Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Analyst: 'US needs to investigate Navy UFOs'

UM-Bot

I agree with Von Rennenkampff, we need more careful study of these objects. 

It is imperative that we find out who they are, where they come from and what do they want? It's a national security issue.

To be honest i personally dont believe there is much of a collision risk. I mean have there been cpllisions? I believe that the technology being used employs altering the matter frequency of the craft and that the same mechanism that allows for

• Confused 1

It is not as if the crafts were not spotted, they were just too fast for the US pilots.

Could  have been American crafts. I do not believe all the new and still secretly built crafts being taken out for a test flight will be reported to all the US navy pilots. Why would they?

Just because someone is a US navy pilot, does not mean they know about every thing going on in the US military.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

It is not as if the crafts were not spotted, they were just too fast for the US pilots.

Could  have been American crafts. I do not believe all the new and still secretly built crafts being taken out for a test flight will be reported to all the US navy pilots. Why would they?

Just because someone is a US navy pilot, does not mean they know about every thing going on in the US military.

You really don't think that if the US Air Force had been evaluating something so secret that regular Navy fliers didn't know about it they'd do it somewhere that it wouldn't be likely to be coming into contact with anyone who wasn't authorised to know about it? That's what that enormous area of land in the Nevada desert is for 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

You really don't think that if the US Air Force had been evaluating something so secret that regular Navy fliers didn't know about it they'd do it somewhere that it wouldn't be likely to be coming into contact with anyone who wasn't authorised to know about it? That's what that enormous area of land in the Nevada desert is for 

It was too fast  and too high for the navy pilots.

"high-altitude objects traveling at hypersonic speeds."

If you have a craft that fast and high and no one else knows about it, they can test flight it anywhere they like.

Whats the worse which can happen? A couple of pilots see something and - do not have a clue what it was, which the makers of the craft expect would happen. Test flight going to plan.

• Thanks 1

'The Hill' claims to have a circulation of about 24,000.  In paper form.  It's a free, giveaway, ad-supported 'newspaper'.

Marik Von Rennenkampff is a self proclaimed 'defence analyst', who is basically just an opinion contributor for 'The Hill'.  He appears to work in a travel security insurance firm - not currently for the Defence Dep't, although the claim is made that he has, in the past - which is interesting as he only got his Degree (Non-Profileration & Terrorism Studies.. ???) in 2015....  Happy to be proven otherwise, and I'll apologise.

Given that he is proferring his opinion, I think it's fair to point out those facts and consider - does his opinion actually matter or count for anything?  I smell To The Stars / DeLonge....

And an open question to anyone including Von Rennenkampff:

What incidents, to date, have involved any of the following:

- collision with a UFO

- engagement with a UFO

- loss of or damage to any aircraft or military assets

- loss of or damage to any assets whatsoever

- any form of properly recorded data, that (on properly undertaken research) is shown to have non-terrestrial or 'dangerous' characteristics that would make it a threat

My question is thus:

Why should taxpayers spend more money on this dreck?  Don't you think the Defence Department is capable to make these decisions itself? 

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

'The Hill' claims to have a circulation of about 24,000.  In paper form.  It's a free, giveaway, ad-supported 'newspaper'.

Marik Von Rennenkampff is a self proclaimed 'defence analyst', who is basically just an opinion contributor for 'The Hill'.  He appears to work in a travel security insurance firm - not currently for the Defence Dep't, although the claim is made that he has, in the past - which is interesting as he only got his Degree (Non-Profileration & Terrorism Studies.. ???) in 2015....  Happy to be proven otherwise, and I'll apologise.

Given that he is proferring his opinion, I think it's fair to point out those facts and consider - does his opinion actually matter or count for anything?  I smell To The Stars / DeLonge....

And an open question to anyone including Von Rennenkampff:

What incidents, to date, have involved any of the following:

- collision with a UFO

- engagement with a UFO

- loss of or damage to any aircraft or military assets

- loss of or damage to any assets whatsoever

- any form of properly recorded data, that (on properly undertaken research) is shown to have non-terrestrial or 'dangerous' characteristics that would make it a threat

My question is thus:

Why should taxpayers spend more money on this dreck?  Don't you think the Defence Department is capable to make these decisions itself? 

