Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RoofGardener

Turkish Invasion and the US Media

65 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Manwon Lender
8 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm not clear on how you came to this conclusion.  Is there a video or recording where he stated that he DID give them a green light?  I haven't seen it.  The impression I got was he spoke to Erdog and was told that Turkey had waited as long as they were going to wait.  Trump then decided to pull the guys out of the line of fire to avoid casualties and a potential fight between NATO allies.  I think Erdog made promises about the scope and duration of his fight to clear the Kurdish "terrorists" and after a couple of days it became obvious he had lied (imagine that) so Trump decided to drop the sanctions hammer on his pathetic, lying self.  I hope Trump turns Mnuchin loose and Lindsey Graham rides with him on the hit :w00t: 

Between economic pressure and a force of Russian MPs and their entourage coming into the zone, Erdog may just call it good and live to fight another day.

Here you go it is said in the article below, I hope this helps.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/15/trumps-team-is-adamant-he-didnt-greenlight-turkeys-syria-invasion-he-sure-seemed-imply-it/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
On 10/14/2019 at 11:39 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, that's a refreshing change, eh? the media LIED lol.  So glad I don't watch that garbage anymore. If Trump stayed the course they would have called him a dictator and war monger.

Sigh...no they didnt lie they relayed a report from sources on the ground. Just like the OP article did. Which you do realize the OP article is from Turkey right?

You should check out the twitter feed of one of the sources, its pretty crazy https://twitter.com/baderkhanahmad?lang=en

 

Edited by Farmer77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
odas
4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Interesting point. I am thinking about the Incerlik base we might abandon.  Not going to lose any weapons or troops, but we will be gone.

Who wins?  Putin.  He uses his pawn Erdogan  to look threatening and unstable.  We move from a base that has nuclear weapons and strong air power  an hour or less from southern targets in Russian.  If we move them to Saudi Arabia, that is 20-30 minutes further away.  That is more warning.  If we flew in to Russia from Saudi Arabia we would have to  detour or cross less friendly  Turkish air space. 

What do you bet that he can settle things down between his two friends Turkey and Syria as soon as we are out of the picture.  Andthen's  idea about a base in Iraqi Kurd controlled territory might be strategic, but not likely to happen now.

Putin is having a great bro reunion with the Emirates and Saudi Arabia.  Is he relieving us of the responsibility of being world policeman? If we wanted to get out of world involvement, I'm sure Russia will be glad to help us.

Maybe that is not such a bad thing. I guess it depends on how we accomplish that.

It is a spiders web that Putin is creating. He is using the "abandon" countries as his shield. 

Turkey for example, has waited 40 years to be a part of the European union. Nothing. Romania, Bulgaria, Greece ( world champion in bankruptcy), and others came in easily although not even close to have a stable economy as Turkey had.

Moreover, many of you miss a very strategic influence that Turkey has in southern europe, the balkans, and the southern gas pipeline thru the area, sponsored by       Russia.

And, although Russia had a share of attacks by islamic radicals, Putin and russians NEVER compared and equilized muslims, their religion, to the terrorists unlike the west. That sends positive signals to the middle east minus Israel.

I agree that US troops should not fight wars for others but most of the wars in the middle east were crated by the US.

We see a change in power on the world stage. I do not like what I see. Putin is way to calm and at peace. The quiet before the storm.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwynbleidd
15 hours ago, odas said:

Putin proved to be a much more stable partner in everyway possible than the US.

I hate him, but I admire his genius. He took half of the world and got the US on it's knees by puting Trump into the presidency.

Regardles now who will be the president of US in 2020, Putin secured his position as the master of the world.

It's funny you say that, because I've always seen him as the type to be sitting on the sidelines silently watching, with a gigantic smirk on his face at how the USA has not stopped carrying on with it's lunacy since before Trump was elected. 

Maintaining those international relationships is extremely important.  They often forget the whole world is watching them and how they're going about things.  You can blame whoever you want for it nowadays, but it's not looking very good for the US, whichever way you want to spin it.  Sorry, just my humble opinion.  :yes:

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
11 hours ago, odas said:

It is a spiders web that Putin is creating. He is using the "abandon" countries as his shield. 

Turkey for example, has waited 40 years to be a part of the European union. Nothing. Romania, Bulgaria, Greece ( world champion in bankruptcy), and others came in easily although not even close to have a stable economy as Turkey had.

Moreover, many of you miss a very strategic influence that Turkey has in southern europe, the balkans, and the southern gas pipeline thru the area, sponsored by       Russia.

And, although Russia had a share of attacks by islamic radicals, Putin and russians NEVER compared and equilized muslims, their religion, to the terrorists unlike the west. That sends positive signals to the middle east minus Israel.

I agree that US troops should not fight wars for others but most of the wars in the middle east were crated by the US.

We see a change in power on the world stage. I do not like what I see. Putin is way to calm and at peace. The quiet before the storm.

