Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did I slip into a parallel universe?

canoden

Something strange happened back in 2013. I used to live in a studio apartment in London. I was studying at a university during that time. There was a Sainsbury’s nearby where I would get my groceries. I used to go there frequently so I knew the people who worked there.

So, one day I was heading to Sainsbury as usual. It was the evening time. I exited my apartment and got on the elevator. While I was on the elevator I experienced something weird which is really hard to explain. It was like a jump cut but in the same spot. I also remember experiencing jet lag and motion sickness. I went to Sainsbury anyway. But, when I got there I didn’t recognize anybody. I thought maybe they all took a day off or something. I asked the new guys where they were and they said they never heard of them and that they have been working there for a long time.

I was really confused. I still am to this day. After getting what I needed I went back to my apartment. I got on the elevator and the same thing happened again. The next day I went to Sainsbury’s again and saw the old faces. I asked them if they were here yesterday evening and they said yes. And, that they didn't remember seeing me here. I showed them the receipt and they were shocked. The address was the same. But, the items on the list weren’t purchased from them yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Maybe. Some things are impossible to know and no one else can validate for you or know what you experienced. I have experienced at least one time slip before, but do not speak of it much as nobody can tell me anything about it, and I know that. Most everyone would have every reason to suppose I was kidding or just confused, so why go there? :) 

How were the prices?  Anything else odd to be noticed? 

• Like 6

Hello @canoden and welcome to UM!  

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I enjoyed reading it!  If I had to hazard a guess, it sounded like you jumped through into some sort of alternate reality! :D    

I cannot say I know a lot about these types of things, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here that might be able to help you figure out what happened.  I wish you good luck! 

Again, welcome! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Maybe. Some things are impossible to know and no one else can validate for you or know what you experienced. I have experienced at least one time slip before, but do not speak of it much as nobody can tell me anything about it, and I know that. Most everyone would have every reason to suppose I was kidding or just confused, so why go there? :) 

I'm going to let you answer these threads from here on out. I'm not fit to do it anymore. You've got a better disposition at handling them.

My take on it. I don't have one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

You're right. It's difficult for others to explain what happened. Only those who had similar experiences can help you out. I'm hoping I'll find someone who had the same experience I did. 

The prices were the same. The only thing different were the settings. The meat section, the fruit section etc. weren't where I remembered they were. But, that wasn't really a big deal.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Hello @canoden and welcome to UM!  

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I enjoyed reading it!  If I had to hazard a guess, it sounded like you jumped through into some sort of alternate reality! :D    

I cannot say I know a lot about these types of things, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here that might be able to help you figure out what happened.  I wish you good luck! 

Again, welcome! 

Thanks! I do hope I come across someone here who had the same experience I did. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum @canoden.  I have never experienced anything like this but I have heard of it before.  I hope you find an answer.

• Like 2

Here is a fun read,

http://weekinweird.com/2014/05/20/man-without-country-mystery-man-taured/

I believe it to be fiction,

As a pita skeptic nothing i say is meant as a personal insult to you i will just assumed for the moment you are not making it up and I won't push that you had something so very odd happen yet didnt research the hell out of it at the time.

In this case ( if it happened as you say )  you had proof, a receipt, do you still have it, because if not then well..yeah, I need a goid reason you didnt keep it, I would have laminated it framed in glass,

so the next day you have the receipt yet the joint says you didnt buy it there the day before,

1 hour ago, canoden said:

The address was the same. But, the items on the list weren’t purchased from them yesterday

How could they conclude the receipt was theirs yet be sure you didnt buy the items there?, so had you been desiring a refund would they have turned you down?

My biggest hurdle with cases like these are they always happened years back and memory is failable and even though the alleged event is important enough to the person to still be thinking about it now at the time nothing was researched and it was a non event,

Someone who claims to have had the same experence doesnt make either case true nor does it explain it, the case i posted is similar.

I go to walmart almost daily and within hours of the same time graveyard shift i know the staff, ( i believe you said you also knew staff ) in my case several by name and sometimes we shoot the breeze, if i went tonight even with all my "issues" and not one worker i recognize was there, and they didnt know of the employees i named and the store layout was different etc, I would likely go into heavy nervious stress, drdp perhaps panic, but what i wouldn't do is blow it off with no reaserch, my OCD would force me to get to the bottom of it.

If i had a receipt from the odd night and the next night things are back to normal but i was told that while my receipt reflected that store the items werent bought there, I would say please explain how you conclude that, I would press the issue.

I would ask to see the videos from the night before, the receipt would have my visits time on it, if they showed me a video of that time and I'm not in it aside from my tangible proof, the receipt i would likely have a very bad nervious panic episode, feeling like i was in a bad sci fi flick.