The cows man!  The mutilated cows!  No human could of done that man...too precise!  Don't you get it?  They are mutilating our cows!!! Something's got to be done man! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

As ChrZls pointed out, I too took he time to look up who this analyst and what they analyze. It seems this person writes opinions about politics.

This makes anything this person states little more than personal opinion. I would like to point out that the OP article is a misrepresentation of facts, in my opinion.

" pilots attempting to chase down unidentified, high-altitude objects traveling at hypersonic speeds "

There are as we have learned only two videos. The second video was chopped into two pieces. In one video we have a slow moving probable weather balloon at 10,000 feet. That certainly is not a high altitude object traveling at hypersonic speed. Another video shows a distant plane. It is at the same altitude roughly as the pilot. It is in the clouds. It does not leave the pilot behind. It is therefore not a high altitude object traveling at hypersonic speed. The same applies to the remaining video.

" The objects exhibited no apparent wings, markings or visible means of propulsion. "

That too is false. The slow moving probable weather balloon appears to be drifting in the wind at the altitude at which it is. The distant plane appears as a plane should in a FLIR. Flir does NOT show wings. It is not an optical system. These objects have the normal shape expected from a FLIR system. The article again is bogus.

Here is another blunder in the article: " US Navy officials have admitted that these objects are genuinely unidentified. "

The Navy says they were, not presently are unidentified.

The question of course is why the pilots were not able to identify the targets. Unless a target cannot be identified a pilot has no idea if the target is a threat or not. The US Navy has shot down a commercial airliner because it incorrectly identified it as a threat. Reducing mistakes saves lives of the innocent and also saves lives of the warrior, the Navy personnel on the front lines of security for the nation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

49 minutes ago, stereologist said:

As ChrZls pointed out, I too took he time to look up who this analyst and what they analyze. It seems this person writes opinions about politics.

This makes anything this person states little more than personal opinion. I would like to point out that the OP article is a misrepresentation of facts, in my opinion.

" pilots attempting to chase down unidentified, high-altitude objects traveling at hypersonic speeds "

There are as we have learned only two videos. The second video was chopped into two pieces. In one video we have a slow moving probable weather balloon at 10,000 feet. That certainly is not a high altitude object traveling at hypersonic speed. Another video shows a distant plane. It is at the same altitude roughly as the pilot. It is in the clouds. It does not leave the pilot behind. It is therefore not a high altitude object traveling at hypersonic speed. The same applies to the remaining video.

" The objects exhibited no apparent wings, markings or visible means of propulsion. "

That too is false. The slow moving probable weather balloon appears to be drifting in the wind at the altitude at which it is. The distant plane appears as a plane should in a FLIR. Flir does NOT show wings. It is not an optical system. These objects have the normal shape expected from a FLIR system. The article again is bogus.

Here is another blunder in the article: " US Navy officials have admitted that these objects are genuinely unidentified. "

The Navy says they were, not presently are unidentified.

The question of course is why the pilots were not able to identify the targets. Unless a target cannot be identified a pilot has no idea if the target is a threat or not. The US Navy has shot down a commercial airliner because it incorrectly identified it as a threat. Reducing mistakes saves lives of the innocent and also saves lives of the warrior, the Navy personnel on the front lines of security for the nation.

It would certainly seem this case trives on embelishment, enhancements, made up stuff and the lemming gullible parroting.

The facts speak for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, freetoroam said:

It was too fast  and too high for the navy pilots.

"high-altitude objects traveling at hypersonic speeds."

If you have a craft that fast and high and no one else knows about it, they can test flight it anywhere they like.

Whats the worse which can happen? A couple of pilots see something and - do not have a clue what it was, which the makers of the craft expect would happen. Test flight going to plan.

Got to take Dumbledore's side in this.  As it ended up, vids of these uber secret craft are now shown on youtube, which makes no sense if you want to keep it secret. the DoD made the video, claims the objects are unknown to the POTUS, to the two congressional intel committees, to the public. The DoD has to be able to know if this is dark project and remain silent, surely they would investigate. But that seems not to be the case.

