Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creating Our Own Reality

RoseDancer

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

And I contend the evidence is strong but not worth rehashing with a known negativist.

Because you have no evidence. You only have belief, which is not evidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No, in Advaita Vedanta thought that I am espousing, Brahman is pure consciousness best described as being-awareness-bliss (sat-cit-Ananda). All matter physical and subtle are part of Maya (illusion). Brahman alone does not contain subtle matter.

I think I agree with much of what is said in this part.

Advaita is not complete truth; they deliberately separated spirit and matter (Purusha from Prakriti) and made the latter unconscious and dependent on the conscious Spirit.

They needed this separation for practice in order to separate the higher self from the material consciousness and body.
Logically, if everything comes from Brahman, then matter also comes from it and is not formed by another Absolute or lies separately from the consciousness where it comes from and then introduced into the universe.

Here is the concept of matter:

https://incarnateword.in/dict/mppandit/matter

Matter is just an unconscious form of an object, but it can become conscious.

If you want to understand the truth, you need to step over Advaita and move on.

He arrived at the knowledge that Matter is Brahman. Taittiriya Upanishad  

Read Chapter XXIV and XXV

https://www.sriaurobindoashram.org/sriaurobindo/downloadpdf.php?id=36

Maya is not an illusion of Brahman; it is a creative force in space; this was the original concept of maya:

Maya in its original sense meant an all-encompassing creative consciousness, capable of shaping, that is, manifestation at the level of limitations and relativity. Maya outlines, defines and creates forms from the formless, makes the Unknowable cognizable and accessible to psychological research, gives the measurable nature of the infinite. Then the word Maya began to be used not in its original sense of knowledge, skill and understanding, but in a derived meaning cunning, deceit, illusion. It is in this second meaning of illusion, magic, that the term Maya is used by philosophical systems.

Spoiler

Kosas (sheaths of consciousness)

In parallel, a man is said to live in five sheaths of consciousness. These also called the panca kosas. The outermost is Annamaya Purusha, the physical man living in Annamaya kosa. Within it, sustaining it and sustained by it is Pranamaya Purusha, the vital man. Within it is Manomaya Purusha, the mental man or man living as a pure mind-being. Within it is Vijnanamaya Purusha, the man living in the world of pure idea. Within it is Anandamaya Purusha, the blissful-being. Within these five sheaths or kosas is said to live the eternal being, the Primal Purusha. By training himself to looking inwards and transcending the outer sheaths of consciousness one can realize the eternal being.

Bhrigu valli of the Taittireeya Upanishad expounds the five kosas. Bhrigu seeks the knowledge of Brahman from his teacher and father Varuna. Varuna asks Bhrigu to know the Brahman through penance. Bhrigu knows Anna to be Brahman and comes back. He is again sent to know Brahman through penance. Bhrigu goes repeatedly to know Brahman through penance and he successively discovers anna, prana, manas, vijnana and ananda to be Brahman respectively. That is, he discovers all these sheaths. Finally he realizes that ananda (Bliss) is Brahman. In this sheath (anandamaya kosa) lies the sat-chit-ananda (Brahman).

http://www.hindupedia.com/en/Consciousness_Studies

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't care about tesla. What the hell is 'qute'? 

Yeah, that would be cute.

Sometimes some things tend to get lost in translation. Look, you disregarding Tesla's input is your choice, but it certainly isnt a rational one.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Yeah, that would be cute.

Sometimes some things tend to get lost in translation. Look, you disregarding Tesla's input is your choice, but it certainly isnt a rational one.

I disregard using science to validate mysticism.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coil said:

Advaita is not complete truth; they deliberately separated spirit and matter (Purusha from Prakriti) and made the latter unconscious and dependent on the conscious Spirit.

They needed this separation for practice in order to separate the higher self from the material consciousness and body.
Logically, if everything comes from Brahman, then matter also comes from it and is not formed by another Absolute or lies separately from the consciousness where it comes from and then introduced into the universe.

Here is the concept of matter:

https://incarnateword.in/dict/mppandit/matter

Matter is just an unconscious form of an object, but it can become conscious.

If you want to understand the truth, you need to step over Advaita and move on.

He arrived at the knowledge that Matter is Brahman. Taittiriya Upanishad  

Read Chapter XXIV and XXV

https://www.sriaurobindoashram.org/sriaurobindo/downloadpdf.php?id=36

Maya is not an illusion of Brahman; it is a creative force in space; this was the original concept of maya:

Maya in its original sense meant an all-encompassing creative consciousness, capable of shaping, that is, manifestation at the level of limitations and relativity. Maya outlines, defines and creates forms from the formless, makes the Unknowable cognizable and accessible to psychological research, gives the measurable nature of the infinite. Then the word Maya began to be used not in its original sense of knowledge, skill and understanding, but in a derived meaning cunning, deceit, illusion. It is in this second meaning of illusion, magic, that the term Maya is used by philosophical systems.

Reveal hidden contents

Kosas (sheaths of consciousness)

In parallel, a man is said to live in five sheaths of consciousness. These also called the panca kosas. The outermost is Annamaya Purusha, the physical man living in Annamaya kosa. Within it, sustaining it and sustained by it is Pranamaya Purusha, the vital man. Within it is Manomaya Purusha, the mental man or man living as a pure mind-being. Within it is Vijnanamaya Purusha, the man living in the world of pure idea. Within it is Anandamaya Purusha, the blissful-being. Within these five sheaths or kosas is said to live the eternal being, the Primal Purusha. By training himself to looking inwards and transcending the outer sheaths of consciousness one can realize the eternal being.