In your case the receipt means a lot to me, do you still have it? Sadly its been a few too many years passed to go do much research but not pressing it at the time does confuse me.

So what did you experence? I have no clue.

Possibilities range from making it up, to dreaming it to a very unlikely parallel tangent universe dimensional slip, what do you want it to be? thats about as good an explanation as you will likely ever get, I can respect whatever you believe but i might not share that belief.

Edited by the13bats
added
  • Like 3

if parallel universe exist ?

based on my experience , I concluded that a entity can travel between parallel universe , Only if that entity is a constant .

a constant entity is a entity that no change in any parallel universe .

• Like 1

Sounds like Deja Vu. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What is deja vu. Further reading.

I feel Like I've read this before....

Welcome to UM @canoden I hope you find the answers you seek.

28 minutes ago, kobolds said:

if parallel universe exist ?

based on my experience , I concluded that a entity can travel between parallel universe , Only if that entity is a constant .

a constant entity is a entity that no change in any parallel universe .

How very Donnie darko

• Like 2

I really do find this topic very mind engaging, it's not as played out for me as aliens,ghosts,bigfoot,

In this version he has a peach pit.

Seems most of these cases are in the past relying on memory which just isn't a reliable source, about 20 years back after years of being on benzos for nervious problems they really were just a band aid and turned on me, made me sick.

I took a year to get off them, relapsed but after about 14 months i was clean that was a very hellish 14 months very odd hard to always know what was what and question a lot of things,

i haven't taken any chemicals for nervious problems in 20 years, I have tried with mixed results herbal treatments, mostly i just try to deal with it, my coping skills improved.

So about 5 years ago i had a fairly vivid dream, it wasn't anything that couldnt have happened in real life, wasnt evil or epic just not my normal life,

After that I felt a few times this dream repeat, so if my nerves are messing with me just right and im all overtired dreamy headed that old odd dreams memory doesnt seem like a dream but rather the memory of a real event,  and that it happened during my getting off benzos.

I'm very sure it was just a dream but sometimes if i think about it, it's hazy but feels like any other memory of a real event,

I have thought about this way my brain is working, I assume not unique to me, and memory is an odd thing, let's say at lunchtime yesterday you ate a peach, or you napped and dreamed you ate a peach, or you just imagined you ate a peach then a month later how do you really know which is what really took place?

Me i would go hunting the peach pit in my waste bin. Lol.

It's seems these stories of slips in time or universe are always based in the memory of them, old, not fresh memories, makes me just think what are they really?

Is it real or Memorex?

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I feel Like I've read this before....

Welcome to UM @canoden I hope you find the answers you seek.

The future ain't what it used to be

IDK what to say to you. Batman. I lack any confusion over what I have dreamed versus waking life, so perhaps the suffering you went through with the bennies has caused you some harm. IDK. 

My time slip/ odd experience happened maybe 15 years ago while driving along the only highway toward a town nearby to get to Walmart. Only one road out. One of my God kids was with me and as we drove through the tiny, one block town, on the edge of town we saw about four or five small old wood houses in a row, one with a nice porch out front, all with for sale by owner signs in the windows. This is very strange for this area, as it is remote, tiny, and everyone is old family around here. Property is usually sold by word of mouth still.

I had not been here long, he was staying the summer to help me finish moving in and settle in and spend some time teaching him some things he came over from the UK to learn from me now I was retired and had time. 

So, we saw these houses and I slowed down and we noted they were just outside of town, east of the Assembly of God Church. Next to it, between it and the town proper basically and I drove on as we talked about them. I was interested in finding a small house like those for my parents to buy and move over from Florida to be closer, as they were older then and we were sick of hurricanes demolishing our places and rising insurance costs. We decided to have a paper and pen ready and write down the number on the signs and call it on our way back. 

Of course, you know the obvious ending. We came back and there was no houses. Church was there, there is only one assembly of God at all here. Next to it was a huge open lot with one huge brick house on it. Then the town proper. Not split into five house lots anymore. We drove back and forth several times. There is no other place it coulda been. You leave town, drive that one road for many miles, hit the larger one with Wally Mart in it. Town has 2 roads to traverse it, one east west, one north south. No getting lost. Nowhere else those houses had been not much more than an hour before.

In the end all I could say to him was I was thankful he was there and I had a witness for that weirdness. He was truly tripped out himself. 

Times without a witness, I do not bother to retell. This one I repeat just because I feel like it. Not deja vu, and not me dreaming somehow ow whatever. Niral was beside me, he saw it for himself. To this day, neither of us have an answer for the houses that weren't.