If this is a black project craft, then they obviously kept it so secret no one in government knows about it. That being the case, the right way for the black project to be kept secret is fly in totally unoccupied airspace and not right in front of the US Navy for two weeks lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Got to take Dumbledore's side in this.  As it ended up, vids of these uber secret craft are now shown on youtube, which makes no sense if you want to keep it secret. the DoD made the video, claims the objects are unknown to the POTUS, to the two congressional intel committees, to the public. The DoD has to be able to know if this is dark project and remain silent, surely they would investigate. But that seems not to be the case.

If this is a black project craft, then they obviously kept it so secret no one in government knows about it. That being the case, the right way for the black project to be kept secret is fly in totally unoccupied airspace and not right in front of the US Navy for two weeks lol

:rolleyes: And what did potus say when asked if he believes alleged UFO ( unidentified flying objects ) claims,

"Not particularly"

Like or hate trump  ive seen how the man reacts had the briefing been of any value he would have had a different reaction like his cliche "we will see" reply,

However, if you know what potus was told in a private briefing please share otherwise its you guessing, ahem, speculating, which is worth zero.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The response to this case has been the oddest I’ve seen. 

I mean the US Navy comes out and confirms the pilots experience, straight says they are unidentified craft that achieved maneuvers not possible by our known rules, and that’s completely ignored. Going so far as to call one incident a weather balloon?  

Also, seems to me that if those craft were top secret experimental craft, the Navy would have just denied their existence all together. Would have called it a weather balloon, or swamp gas, or any of the other clichés. 

They were there, and they did what it was reported they did. Unless you think the Navy is lying. If they were going to lie about it, I’d find it much more likely they would say that it never really happened. 

As for Trump saying he didn’t believe the reports, we are talking about a man who’s every word is put under a microscope. Last thing he needs is the media ripping him to shreds, and even twisting what he said, had he said he believed the reports. 

I could see it now, ‘Trump believes in little green men, plans to collude with aliens to steal the 2020 election’.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

As for Trump saying he didn’t believe the reports, we are talking about a man who’s every word is put under a microscope. Last thing he needs is the media ripping him to shreds, and even twisting what he said, had he said he believed the reports. 

I could see it now, ‘Trump believes in little green men, plans to collude with aliens to steal the 2020 election

we have seen the man blurts all kinds of stupid stuff in the past like i said if it had any meat he just couldn't help himself he wouldn't have confirmed anything he would have done like i said before and acted like he knows something we dont know, hes very ego driven, when he replied he doesn't particularly believe the alleged stories he doesn't and he's not interested, the man is an shallow as a puddle,

He would have loved little green men to take some spotlight off all his real dramas,

As for the rest of that case, where does fact start and bs end?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

we have seen the man blurts all kinds of stupid stuff in the past like i said if it had any meat he just couldn't help himself he wouldn't have confirmed anything he would have done like i said before and acted like he knows something we dont know, hes very ego driven, when he replied he doesn't particularly believe the alleged stories he doesn't and he's not interested, the man is an shallow as a puddle,

He would have loved little green men to take some spotlight off all his real dramas,

I didn’t see any of that in his response at all. He was asked about it, and said he was aware. Then he was asked if he believed it, and said no. 

Sure he says some outlandish things on Twitter or whatever, but saying he believed this story, then having to answer all the questions that would certainly follow, questions I’m sure no one, or next to no one has the answers to, just seems unnecessary. It was the easy way out. 

Now im not saying I have any answers. I’m just saying that the Navy collaborating this story on any level is astounding. Something never before seen. To me that makes this much more then our typical independent story. 

• Like 2

I thought he said "not particularly" and too lazy to see if it was just "no" both serve my thinking,

And come on, are we talking the same trump, if the man doesnt want to answer a question he doesn't,

Also i have a bit more agenda here, certain parties are doing a lot of guessing what trump was told, they guess make up stuff then spew it as fact, nothing to back it up and then jump its some asinine priming the public for day of disclosure, oooh i know the day trump gets impeached he will announce aliens are here and probing him at that very moment, anything to swing the spotlight.

