Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creating Our Own Reality

RoseDancer

5 minutes ago, joc said:

Since your 'analysis' is based on...can be nothing but based on...anecdote....and since we know that people lie...and since we also know that even if people are telling the truth, memory is not really accurate to the degree it would need to be...

...have you ever thought maybe your analysis is in err?

By now I consider major error in that particular analysis to be very unlikely. Too much of an avalanche of consistent data.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

By now I consider major error in that particular analysis to be very unlikely. Too much of an avalanche of consistent data.

You mean...an avalanche of consistent anecdote.

8 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Can people be rendered unconscious?  It's either yes or no.

Yes. Everyone knows the physical body can be rendered unconscious, don't they?

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes. Everyone knows the physical body can be rendered unconscious, don't they?

The mind.  So you acknowledge that your consciousness can be disabled?  How does that make it fundamental?

1 minute ago, joc said:

You mean...an avalanche of consistent anecdote.

Wordplay that is not my concern here. Anecdotal Evidence can be called data.

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

The mind.  So you acknowledge that your consciousness can be disabled?  How does that make it fundamental?

Because it is eternal and uncreated and  resides still in the higher vehicles (astral/causal/soul etc.) when the physical body is knocked out. 

My point is that you have nothing more substantive than Anecdotal eveidence to bolster your belief...and yet you believe.  I just find it a very interesting thought process you have going on there.

Just now, joc said:

My point is that you have nothing more substantive than Anecdotal eveidence to bolster your belief...and yet you believe.  I just find it a very interesting thought process you have going on there.

A body of anecdotal evidence analyzed for quantity, quality and consistency can affect my understanding of reality.

Because it is eternal and uncreated and  resides still in the higher vehicles (astral/causal/soul etc.) when the physical body is knocked out. 

How do you know this to be true?  oh wait, never mind, you have already answered that...anecdotal evidence...got it.   

1 minute ago, joc said:

Never doubt the papameter!!!!!

Its 12% accurate  88% insane!

I like Papas chances!:ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Anecdotal 'evidence' isn't evidence. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Anecdotal 'evidence' isn't evidence. 

Maybe for 'hard' science it isn't because they can't work with it. As for me, when I am forming my most reasonable view of reality, the analysis of anecdotal evidence looking at things like its quantity, quality and consistency matters.

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No it's not eternal, you just admitted consciousness can be disabled.

The ideology in question is no different than many others. It is all about putting human qualities on the universe to better "understand it", with trying to figure it out. Looks like solipsism with the universe being the dreamer, existing as a dream and we are figment of the dreamers imagination. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe for 'hard' science it isn't because they can't work with it. As for me, when I am forming my most reasonable view of reality, the analysis of anecdotal evidence looking at things like its quantity, quality and consistency matters.

It isn't evidence ....full stop.

It's a reason to start an investigation but it isn't evidence.

• Like 1

In an unconscious state (for example, as a result of a strong blow), the thin body or consciousness shifts relative to the physical body and brain, and since the person is not experienced in an out-of-body state, he does not realize himself outside the brain, but the human consciousness continues to work but his activity does not reach brain so that a person captures something. Just like in a deep dream, a person does not dream because consciousness goes so far that signals from the subtle mind are not transmitted to the brain but consciousness remains active at those levels. So consciousness is always active only in the brain and our organs cannot capture everything.

Spiritual people see better with their eyes closed so that our physical senses do not interfere with the subtle organs that serve as the basis for the formation of physical senses.For example, a thin body sees 360 degrees around itself but our physical eyes see only forward and on the sides limited by the angle of rotation of the eyes.

Edited by Coil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Whelp. Let me back up again. Consciousness through a physical form can of course fairly easily be disabled. But the source of consciousness is eternal and would not be disabled in the subtle higher bodies (astral/causal/soul).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

It isn't evidence ....full stop.

It's a reason to start an investigation but it isn't evidence.

Again, I am not doing hard science when I am considering anecdotal evidence. I am considering the 'anecdotal' experiences in forming my personal view of what is most reasonable to believe.

54 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Again, I am not doing hard science when I am considering anecdotal evidence. I am considering the 'anecdotal' experiences in forming my personal view of what is most reasonable to believe.

Meaning that if it conforms to your beliefs it must be true. 

so what is our ordinary everyday consciousness ?  Is it "electrical" activity in our brains?   Synapses..like sparks! ?

Which means our thoughts are the results of physical processes .    Isn't it sort of like the structure of an atom? ..in that the activity is actually   in between   it's component points.  ?

...similar to our solar system...it's the stabilization of the gravitational ,and rotational/centrifugal, forces   In between   Which holds it together.

O~~~~~~ - ~~~~~~o

pardon me?     just thinking out loud . . .  go ahead and talk amongst yourselves. :D

Edited by lightly

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Meaning that if it conforms to your beliefs it must be true. 

Meaning my beliefs were formed by my rational consideration of human experiences.

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Meaning my beliefs were formed by my rational consideration of human experiences.

Because it is what you want to be true.

On 10/16/2019 at 1:18 AM, Piney said:

@sci-nerd can too but I think energy is still particles. I know light is. 

Energy is motion, heat and radiation. Photons are radiation, but are also particles, because they are quantized into small units.

• Like 1

On October 17, 2019 at 1:47 AM, Rlyeh said:

I think you know what papa is saying.  ?  I think he's saying something like, yes, a person can become unconscious...but that there is more to consciousness, as a WHOLE .??    (How's that papa?  close?)

I can picture the idea  something like.....a cup of water can be poured out where it evaporates...is all water then gone?

Even the cup poured out isn't really "gone" ...it can Re condense  later .   ;  

9 hours ago, lightly said:

I think you know what papa is saying.  ?  I think he's saying something like, yes, a person can become unconscious...but that there is more to consciousness, as a WHOLE .??    (How's that papa?  close?)

You don't know what you're saying.  If you're unconscious then you're not conscious.

9 hours ago, lightly said:

I can picture the idea  something like.....a cup of water can be poured out where it evaporates...is all water then gone?

Even the cup poured out isn't really "gone" ...it can Re condense  later .   ;  

A poor analogy to defend a contradictory belief.

• Thanks 1