Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RoseDancer

Creating Our Own Reality

207 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

papageorge1
7 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Effectively you're denying a biological and medical fact that people can be rendered unconscious.

Err, no, everybody knows that. There you are talking about consciousness through the physical brain. Why are you not getting that point?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Err, no, everybody knows that. There you are talking about consciousness through the physical brain. Why are you not getting that point?

 

Do you have a point? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly

So...  Life is an infinitely unlikely fluke of Nature, which developed for absolutely no reason, in a completely accidentally occurring, and entirely physical and dead Universe ,which is coming out of an incredibly small and dense . .thing, in absolute nothingness.       .    .         .        :lol:

       

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
6 minutes ago, lightly said:

So...  Life is an infinitely unlikely fluke of Nature, which developed for absolutely no reason, in a completely accidentally occurring, and entirely physical and dead Universe ,which is coming out of an incredibly small and dense . .thing, in absolute nothingness.       .    .         .        :lol:

       

And I'm okay with that.

Not everything needs an explanation. Especially when that "answer" answers nothing. Just more filler.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
21 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

This is what I was doing.

to state or declare positively and often forcefully or aggressively 

Here is some evidence as to why:  Afterlife Evidence

I've been dead. There is no afterlife. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I've been dead. There is no afterlife. 

I can tell that by your robotic posts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

And I'm okay with that.

Not everything needs an explanation. Especially when that "answer" answers nothing. Just more filler.

     I guess I'm just curious.  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
4 minutes ago, lightly said:

     I guess I'm just curious.  :)

 

Curiosity is good. But settling for half 'answers' is doing a disservice to yourself. For myself, I am curious, yet I don't need to know everything. We exist, I'm good with that. I don't need a scientific formula for it, nor do I need a 'god did it' answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Curiosity is good. But settling for half 'answers' is doing a disservice to yourself. For myself, I am curious, yet I don't need to know everything. We exist, I'm good with that. I don't need a scientific formula for it, nor do I need a 'god did it' answer. 

I'm with you :)   Words of wisdom for the ages. ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
10 hours ago, Piney said:

I think it still comes down to subatomic particles. 

Matter is made up of Atoms.  Atoms are made up of sub-atomic particles. When an atom is split and fission occurs...i.e. The release of Energy transformed into heat, what part of any of the atom involved  is left...sub-Atomic or otherwise? Did we not destroy in the process of fission the very essence of matter?

I am certainly not an atomic scientist...and I am very pleased to have my knowledge of what I 'think' I know updated and refreshened.

Maybe @danydandan can shed some light on this.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
51 minutes ago, joc said:

Maybe @danydandan can shed some light on this.

@sci-nerd can too but I think energy is still particles. I know light is. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
3 hours ago, Piney said:

@sci-nerd can too but I think energy is still particles. I know light is. 

My understanding is that light consists of photons.   I don't really know what energy is.  But I think I get some from drinking coffee...of course...that my just be the addictive quality of caffeine....;)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
On 10/14/2019 at 7:14 PM, RoseDancer said:

Reality is what I know and I know nothing. 

 

You know you are alive. You know you are part of a family and live within a society and you know you have a past and are in a position to plan for a future while alive now.

Quote

'm the oldest of five and when we get together, talking about the past no two of us remember an event the same way. 

But you all recall the "event". The fact that  details may differ is normal as XenoFish has already mentioned:

 

On 10/14/2019 at 7:18 PM, XenoFish said:

Memory is malleable. Every time we recall something we edit that memory a bit. We can even create false memories of events and things that never happened. 

An event can be recalled differently depending on age. There are 5, I assume you are not  quintuplets? 

We can look at christmas as an example, all five can recall the xmas day, (the event) but all could have different memories. One could believe father christmas brought the presents, one could recall the day as awful as they did not get the gift they wanted and one could recall it as the best day as they did get their gift. The examples are numerous, and it does show that you could all recall the "event", but in very different ways.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Err, no, everybody knows that. There you are talking about consciousness through the physical brain. Why are you not getting that point?

 

No, I'm talking about consciousness.  Your point is entirely baseless.  If they aren't unconscious, what are they experiencing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
4 hours ago, joc said:

I don't really know what energy is.  But I think I get some from drinking coffee...of course...that my just be the addictive quality of caffeine....;)

 

Yep, I can relate to that. All I need to know is which coffee it is and it does not need  to have been touched  by some guy called Simon claiming to be a master floating about some astral plane in a 6th dimentional state of unconciousness experiencing  a higher awareness bliss within  a bit of less dense matter. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
18 hours ago, lightly said:

So...  Life is an infinitely unlikely fluke of Nature, which developed for absolutely no reason, in a completely accidentally occurring, and entirely physical and dead Universe ,which is coming out of an incredibly small and dense . .thing, in absolute nothingness.       .    .         .        :lol:

       

Either that....or it was created by something that is an infinitely unlikely fluke of Nature, which developed for absolutely no reason, in a completely accidentally occurring, and entirely physical and dead Universe ,which is coming out of an incredibly small and dense . .thing, in absolute nothingness.   