 

Are you one of these anti-Russia conspiracy nuts that thinks every time Putin farts there's a master plan behind it? Lord!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
On 10/16/2019 at 4:41 PM, odas said:

hate him,

Is it worth asking why you do, or would it just result in a lengthy and semi-comprehensible tirade such as we might expect from Helen about how he's plotting to take over the world but first just wants to invade Poland or somewhere just because that's what Mad Dictators always do?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
15 hours ago, odas said:

We see a change in power on the world stage. I do not like what I see. Putin is way to calm and at peace. The quiet before the storm.

React to my post with a crying emoji if you are being held captive by Russian intelligence

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
odas
11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Are you one of these anti-Russia conspiracy nuts that thinks every time Putin farts there's a master plan behind it? Lord!

Let's say it this way, once they leave me alone, not interfere with my life, I will tone it down. Cannot go into details.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
odas
7 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Is it worth asking why you do, or would it just result in a lengthy and semi-comprehensible tirade such as we might expect from Helen about how he's plotting to take over the world but first just wants to invade Poland or somewhere just because that's what Mad Dictators always do?

Because Helen and I have the experience with Russia, you don't.

There is a say where I come from. Even with all the bull that goes on with Trump it still stands: Better American poop than Russian cake.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
odas
7 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

React to my post with a crying emoji if you are being held captive by Russian intelligence

How do I know you are not russian intelligence?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 minute ago, odas said:

How do I know you are not russian intelligence?

I think  you can be sure that Russian Intelligence...American Intelligence...Israeli Intelligence...Chinese Intelligence...and probably every intelligence agency on the planet monitor this site!  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 hour ago, joc said:

I think  you can be sure that Russian Intelligence...American Intelligence...Israeli Intelligence...Chinese Intelligence...and probably every intelligence agency on the planet monitor this site!  

No we dont

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, joc said:

I think  you can be sure that Russian Intelligence...American Intelligence...Israeli Intelligence...Chinese Intelligence...and probably every intelligence agency on the planet monitor this site!  

Your joking right, if any of those agencies do monitor this site they do it for laughs. There is no other reason for it, there is nothing posted here that comes close to actionable intelligence information. The closest thing to actionable intelligence that hits this site is what members post from CNN.:D

Just in my opinion.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, odas said:

Let's say it this way, once they leave me alone, not interfere with my life, I will tone it down. Cannot go into details.

Be careful Putin himself may be reading this thread. But I do agree with you, the Russians are playing the long game and I agree that the situation should be watched closely. Putin has made friendly gestures to every enemy, and almost every friend of the United States. But I think the close relationship he has been building with China is the most dangerous. Together they could certainly be a formidable force that could dominate a large portion of the world, and that would not be good for any Nation.

JIMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
14 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Are you one of these anti-Russia conspiracy nuts that thinks every time Putin farts there's a master plan behind it? Lord!

Yes Earl.  It is a top secret coded message that goes out to elite agents.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Putin has made friendly gestures to every enemy, and almost every friend of the United States.

How dare he try to seek ... try to seek cooperation and harmonious relations with other countries! I'm - I'm so spluttering with indignation I nearly sprayed tea all over my keyboard! 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Together they could certainly be a formidable force that could dominate a large portion of the world, and that would not be good for any Nation.

They would but the nature of those regimes precludes such a relationship.  Two apex predators won't share the same territory for long.  

I agree that they both sense weakness in America and that makes things dangerous because they might get adventurous and miscalculate but I think the real danger for America today is the internal strife that is weakening us in front of the world.  I think those who are attempting to take out a duly elected president should pay the price with their lives after a trial shows exactly what they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes Earl.  It is a top secret coded message that goes out to elite agents.

Smoke signals?  Verrry clever :w00t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
2 hours ago, odas said:

Let's say it this way, once they leave me alone, not interfere with my life, I will tone it down. Cannot go into details.

You don't mean they're still trying to interfere with your life even now in Canada? Well that's just... that's just, that is. I should apply to the Secret Services for protection.  :sad: 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

How dare he try to seek ... try to seek cooperation and harmonious relations with other countries! I'm - I'm so spluttering with indignation I nearly sprayed tea all over my keyboard! 

Yeah, yeah, we know how you feel about dear Vlad.  There IS cause to be wary of a guy that makes the moves he makes and while he is doing what any other world leader would do and he's not much worse, he certainly can't be called an innocent who is looking for peace without any benefit for mother Russia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

They haven't tried to smear Novichock on your door handle, have they, Odas, because you know about Uncle Joe Putin's desire to take over the world? :( 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

 

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Yeah, yeah, we know how you feel about dear Vlad. 

Look at him rationally you mean, rather than as a cartoon villain? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 minute ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

They haven't tried to smear Novichock on your door handle because you know about Uncle Joe Putin's desire to take over the world? :( 

Nope.  I spent a week over there in 2008 and he didn't bother me then, either ;)   But you DO behave as though he's a new foaled lamb.  Anyone with his er training and experience who has political enemies that often mysteriously assume room temperature, are worthy of a little extra attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

 

Look at him rationally you mean, rather than as a cartoon villain? 

Only you don't really.  You go rather further in the opposite direction than logic would justify with his history.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.