I hesitantly agree and give her my hand and she begins to read. She looks up and I believe she is saying "my J.B. is coming". I ask fervently When? When? When? All she can say is "my J.B. is coming" like a recording. I look to the doorway and there is a shadow figure approaching, the woman turns and starts screaming. I start trying to say the name Jesus but I can't. I can't make a sound as it rushes up to us. I wake up terrified and I can't move. My eyes are open but I can't speak or move. My brain keeps telling my body move! Move! Finally, I get my fingers and then my hand and then my arm and finally I can scream and gasp for air. 

Three days after my dream I open my bumble app and there is my former instructor who has the initials J.B.... My heart stopped. 

Let me explain the brief history.... My first day on campus I was lost in my maze of a building and he asked who I was looking for and pointed out the way. My second day on campus I enter my classroom to find out JB is my instructor. The whole semester I crush on this man, but he has a girlfriend so I put the idea out of my head...sort of. 

So naturally I swipe right. I thought to myself what is the harm? He is your former college instructor not your current one.  There was not much talk instead we set a date to meet. I was very nervous because I felt like this could go very wrong if he did not remember me. 

So we meet up at a brewery that neither of us had been before. As soon as I approach he recognizes me and says he can't do this. Nothing against me it's just that him having been my instructor he is seen as an authority figure even if it was a previous semester, he could still lose his job. I was like okay. Then he said, I'll still a have a drink with you. So we have a drink and start talking, he is still very panicked but I can tell he is attracted to me...  he also knew my last name so I think he had to have known a little. When he finds out I am in the same department as he  begins to freak out a more. Next we are approached by a large group of people from the University in a different department. This sent him over the edge, he said please don't tell anyone and he left.  I was completely mortified. Probably the most embarrassing situation of my existence. When I open my app I realize I have been deleted. 

The next day I promised my friend that I would show up to an exhibit for a club he was in. While I am standing there I feel the oddest sensation come over me and I turn around to see JB is there. We both ignore each other or catch a glimpse and pretend not to notice. It was the second most awkward moment of my life. 

So here I am. I don't know what to do. Was this my soul mate? If it is then what is going on here? I would love to know answers, but I am way to afraid to go to another psychic/ tarot reading because of what might be unleashed. Can anyone offer any insight? Thank you!

Edited by Cancer1326

Personally, I find the notion of a soul mate silly. Any relationship takes work, commitment, and some pairs work better than other in doing that successfully. Others are just too immature or selfish to manage it well. If you pursue this JB to the loss of his job, then you'd fall into the selfish category. That is not "love". Forget about it.

You are a very superstitious person with an extremely high creative ability. Perhaps those qualities work together to heighten each other. This is great if you turn to art to express it more, you might have a real gift there. 

However, the paranoia, the confusing of sleep paralysis, the dreams of some casual reader in Jackson Square you may have paid 5 bucks for the reading is concerning. I suspect you were raised with a Christian background and under it all see readings and readers as being bad things, to be manifesting so much guilt and stress over it in your dreams. That reader in NOLA isn't haunting you, you are haunting yourself. Your conscience is trying to tell you what is bothering it.

It goes bad you run to a Pastor. It goes ok and you run back to a reader. Do you see how messed up that is for you? Pick a path, a side, and seek out consistency for a change. Stay out of bars more, and away from slack men and socialize in better places, and things will settle into your true normal and a better place for you. You know this.

There is no answer out here, you already know the answer. If you want a better life, if you want change, then change YOU and what you are doing.

Of course, maybe you want to just ignore me, too, if just readers freaked you out so bad. I spent over 20 years as an active Vodou Priest, so no reader here. Just telling you the truth. Go back to school, make a better future for yourself by becoming a better, more stable and solid person. Being that attracts similar sorts and better men in the end. Work on becoming the woman a man like that would want if that is your goal and you don't know what to do.

The love of God is not a bad thing, either. 

JMO.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cancer1326 said:

Hi Everyone! I need  some help and hopefully someone can offer sound advice on the matter. 

About five years ago I was heading to New Orleans for my birthday. I went against my better judgment while I was there and had a tarot card reading. The reading was very odd to say the least. The woman gave me a reading that did not make a lot of sense but ended up being very accurate. To make a long story short she said my soulmate would have the initals J.B. 

Fast forward a couple months and we are back home. Both my mom and I had an eerie feeling as if something came back with us. I ended up pregnant and it was a terrible situation much like the woman described. I went to my friend's home and met with her pastor. When they began praying for me I vomited in her living room (not hysterically like poltergeist movie) but it happened. I felt better after leaving her home. That night I went to talk to my child's father about things to come. While we sat in his truck a large snake begins swimming up the river in front of us, slithers onto the bank and onto a rock directly next to my door. The snake stayed their until we finished talking and then slithered back down the boat ramp and into the water. That night I have a dream that I am standing in my child's fathers kitchen and the psychic from New Orleans is at the table. She looks up says "Don't think you can get away from this that easily" she turns in to a black demonic figure and rushes into my face and I fall back. I wake from my dream to discover I was having a nosebleed during my nightmare. Me and my child's father did not stay together.

