Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creating Our Own Reality

RoseDancer

Just now, Piney said:

So stop doing it. :yes:

What, trying to stop the antagonism on both sides? Working together towards a better understanding?:no: 

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You're comparing apples to oranges. You cant compare physics to spirituality.

Incorrect. it was papageorge that asserted that "soul bodies" are composed of ":super-physical materials" and that there are higher planes of existence, and realms that cannot be seen except by extra special people. These phenomena, if they exist, should be detectable by some means.

And perhaps my ability to fly is because I am spiritually pure at heart, and my talent is a gift from the goddess Athena.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

What, trying to stop the antagonism on both sides? Working together towards a better understanding?:no: 

Why is asking for evidence for someone's claims "antagonism"?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I stopped wasting my time decades ago. Your either wired spiritual (god gene), or your not. On the same token, nobody really knows and the clueless numbskulls who want to attach a lot of woocrap to it deserve to get hammered. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

And perhaps my ability to fly is because I am spiritually pure at heart, and my talent is a gift from the goddess Athena.

Who are you suppose to be? Starbuck for Fracks Sake? 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Why is asking for evidence for someone's claims "antagonism"?

It's always the end result to these threads. Flogging the same horse over and over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Who are you suppose to be? Starbuck for Fracks Sake? 

Get me a Viper and I'll show you. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

And what does that mean ? That you have already made up your mind ?

No, that we are not claiming anything! 

4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

It's always the end result to these threads. Flogging the same horse over and over.

The reason it is the end is because they have no  proof and as I mentioned, they start getting all  defensive. 

All we ask is "show us the proof" . Simple as that.

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

All we ask is "show us the proof" . Simple as that

Yes, if they claim it is fact. So far, they haven't. Theres nothing wrong with a group of people spit balling over a controversial topic. I think does not equate to having to show proof.

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Perfect example of materialist thinking.

In non-dualism; Consciousness is FUNDAMENTAL meaning it is not created. Consciousness exists as the ground of all reality. 'Matter' can be likened to just the props in this play/drama of the universe. What is Matter? Consciousness at creative play.

Perhaps you have a different definition of fundamental.  Matter can disable or inhibit consciousness but consciousness can't do the same to matter.

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Soul bodies have actual super-physical material components.

What are the properties of this material?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Yes, if they claim it is fact. So far, they haven't. Theres nothing wrong with a group of people spit balling over a controversial topic. I think does not equate to having to show proof.

The problem is what is now being discussed has little to do with the threads topic. 

15 hours ago, joc said:

No....that is  D E S T R O Y I N G  matter...

Aren't we taught that matter cannot be created or destroyed ...but only transformed?   

Oooops , sorry joc,  it's energy that applies to?     Then again, aren't they interchangeable ?

i just noticed your post about the laboratory  created  atom.     (matter)

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, joc said:

Q.    Flowers have no 'brain'...how can they 'interact' with the sun if they have no consciousness?

A.     They turn their little heads toward the sun.  

Yes,  sometimes  they interact,  by turning thier little heads to the sun

Does the brain tell the white blood cells to attack and kill bacteria...or are they consciously aware of the bacteria and know they must kill it? 

.....Neither?  I'm not sure the brain tells them to do what they do?  And, no, I wouldn't say they are "consciously" aware ...but, somehow they do react.  It's part of what they do?

None of the answers to any of those questions are really important.  Because they all revolve around the physical aspects, the material aspects of life.      

?

Edited by lightly

36 minutes ago, lightly said:

Aren't we taught that matter cannot be created or destroyed ...but only transformed?   

Yup, the atoms are still there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Perhaps you have a different definition of fundamental.  Matter can disable or inhibit consciousness but consciousness can't do the same to matter.

I think we probably have similar definitions of fundamental. In the view I am espousing physical matter can only disable the physical expression of consciousness. Consciousness itself is fundamental meaning it is uncreated and eternal.

5 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

What are the properties of this material?

It is subtle and  extra-dimensional and at vibratory rates orders of magnitude beyond physical matter meaning it is not directly detectable by the physical senses and instruments.

15 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Oh blooming heck ! Not her again.

Here you go PapaG, have a butchers at this. 

Please read the article, she was proven to be a fraud, they even describe how she was doing the frauds.

We have been here before. Not going through this rubbish again about a proven fraud who created a society for the gullible

The fact that you refer to the Theosophical Society as 'her' tells me you know 1% of 1% of 1% as much as I do about the Society and its literature. So don't even.....

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

@sci-nerd we need that big brain of yours.

Been done already. Multiple times.

Just now, XenoFish said:

And you still dont know what a dimension is...

Does anybody? And that includes your friend.