It has happened more around here than anywhere else I have ever lived, and I don't bother or care to explain it. I don't dwell on it or care if others believe me. No clue what it is, I simply don't know. But, I have learned over my few years that I don't have to know everything. Maybe before the brick house was built there were old shacks there. Maybe not. I don't care. 

Just another oddity in the matrix or something.

• Like 2

Very interesting @canoden     I've heard enough stories like this over the years. 'Glitch in the Matrix' some call it. Time jump, future or back.

Did the store used to be laid out in the different way you saw it? Interesting to check if will be laid out differently as you saw it and naturally different people in the future?

Alternate timeline theory? I think somehow you are allowed to see how different decisions or events would have caused things to play out differently. Somehow you may have saw an alternate timeline.

I am a believer in the Mandela Effect too from personal experience. This is where some people claim to have different memories that they hold to be valid memories but the facts conflict with the current official reality. It's easy to say bad memory until you've experienced it with so many others and really start to study claims. I shared on this forum what I hold to be an impossible event with a known Mandela Effect with an America cartoon (The Flintstones).

I now believe the universe and reality is consciousness created and not actually physically created so things we would normally call 'impossible' in a straightforward physically created universe happen!

Edited by papageorge1

And (as usual) I will just say that it a great pity that (as usual) once the OP began to sense something was awry, s/he didn't get the ol' phone camera out and record what happened....

Gosh darn.

But please post that receipt, OP, and we'll start up an investigation via Sainsbury's sales account department...  Or you should take the items back and demand a refund - I'd love to see footage of that and how they deny selling them in the face of a genuine receipt..

In other words, sorry, not buying this for a minute.

• Thanks 1

Personally, I;d have taken the lift ;)  

But in any case, i am curious as to what was bought that the staff were able to state so categorically hadn't been sold from their store?   Bearing in mind we're talking a supermarket selling food and household goods to thousands of people a day.   And obviously staff work shifts so aren't there all day long.   Something doesn't quite ring true here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How exactly does a grocery worker look at a receipt and say you didn't buy this stuff here last night? Who keeps a grocery receipt on them from the previous day? And you went around and interviewed every employee that night to see who they know?

Not buying it. Having vertigo in an elevator and talking to a confused/unhelpful employee, sure, but not the rest of it.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

On 10/14/2019 at 10:36 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

IDK what to say to you. Batman. I lack any confusion over what I have dreamed versus waking life, so perhaps the suffering you went through with the bennies has caused you some harm. IDK

I know its a dream, my point was it feels different more real in memory, yes, the benzos did harm my health.

• Sad 1

On 10/14/2019 at 11:57 PM, papageorge1 said:

I shared on this forum what I hold to be an impossible event with a known Mandela Effect with an America cartoon (The Flintstones

Please share it i was a huge Flintstones fan, I wanna see how it hits me.

22 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

In other words, sorry, not buying this for a minute

I was smoother than you were...this time.:D

15 hours ago, moonman said:

Not buying it. Having vertigo in an elevator and talking to a confused/unhelpful employee, sure, but not the rest of it.

You mean basically all my life I have not been having time jumps to tangent universes when i get a nervious jarring from my inner ear issues when i ride in an elevator? Bummer.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

On Aug 2, 2017 at about 16:40 EST, I was on reddit discussing the Flinstones/Flintstones flip on another thread. My position was that it is and always was the Flintstones. The guy sent me a reply saying at the time it was the Flinstones you could look at Wikipedia, and all official TV show and vitamin sites and it was always Flintstones; he used the word Flintstones in all four examples given.

I said 'I Know' you are confirming my point that it was always Flintstones.

Then when I was done with my reply and I looked up at his original post and all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'. Did I just see it wrong?? I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus looked back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously for this controversial 't' IN ALL FOUR PLACES. Essentially impossible to me that I made a mistake slowly and cautiously each time. I felt something was trying to wake me up.

30 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Bats, because we're buddies I'll give you even another:

Go to google and do a search on Pebbles Flintstone. You'll probably get a screen with a side box to the right that looks something like this.  Pebbles Flintstones side box spelled correctly.

There was a time when the side box showed the mysterious flip/flop spelling of Pebbles Flinstones. I actually have a screen capture from that timeframe when the flip/flop was active. Pebbles Flinstones side box.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

Oh, I see what you are saying but thought you remembered something in an episode that didnt really happen.

I had a similar experience with pumpkin/punpkin/punkin and hamster/hampster

In my case it was word play from their end and my brain getting scrambled.