I went to church and my baby was prayed for plenty both inside and outside of my womb. She was perfect. Many people have approached my mom and I about her saying that she "looks as though she knows something or is looking straight through me." I have even had one woman walk up to my mom in a car shop and tell her that my child had "been here before." Needless to say, it's been an unusual experience. , 

So about a week ago I have a dream that I am walking into a dark bar type of place and I'm waiting on someone (I think it was a barber). I am approached by this woman who asks if she can read my palm while I wait. I hesitantly agree and give her my hand and she begins to read. She looks up and I believe she is saying "my J.B. is coming". I ask fervently When? When? When? All she can say is "my J.B. is coming" like a recording. I look to the doorway and there is a shadow figure approaching, the woman turns and starts screaming. I start trying to say the name Jesus but I can't. I can't make a sound as it rushes up to us. I wake up terrified and I can't move. My eyes are open but I can't speak or move. My brain keeps telling my body move! Move! Finally, I get my fingers and then my hand and then my arm and finally I can scream and gasp for air. 

Three days after my dream I open my bumble app and there is my former instructor who has the initials J.B.... My heart stopped. 

Let me explain the brief history.... My first day on campus I was lost in my maze of a building and he asked who I was looking for and pointed out the way. My second day on campus I enter my classroom to find out JB is my instructor. The whole semester I crush on this man, but he has a girlfriend so I put the idea out of my head...sort of. 

So naturally I swipe right. I thought to myself what is the harm? He is your former college instructor not your current one.  There was not much talk instead we set a date to meet. I was very nervous because I felt like this could go very wrong if he did not remember me. 

So we meet up at a brewery that neither of us had been before. As soon as I approach he recognizes me and says he can't do this. Nothing against me it's just that him having been my instructor he is seen as an authority figure even if it was a previous semester, he could still lose his job. I was like okay. Then he said, I'll still a have a drink with you. So we have a drink and start talking, he is still very panicked but I can tell he is attracted to me...  he also knew my last name so I think he had to have known a little. When he finds out I am in the same department as he  begins to freak out a more. Next we are approached by a large group of people from the University in a different department. This sent him over the edge, he said please don't tell anyone and he left.  I was completely mortified. Probably the most embarrassing situation of my existence. When I open my app I realize I have been deleted. 

The next day I promised my friend that I would show up to an exhibit for a club he was in. While I am standing there I feel the oddest sensation come over me and I turn around to see JB is there. We both ignore each other or catch a glimpse and pretend not to notice. It was the second most awkward moment of my life. 

So here I am. I don't know what to do. Was this my soul mate? If it is then what is going on here? I would love to know answers, but I am way to afraid to go to another psychic/ tarot reading because of what might be unleashed. Can anyone offer any insight? Thank you!

None of this has anything to do with the tarot reading.  You don't need a tarot reading, though it won't hurt if you get one, just keep in mind nothing is written in stone and the tarot or any psychic can only give you impressions that you have to interpret yourself.

My opinion is that you ignore J.B.  Forget what the tarot reader told you and get your schooling done.  If, after that, you run in to J.B. and he can relax around you maybe you will be able to get to know him.  But for now, leave him alone, find ways to keep your mind busy and live your life, take care of your child and get your degree and then get a good job.  Gettin side tracked now will just lead you to more stress.

6 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Personally, I find the notion of a soul mate silly.

I agree with this.

I think we have lots of 'soul mates' that we are connected to soul-to-soul. Some we meet, and some we don't, but there isn't just one.  If you find one, you may be lucky.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cancer1326 said:

a large snake begins swimming up the river in front of us,

Weird behaviour with snakes being attracted to you is a very bad sign imo.I had a friend who was being harassed by snakes, everytime we went camping out bush and eventually bitten.When she attended hospital to address the bite they found she had terminal cancer.I believe the reptiles had picked up on this and were trying to finish her off, or were an omen of doom.

