Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Modern day Illuminati

TrumanB

I listened to an interview of some hermetist and he mentioned that illuminati still exist, that their headquaters are in Sao Paolo, Brazil and that they are influential through UN.

Here is their web site:

http://www.ordemilluminati.com.br/

Allegedly, they have origins from Bavarian illuminati who were banished from Europe many years ago. Do you know anything about this organization Ordem Illuminati?

• Like 1

The Illuminati was founded to disseminate knowledge. They evolved into the Royal Society (which still exists,I get the newsletter).

This on the other hand was completely invented by a group who wants your money.  

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don't know anything about it.  The website looks interesting but hard to read as it is in Portuguese, which is not completely the same as spanish.   It does seem to say what Piney says about disseminating knowledge and there is something about the catholic church.  Are they a separate sect of Jesuits?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Jesuits?

They do all their best work at Max Plank. They wouldn't have any reason for this nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Now I took a better look at their web site. If you know any other roman language it's pretty obvious that anyone can register with a credit card. lol.

Piney, can you tell us more about the knowledge that real illuminati had?

• Like 3

And how do you know that they evolved into Royal Society?

• Like 1

Hm...there may be but I don't have time nor will to look for it. My CTR+F search doesn't give anything about masons. By the way, masons and illuminati are completely different organization as far as I know. So, we may conclude that illuminati don't exist anymore and that Den Brown was fantasizing. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TrumanB said:

Hm...there may be but I don't have time nor will to look for it. My CTR+F search doesn't give anything about masons. By the way, masons and illuminati are completely different organization as far as I know. So, we may conclude that illuminati don't exist anymore and that Den Brown was fantasizing. :)

Dan Brown along with Henry Lincoln, Micheal Baigent and Richard Leigh were fantasizing about a lot of things. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Of course the hack Dan Brown was fantasizing.  He wrote the Davinci Code because his publisher had him do it.  They wanted more sales for the Holdy Blood Holy Grail book and he is such a hack it probably pulled him out of the doldrums too.  A perfect example how advertising done well can sell a lot of crap.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

I actually liked Da vinci code as a thriller. IMO it's well written and it also has a feminist message. lol See nothing wrong with that book if you take it as a pure fiction.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I actually liked Da vinci code as a thriller. IMO it's well written and it also has a feminist message. lol See nothing wrong with that book if you take it as a pure fiction.

Yeah, I didn't think it was well written as a thriller as I figured out who the bad guy was in the middle of the book and I had already read Holy Blood Holy Grail so all of it was kind of predictable and boring.  I guess everyone has different tastes in reading.  Maybe I wasn't looking for it but I don't remember any feminist message in it.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just recall the last scene in Louvre. It's all about female principle.

• Haha 1

All from what I read about the Illuminati is that they were a group of people who held to anti clerical and Catholic attitudes, particularly Adam Weishaupt who was excommunicated. They formed as a reaction against the church which was made up of Deists and certain Humanists and I believe played a part in the French revolution, I also think there was some ties to Freemasonry as well. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, because Weishaupt  was a mason. But apart from that they are different organizations. Anyway, I don't think their influence was ever that big as conspiracy theorists claim.

2 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Yes, because Weishaupt  was a mason. But apart from that they are different organizations. Anyway, I don't think their influence was ever that big as conspiracy theorists claim.

No. They’re related. The best material on the subject (at least from the Rosicrucians into their development into Royal Society and/or the Masons) is Dame Frances Yates’ The Rosicrucian Enlightenment. 

It’s a serious academic work, however, requiring a thorough knowledge of period history and a working knowledge of Latin, French, German and Italian. It in no way entertains fantasies about hidden knowledge or modern-day delusions of secret societies and thoroughly dismantles such ideas, though it details these groups’ specific, political and uniquely contemporary activities. 

If you’re into the likes of Holy Blood, Holy Grail or (god help you) Dan Brown’s recycled bog roll, Yates may not be for you. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

No. They’re related. The best material on the subject (at least from the Rosicrucians into their development into Royal Society and/or the Masons) is Dame Frances Yates’ The Rosicrucian Enlightenment. 

It’s a serious academic work, however, requiring a thorough knowledge of period history and a working knowledge of Latin, French, German and Italian. It in no way entertains fantasies about hidden knowledge or modern-day delusions of secret societies and thoroughly dismantles such ideas, though it details these groups’ specific, political and uniquely contemporary activities. 

If you’re into the likes of Holy Blood, Holy Grail or (god help you) Dan Brown’s recycled bog roll, Yates may not be for you. 

—Jaylemurph 

I am surprised anyone takes Dan Brown seriously when he tells you at the beginning of his book that it is fiction. But I guess its the thrill that drives them. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

t’s a serious academic work, however, requiring a thorough knowledge of period history and a working knowledge of Latin, French, German and Italian. It in no way entertains fantasies about hidden knowledge or modern-day delusions of secret societies and thoroughly dismantles such ideas, though it details these groups’ specific, political and uniquely contemporary activities.—Jaylemurph 

Well, it's going on my reading list but when/if am I going to read it only god knows...

I didn't say that I take Dan Brown seriously, only that I enjoyed his fast paced thrillers.

27 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I am surprised anyone takes Dan Brown seriously when he tells you at the beginning of his book that it is fiction. But I guess its the thrill that drives them. 

Well, his “research” was just about solely flipping through Holy Blood, Holy Grail and ignoring the fact that everything in it is a hoax. 

But people here do precisely the same. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1