Either way...if it all somehow spontaneously happened or if it was created by something that spontaneously happened....you are correct.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
33 minutes ago, joc said:

 

Either way...if it all somehow spontaneously happened or if it was created by something that spontaneously happened....you are correct.

I have my doubts that  I  am correct.  ;)

      As for light....  Isn't it believed to manifest as photons/particles  OR  waves?   ...just askin, I thought I have read that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoseDancer
6 hours ago, freetoroam said:

You know you are alive. You know you are part of a family and live within a society and you know you have a past and are in a position to plan for a future while alive now.

But do I? Who's to say there isn't some entity 'our there' pushing buttons? 

I should have taken the red pill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
On 10/13/2019 at 4:07 PM, RoseDancer said:

Are we truly responsible for everything that happens on this Earth?

No, nature takes care of the bulk of it. 

We are responsible for our actions as humans, but nature does not question us, not does it give a damn. 

57 minutes ago, RoseDancer said:

But do I? Who's to say there isn't some entity 'our there' pushing buttons? 

I should have taken the red pill. 

Do you know if you are alive? I do hope this is not something you are questioning?

Our life on this Earth is not long, personally I would never question if I am alive.

What kind of buttons do you think may be being pushed? Can you give an example of how and the effect it has or has had on mankind?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoseDancer

Nope.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
8 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

No, I'm talking about consciousness.  Your point is entirely baseless.  If they aren't unconscious, what are they experiencing?

Maybe here is why we are failing to communicate. Who are the 'they' in your post? I think you are talking about what I call physical forms experiencing consciousness through the physical brain.  

Our discussion will probably end with the disagreement on the question; is consciousness a creation of the physical brain or is it something fundamental that can incarnate physical and super-physical bodies. My analysis of the paranormal and psychic evidence has left me supporting the latter option.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
21 hours ago, joc said:

Matter is made up of Atoms.  Atoms are made up of sub-atomic particles. When an atom is split and fission occurs...i.e. The release of Energy transformed into heat, what part of any of the atom involved  is left...sub-Atomic or otherwise? Did we not destroy in the process of fission the very essence of matter?

I am certainly not an atomic scientist...and I am very pleased to have my knowledge of what I 'think' I know updated and refreshened.

Maybe @danydandan can shed some light on this.

 

Basically correct, but slightly more complex.

Atom's are made up of protons, neutrons and electrons...which in turn are comprised of quark's which in turn may be made from something else. 

Effectively what happens with Atomic bombs is a neutron hits the nucleus of the element used for the bomb. Say Uranium235  for example..... Once the initial strike occurs the atom is split and creates a massive amount of energy, radiation, light, heat etcetera. But a chain reaction occurs as the splitting creates more neutrons and more nuclei these strike each other and kaaaasboom. Nuclear explosion. So what's physically left of all that Uranium 235 after all this fission, well we have used most of it is energy but some of it creates 236... As far I can remember this is usually very rare and is a result of a neutron capture taking place. But most of the element is destroyed

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
32 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Basically correct, but slightly more complex.

Atom's are made up of protons, neutrons and electrons...which in turn are comprised of quark's which in turn may be made from something else. 

Effectively what happens with Atomic bombs is a neutron hits the nucleus of the element used for the bomb. Say Uranium235  for example..... Once the initial strike occurs the atom is split and creates a massive amount of energy, radiation, light, heat etcetera. But a chain reaction occurs as the splitting creates more neutrons and more nuclei these strike each other and kaaaasboom. Nuclear explosion. So what's physically left of all that Uranium 235 after all this fission, well we have used most of it is energy but some of it creates 236... As far I can remember this is usually very rare and is a result of a neutron capture taking place. But most of the element is destroyed

 

You'll have to excuse me while I clean my brain off the wall, my mind is blown.:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe here is why we are failing to communicate. Who are the 'they' in your post? I think you are talking about what I call physical forms experiencing consciousness through the physical brain.  

Our discussion will probably end with the disagreement on the question; is consciousness a creation of the physical brain or is it something fundamental that can incarnate physical and super-physical bodies. My analysis of the paranormal and psychic evidence has left me supporting the latter option.

Since your 'analysis' is based on...can be nothing but based on...anecdote....and since we know that people lie...and since we also know that even if people are telling the truth, memory is not really accurate to the degree it would need to be...

...have you ever thought maybe your analysis is in err?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe here is why we are failing to communicate. Who are the 'they' in your post? I think you are talking about what I call physical forms experiencing consciousness through the physical brain.  

Can people be rendered unconscious?  It's either yes or no.

 

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Our discussion will probably end with the disagreement on the question; is consciousness a creation of the physical brain or is it something fundamental that can incarnate physical and super-physical bodies. My analysis of the paranormal and psychic evidence has left me supporting the latter option.

The discussion has already shown contradictions in your claims.  The unconscious isn't really unconscious, the super-physical isn't really physical.  You still haven't answered what the molecule frequency of the "super-physical".

Edited by Rlyeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.