• Thanks 1

merciful God, @openozy ! One snake is not harassment I pray :(  

Sometimes, one snake is just... one snake. In breeding season, to park at night by a waterway here, it would be odd to not see at least one swimming out there. The creek along the back of my property here always has one or two hanging out. Moccasins, a few rattler/moc hybrids, that sort. You wear snake boots and pack snake shot out back or you stay out of "out back". It is nice in deer season as nobody poaches back there :D 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

merciful God, @openozy ! One snake is not harassment I pray :(  

Sometimes, one snake is just... one snake. In breeding season, to park at night by a waterway here, it would be odd to not see at least one swimming out there. The creek along the back of my property here always has one or two hanging out. Moccasins, a few rattler/moc hybrids, that sort. You wear snake boots and pack snake shot out back or you stay out of "out back". It is nice in deer season as nobody poaches back there :D 

True,and they are almost a daily visitor to my house yard :w00t:,that story about my friend is genuine though.I personally hate snakes,there is an evil presence about them and they  killed all but one of my hunting terriers last Summer.They are native animals and I used to usher them away,now I use a .410.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, openozy said:

True,and they are almost a daily visitor to my house yard :w00t:,that story about my friend is genuine though.I personally hate snakes,there is an evil presence about them and they  killed all but one of my hunting terriers last Summer.They are native animals and I used to usher them away,now I use a .410.

Yeah, if they come out I consider them to be volunteering to be shot.

Anymore, they are most commonly seen smashed on the highway from being run over, which is how I enjoy them the best.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

On 10/13/2019 at 7:22 AM, Cancer1326 said:

You could ask God to guide you, dont take this wrong but you'll put faith in a deck of cards but not the Lord. (I've had readings, done readings, been there done that learned things the hard way but much happier and content on this side. And things in my life, even if at times are extra supernatural, make more sense now than they did back in those days that I played cards.

You went to a card reader to seek answers.

And now you're seeking answers from us based on questions that you now have based on the answers you got.

You're too hungry to know the future and you're not spending enough time in this present, given moment. Your focus is on gaining peace of mind for the present moment by knowing or having a sense of what is going to happen in your future.

Card readers come in all shapes and sizes, and it's rare to find one who even knows what they're doing. Any random stranger who believes in their own 'psychic' can pick up a cheap deck, kit themselves out in bohemian clothing, set up a table and tell you they have the ability to give you a reading. It's not that simple. And the answers are not always reliable. And most importantly, the answers are not essential.

I'd love to know if I'm ever going to be a mum, and the only card reading I've had done suggested that I'll have two. It used to give me a glimmer of hope - and I had a feeling for years that something incredible was going to happen to me when I was 27. It didn't. No babies, no nothing. The best thing that happened was that I left a DV relationship. Not exactly the thing that I was holding out for.

I realised pretty quickly after spending a few years doing my own readings for people that my intuition was a lot more reliable than any readings. The words that come to me when I'm just openly responding to someone seem inspired and unexplainable. Often, it just looks, sounds and feels like advice but people seem to really resonate with whatever I've said to them. It doesn't come to me for just anybody - and I imagine it's the same for card readers. They believe that they can read into anyone's lives and give them the answers they so desire, but it's not quite that simple.

You're also mixing beliefs like Rockstar pointed out - you turn to religion but you're still dabbling in 'the occult'. At no point does the Bible ever condone fortune tellers, palm readers and other psychic practices.

Regardless, you just need to be patient and allow it to be. Every experience in life will give you the opportunity to learn something, be it good or bad. Usually we don't learn a lot from the good - we just enjoy it and try to replicate the circumstances that got us there. It doesn't work in every situation. And when bad things happen, often we assume the identity of the 'victim' and allow it to change and shape us.

It's important to just go with the flow. Work on who you are, not where you're going. The type of person you are is going to bring about the experiences you need - the ones that will encourage you to keep going down that path and the ones that will encourage you to change and grow and learn.

Spend time learning about yourself, your self-worth and what you want to achieve with the life you've been given. Spend time with your child. Spend time travelling, making memories and experiencing new things as well as the things you know and love. Spend time with your friends and family.

Stop worrying about tomorrow. Enjoy today because it's all that really matters. Yesterday is just a figment of your imagination, as is the future. You can't predict what other people are going to do and the more that you focus on what might happen rather than what IS happening, you're losing precious Now moments. You're spending your precious energy and emotions on something that hasn't even happened yet. You're losing sight of the things you can do today to better tomorrow.

You'll find no peace of mind in knowing the future, even if your reader is incredibly gifted and 100% right. It'll just ruin the moment when it comes. There's beauty and excitement in surprises and the unknown. Had I known that my current partner was a year away from leaving my DV relationship, I would have done nothing but focus on finding him quicker. I would have shaped my entire life around preparing myself for him and not experienced the things I needed to learn before I met him. The best learning comes from trying and making mistakes. Mistakes illuminate what we didn't get right and what we don't want to repeat again. Pain is that indicator. It serves a purpose when we stop seeing it as something to be avoided and instead use it as a guiding post in life.

Stop looking at the past, it'll only cause depression and regret. Stop looking towards the future, it will only cause anxiety and ungratefulness. Do what you can in every Now moment to attract the future you desire - and don't forget to enjoy what you've got right in front of you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2019 at 12:04 AM, openozy said:

Perhaps they're protecting the animals!

• Like 1