Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Thoughts

RoseDancer

I had a very close friend who was in a motorcycle accident, full recovery but never seemed to be the same person, complete personality change. 

Your thoughts on this. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Did he/she have surgery after the accident, and did the docs use ketamine?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoseDancer said:

I had a very close friend who was in a motorcycle accident, full recovery but never seemed to be the same person, complete personality change. 

Your thoughts on this. 

Happened to me. Head injury from a car accident toasted my marriage. Didn't know what ptsd was back then.  My brain got rewired and changed my personality. All is well though. My ex and I are great friends and my kids understand what happened to me. Be supportive and accept the changes or don't and move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Gwynbleidd, don't be sad. It all worked out for the best. It was a confusing time, but I learned a lot about myself and think I'm a better person for it. Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If there was brain damage the personality could of changed (many cases of this in the medical world).

My older brother had a friend who they found out had a brain tumor at 26 ( he had it longer but it was just finally discovered).

He had the surgery to get it took out. Ever since the tumor was removed he has been a completly different dude. 

Or as others have said could be PTSD or just a change because of almost dying and now having a different perspective on life. 

• Like 2

Did he have any type of head injury? Also PTSD also occurs after a traumatic event.  

Head injury and surgery, unconscious for three days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We never met her first hand but the lady we bought this joint from had people convinced the place was haunted and or she was a loon,

Then I learned she had a Harley crash and hit her head so i think bingo head injury but no in her case i was told she was looney before and after the crash, just different kinds of looney.

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

@Gwynbleidd, don't be sad. It all worked out for the best. It was a confusing time, but I learned a lot about myself and think I'm a better person for it. Cheers.

I just felt terrible for you, and that you and your family had to go through that entire experience.  Thank you for sharing though :-*

It made me think of my car accident I had 5 years ago and what we and our families go through on the road to recovery after something very traumatic. 

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 2

Makes you wonder what really goes on in the brain and what it's really capable of.

It can provide the most intriguing coping tools to help one recover, and deal with the worst trauma.

PTSD may be a healing tool and one need only allow it to do its job of getting us back on course.