Just what did the navy really colabarate thats so epic?

I have thought all along This was a case of pilots who didn't know how to use new gear may or not have seen a secret craft above their pay rate and spewed too soon, our military isnt flawless, so much furor on this case to be so much nothing.

• Haha 1

Id rather not get into another Trump bashing session. TDS is too much for me. I don't even understand why the focus is on him? The Navy declaring the story to be true is the smoking gun.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Id rather not get into another Trump bashing session. TDS is too much for me. I don't even understand why the focus is on him? The Navy declaring the story to be true is the smoking gun.

I'm not pro or con trump and if i point out something that he did do that a trump fan feels is bashing thats a them problem as he gave me that,

Far from the focus others made him a part of this case assuming what he was told in a private briefing,

Smoking gun? How? For what?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You're misrepresenting what their "declaration" was. They confirmed that the VIDEOS were real and that they did not have confirmation on the identity of the objects contained within them. In the same interview they stated this:

Gradisher would not speculate as to what the unidentified objects seen in the videos were, but did say they are usually proved to be mundane objects like drones—not alien spacecraft.

“The frequency of incursions have increased since the advents of drones and quadcopters,” he says.

https://time.com/5680192/navy-confirms-ufo-videos-real/

On a side note...TDS was invented by people with TCSS trying to distract from their own condition. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I'm not pro or con trump and if i point out something that he did do that a trump fan feels is bashing thats a them problem as he gave me that,

Far from the focus others made him a part of this case assuming what he was told in a private briefing,

Smoking gun? How? For what?

Come on bro, you gotta admit that the navy admitting these were UFO's and made maneuvers we are unable to is huge. If not, then I gotta agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

You're misrepresenting what their "declaration" was. They confirmed that the VIDEOS were real and that they did not have confirmation on the identity of the objects contained within them. In the same interview they stated this:

https://time.com/5680192/navy-confirms-ufo-videos-real/

On a side note...TDS was invented by people with TCSS trying to distract from their own condition. 

How did I misrepresent what their declaration was? I never said they had confirmation of the identity, or what the objects contained. Why would I? I have no idea either.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Come on bro, you gotta admit that the navy admitting these were UFO's and made maneuvers we are unable to is huge. If not, then I gotta agree to disagree. 

Admitted they were UFOs ? i didn't see that per say, but it's not a smoking gun to admit that some object in the air is unidentified, I admit I see stuff in the sky almost daily and I dont know for sure what it really is, it far from makes it alien or otherworldly.

I haven't seen where the navy said that it was confirmed the object did maneuvers that we cant, I havent even seen it proven this was a actual object and not equipment malfunctions,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Admitted they were UFOs ? i didn't see that per say, but it's not a smoking gun to admit that some object in the air is unidentified, I admit I see stuff in the sky almost daily and I dont know for sure what it really is, it far from makes it alien or otherworldly.

I haven't seen where the navy said that it was confirmed the object did maneuvers that we cant, I havent even seen it proven this was a actual object and not equipment malfunctions,

Sure they admitted they were UFO's, in the exact definition of what a UFO is. I'm not saying they declared them to be alien space craft, not even close.

This isn't at all the same as you or I seeing something in the sky we cant Identify. This is the US Navy Who it is of the upmost importance that they know what they share the sky with. Who have advanced radar, and devices that lock in targets for combat.

They had (at least) one of the objects on video. From what I understand straight said it descended at a rate of speed and over a long distance . Enough so that the G forces would have killed a human had one been in that craft. From what I also understand, they were seeing these things over the span of two weeks, so I think it's unlikely this could be explained by equipment malfunction.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

It's good that they are finally ditching the usual 'weather balloon' explanation.

Weather balloons don't out-maneuver the world's top aircraft and then shoot off in a straight line at impossible speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

Oh, please, Trump doesn't want to share the spotlight with anything or anyone.  He responded as he did about UFO's because it is not in his agenda, he can't see how it would help him so why bother.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked