Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RoseDancer

Creating Our Own Reality

207 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

XenoFish
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Perfect example of materialist thinking.

In non-dualism; Consciousness is FUNDAMENTAL meaning it is not created. Consciousness exists as the ground of all reality. 'Matter' can be likened to just the props in this play/drama of the universe. What is Matter? Consciousness at creative play.

No. Consciousness is how we are able to interact with the world around us. We create a mental model. This model only represents what the world around us is like. It doesn't create it. Sorry, no one's imagining fire breathing dragons into reality by will alone. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
23 minutes ago, lightly said:

no,  I guess I'm wondering about awareness?   A flower is alive.    Is it conscious?  Nope, I guess not.

   Does it interact with it's environment .  Yes.   Could that be called..Awareness ?   When does awareness become conciousness?   There are different sorts of brains and sort of brains?   

Life has two purposes.  To eat. To keep from being eaten.  We think we are special because we have 'consciousness'.  Have you ever heard a bull frog croaking by a pond?  Waiting patiently for the bug to come by? Sitting there like a stone waiting.  Flowers have no 'brain'...how can they 'interact' with the sun if they have no consciousness?  They turn their little heads toward the sun.  They have over time evolved a particular aspect or two that makes it less easy to be eaten.  Does the brain tell the white blood cells to attack and kill bacteria...or are they consciously aware of the bacteria and know they must kill it? 

None of the answers to any of those questions are really important.  Because they all revolve around the physical aspects, the material aspects of life.  Without material...there is no life. In fact, without the right material, and the right setting, there is no life and without life there is no consciousness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

If we're not careful the thread will turn into this.

dave-the-solipsist.jpg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Where was your consciousness before you were conceived?

In my soul body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

In my soul body.

Which, I presume had no material components?

So now we play 20 questions.

Where was your "soul body"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

No. Consciousness is how we are able to interact with the world around us. We create a mental model. This model only represents what the world around us is like. It doesn't create it. Sorry, no one's imagining fire breathing dragons into reality by will alone. 

At our level of consciousness, we have little creative power over the physical realm. At the level of cosmic consciousness/God/Brahman the entire universe is nothing more than a created thought-form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

At our level of consciousness, we have little creative power over the physical realm. At the level of cosmic consciousness/God/Brahman the entire universe is nothing more than a created thought-form.

200.gif

Yep, little to no creative power at all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Which, I presume had no material components?

So now we play 20 questions.

Where was your "soul body"?

Soul bodies have actual super-physical material components. To experience the fundamental consciousness that animates them Causal Bodies (souls)  will incarnate bodies of the mental, astral and physical planes to experience the challenges of life on the lower planes.

The soul body exists for many lifetimes of lower plane experiencing (reincarnation).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

The most powerful thing humanity has are ideas. Ideas shape our lives, create our world. We share them. They are a memetic virus. 

Inception-Quotes-Idea-1.jpg

Even your beliefs PG are just an idea. And those idea shape your own personal subjective experience. How many people hate one another over ideas. Religious ideas, spiritual ideas, social and political ideas. Ideas can metaphorically move mountains. Ideas George, ideas are powerful. If we can conceive it, then we can create it. Even if we fail we know that we have tried. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

200.gif

Yep, little to no creative power at all. 

That's just manipulating existing matter/energy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

The most powerful thing humanity has are ideas. Ideas shape our lives, create our world. We share them. They are a memetic virus. 

Inception-Quotes-Idea-1.jpg

Even your beliefs PG are just an idea. And those idea shape your own personal subjective experience. How many people hate one another over ideas. Religious ideas, spiritual ideas, social and political ideas. Ideas can metaphorically move mountains. Ideas George, ideas are powerful. If we can conceive it, then we can create it. Even if we fail we know that we have tried. 

I have no problem with that thinking. We can have ideas and work towards fulfilling then through the natural laws.

Can we create matter/energy (or just transform)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Soul bodies have actual super-physical material components.

And what, exactly, is a "super-physical material component"?

 

I'm not even going to ask for proof or actual evidence for the rest of your statement, just pointing out that your are making positive assertions of fact about things which are not demonstrable.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

And what, exactly, is a "super-physical material component"?

It's quantum woo. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I have no problem with that thinking. We can have ideas and work towards fulfilling then through the natural laws.

Can we create matter/energy (or just transform)?

Go buy yourself some basic science books. I mean seriously, do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

And what, exactly, is a "super-physical material component"?

 

I'm not even going to ask for proof or actual evidence for the rest of your statement, just pointing out that your are making positive assertions of fact about things which are not demonstrable.

There are planes of nature astral/mental/etc. that exist beyond out familiar three dimensions and with matter native to those dimensions and planes. A soul is then composed of matter of the causal plane (the 'super-physical material component' of which I spoke).

Science tells us the vast majority of matter in the universe is not directly detectable by our physical senses and instruments (so-called Dark Matter).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

There are planes of nature astral/mental/etc. that exist beyond out familiar three dimensions and with matter native to those dimensions and planes. A soul is then composed of matter of the causal plane (the 'super-physical material component' of which I spoke).

Prove it, don't just assert it as a fact.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That's just manipulating existing matter/energy.

No....that is  D E S T R O Y I N G  matter...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Just now, Jodie.Lynne said:

Prove it, don't just assert it as a fact.

 

Physical proof of the super-physical may actually be an oxymoron. How do you prove something you can't detect?

Actually the knowledge I present of the higher planes comes to us from many masters/clairvoyants claiming direct knowledge of the super-physical with their psychic (super-physical) sensing. We all have super-physical components and senses but for the common man they are latent and undeveloped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I have no problem with that thinking. We can have ideas and work towards fulfilling then through the natural laws.

Can we create matter/energy (or just transform)?

Energy cannot be created only transferred.  We have created matter...in a laboratory...a completely manmade atom...only lasted for a nano second...but man, for that nano second...we were Gods!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
2 minutes ago, joc said:

No....that is  D E S T R O Y I N G  matter...

 

Converting matter to energy to be more precise. Your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Quote

1)If we do create our own reality from our thoughts words and action, are we creating the Prophecies? 

2)Are we truly responsible for everything that happens on this Earth?

Just a reminder. These are the questions the OP of this thread has asked. Do we really need to go off on a meaningless and pointless tangent? 

I'll answer these questions again.

1) Our thoughts shape our perspective and mindset. Which does sometimes lead to actions. We have at times created self-fulfilling prophecies.

2)We are responsible for what we do. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

How do you prove something you can't detect? that doesn't exist.

Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

 

Why is it, that when people who believe in intangibles are asked for, if not proof at least evidence for what they believe in, we get doublespeak and pseudo-technobabble?
 

Quote

Actually the knowledge I present of the higher planes comes to us from many masters/clairvoyants claiming direct knowledge of the super-physical with their psychic (super-physical) sensing. We all have super-physical components and senses but for the common man they are latent and undeveloped.

Actually, these are merely assertions made by self-proclaimed "masters", without producing even a single shred of tangible evidence, so that YOU @papageorge1 are merely repeating unsubstantiated claims, and avowing that those claims are factual and true.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

There is the material and immaterial. The world around us and our minds. Within our imaginations all things exist, because we can conceive them. However that doesn't mean they objectively exist. Such thoughts can only be made real, by well, making them real. Turning a dream into a story, that story becomes a movie. That dream became 'real'. That's how it works. A soul is just a concept, an idea. That idea represents our ego or the 'I' who we think we are. So the idea of an immortal soul is our wish to live forever. It is a concept born out of the fear of death or the fear of being forgotten. Myth's have been developed around that idea for ages. Some are more outlandish than others. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

To Rose. If you want to change your reality, change what you think, what you belief. Do this through repetition and actions. Develop a mindset around it. Really cultivate the idea till it becomes a part of you. If you wish to go with positive thinking be sure to back it up with positive/constructive actions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

There is the material and immaterial. The world around us and our minds. Within our imaginations all things exist, because we can conceive them. However that doesn't mean they objectively exist. Such thoughts can only be made real, by well, making them real. Turning a dream into a story, that story becomes a movie. That dream became 'real'. That's how it works. A soul is just a concept, an idea. That idea represents our ego or the 'I' who we think we are. So the idea of an immortal soul is our wish to live forever. It is a concept born out of the fear of death or the fear of being forgotten. Myth's have been developed around that idea for ages. Some are more outlandish than others. 

:sk:tsu::clap::nw::tu::yes:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.