Bhrigu valli of the Taittireeya Upanishad expounds the five kosas. Bhrigu seeks the knowledge of Brahman from his teacher and father Varuna. Varuna asks Bhrigu to know the Brahman through penance. Bhrigu knows Anna to be Brahman and comes back. He is again sent to know Brahman through penance. Bhrigu goes repeatedly to know Brahman through penance and he successively discovers anna, prana, manas, vijnana and ananda to be Brahman respectively. That is, he discovers all these sheaths. Finally he realizes that ananda (Bliss) is Brahman. In this sheath (anandamaya kosa) lies the sat-chit-ananda (Brahman).

http://www.hindupedia.com/en/Consciousness_Studies

Maya is likened to a play/drama of Brahman allowing the infinite to experience finiteness.

But all in all and in the end I see us saying pretty much the same things.

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am asserting that after brain death, consciousness can still be experienced at even a richer level through the astral body on the astral plane.

I suppose it is too much to ask for verification, evidence, or proof that this is so?

Definition of assert

transitive verb

1a : to state or declare positively and often forcefully or aggressively 
b : to compel or demand acceptance or recognition of (something, such as one's authority)  
2a : to demonstrate the existence of   

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Double posting. Sorry :)
Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Piney said:

Yup, the atoms are still there. 

What I was talking about was nuclear explosions...we split an atom...the atom is no longer there...the energy inside the atom is released...the atomic structure of the Uranium or Plutonium or Hydrogen is destroyed...transformed into energy.  We can destroy matter...those atoms involved in fission are no longer in existence.  Am I wrong about that?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am asserting that after brain death, consciousness can still be experienced at even a richer level through the astral body on the astral plane.

If they're unconscious what are they experiencing?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Allright, so you suppose Tesla is 'a quantum mysticist'.

Thats cute.

You Tesla fanboy's are funny.

Tesla rejected both quantum physics and relativity, pushed his own aether theory.  Two of these have been confirmed and it's not Tesla's aether.

11 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

What was Tesla's input to QM?  He rejected the existence of sub-atomic particles such as the electron.  What ever point you're trying to make isn't rational either.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, joc said:

What I was talking about was nuclear explosions...we split an atom...the atom is no longer there...the energy inside the atom is released...the atomic structure of the Uranium or Plutonium or Hydrogen is destroyed...transformed into energy.  We can destroy matter...those atoms involved in fission are no longer in existence.  Am I wrong about that?

I think it still comes down to subatomic particles. 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2019 at 12:20 AM, XenoFish said:

To Rose. If you want to change your reality, change what you think, what you belief. Do this through repetition and actions. Develop a mindset around it. Really cultivate the idea till it becomes a part of you. If you wish to go with positive thinking be sure to back it up with positive/constructive actions. 

Been there done that bought the tee-shirt. All done. :su

2 minutes ago, RoseDancer said:

Been there done that bought the tee-shirt. All done. :su

Good. Which means I don't need to discuss this any further. Moving on.:tu:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, XenoFish said:

@sci-nerd we need that big brain of yours.

@papageorge1 doesn't care about facts. He's decided that higher dimensions are places with higher beings, and nothing's gonna change his mind.
He only uses the parts of science that fits his world view, and ignores the rest. Ignorance is a bliss. I say let him stay happily ignorant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

@papageorge1 doesn't care about facts. He's decided that higher dimensions are places with higher beings, and nothing's gonna change his mind.
He only uses the parts of science that fits his world view, and ignores the rest. Ignorance is a bliss. I say let him stay happily ignorant.

In a way I agree. But it is also a disservice to the reader. Perhaps ignorance is a memetic virus. Misinformation spreads like the common cold. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

In a way I agree. But it is also a disservice to the reader. Perhaps ignorance is a memetic virus. Misinformation spreads like the common cold. 

I concur.

I guess the best way to deal with it, is to make a single counter statement, like "you're wrong, these are the fact", and then leave it at that. Then you give the reader a choice, without wearing yourself down.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I concur.

I guess the best way to deal with it, is to make a single counter statement, like "you're wrong, these are the fact", and then leave it at that. Then you give the reader a choice, without wearing yourself down.

Exactly. :tu:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

If they're unconscious what are they experiencing?

I guess I don't understand your point. I never maintained that astral entities (like humans after physical brain death) are unconscious. The astral form can have an even richer conscious experience through a less dense body. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

@papageorge1 doesn't care about facts.

I happen to know for a fact that he DOES care about facts.

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

He's decided that higher dimensions are places with higher beings, and nothing's gonna change his mind.

It might perhaps be that he's heard enough information that seems factually and intellectually superior to the  things he's hearing from sci-nerd. And papa's current beliefs seem to have considerable corroboration through his study of psychic and paranormal phenomena also. Something 'real' seems certainly to be going on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

It might perhaps be that he's heard enough information that seems factually and intellectually superior to the  things he's hearing from sci-nerd. And papa's current beliefs seem to have considerable corroboration through his study of psychic and paranormal phenomena also. Something 'real' seems certainly to be going on.

Seems. That is the keyword. Seems doesn't mean is. Seems doesn't mean fact, seems is an opinion. Why don't you treat it that way instead of treating/presenting it as fact? 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Seems. That is the keyword. Seems doesn't mean is. Seems doesn't mean fact, seems is an opinion. Why don't you treat it that way instead of treating/presenting it as fact? 

'Seems' means 'strongly suggesting a position by the evidence' in this sense. 'Reason' is the sharpest tool in the shed.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

'Seems' means 'strongly suggesting a position by the evidence' in this sense. 'Reason' is the sharpest tool in the shed.

Seems. Definitions. Learn them. Use them. Save us all some time. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Real facts are based on repeatable evidence. None of yours are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I guess I don't understand your point. I never maintained that astral entities (like humans after physical brain death) are unconscious. The astral form can have an even richer conscious experience through a less dense body. 

Effectively you're denying a biological and medical fact that people can be rendered unconscious.