Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did I slip into a parallel universe?

canoden

Most likely you got somehow confused, but I understand how the "feeling are real". Up to this day I have 1 day missing from memory, its been over 30years, but I remember "skipping" a day to his day,but then again I also know I was a toddler.

3 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Most likely you got somehow confused, but I understand how the "feeling are real". Up to this day I have 1 day missing from memory, its been over 30years, but I remember "skipping" a day to his day,but then again I also know I was a toddler.

If you can't recall the day how do you know its missing :D

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Oh, I see what you are saying but thought you remembered something in an episode that didnt really happen.

I had a similar experience with pumpkin/punpkin/punkin and hamster/hampster

In my case it was word play from their end and my brain getting scrambled.

No, one of the biggies in the Mandela Effect world is the spelling flip/flop of Flintstones/Flinstones.

A large untold number were experiencing this before I even knew about it.

The universe is not what we think, bats:o  We all know about common spelling errors too like you are talking about. This is something totally different.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:34 AM, canoden said:

But, when I got there I didn’t recognize anybody. I thought maybe they all took a day off or something. I asked the new guys where they were and they said they never heard of them and that they have been working there for a long time. (...)

Go visit a neurologist instead of looking for explanations here.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No, one of the biggies in the Mandela Effect world is the spelling flip/flop of Flintstones/Flinstones.

A large untold number were experiencing this before I even knew about it.

The universe is not what we think, bats:o  We all know about common spelling errors too like you are talking about. This is something totally different.

Yikes! You worded that 100% besides "bats" the same as john keel.

So im all drdp, jet lagged, tired and thought could my memory of the definition of the Mandela effect be an iconic example of it?

No, it means in basic form "remembering something incorrectly", then i see where it has taken on some proof of tangent universes to a group i guess like flat earthers and their half baked theory.

While i hope you do post your Flintstones screenshot im never gonna view a net search misspell as proof of a tangent universe, the mind memory is very failable, I've experenced this many times, it just proves i can't trust memory.

makes you wonder at times..

for me its willy wonka and the chocolate factory.. and the chicken's head getting cut off.. now i have seen this movie many times over the years.. (love the movie) but when i saw it the first half a dozen times.. there was no chicken getting its head cut off.. I am the kind of guy that picks out odd things in movies.. eg when I first saw star wars (yes the original star wars) I pointed out to my sisters about the storm trooper bumping his head.. a lot of things in the back ground etc I see.. but I kid you not.. there was no chicken having its head cut off when I saw the movie as a kid.. as a teenager and as a adult.. I only found out about it a few years ago.. 

could be that I just missed it so many times.. or.. did I slip from one reality to another.. 

makes you think doesnt it.. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Makes some think, yes.

I have no conclusion to offer, but, I no longer suppose we know as much as we think we do. I have seen too many things that cannot be explained without going to more mental gyrations than simply letting it be what it was and moving on. Occasionally, I find an explanation that is sensible later, other things, maybe I just have not lived long enough to sort it yet :) 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

makes you wonder at times..

for me its willy wonka and the chocolate factory.. and the chicken's head getting cut off.. now i have seen this movie many times over the years.. (love the movie) but when i saw it the first half a dozen times.. there was no chicken getting its head cut off.. I am the kind of guy that picks out odd things in movies.. eg when I first saw star wars (yes the original star wars) I pointed out to my sisters about the storm trooper bumping his head.. a lot of things in the back ground etc I see.. but I kid you not.. there was no chicken having its head cut off when I saw the movie as a kid.. as a teenager and as a adult.. I only found out about it a few years ago.. 

could be that I just missed it so many times.. or.. did I slip from one reality to another.. 

I love that film and always thought the chicken head scene was over the top for it, isnt that what cues mike teevees mom to say she's gonna be sick?

I have seen that film so many times i wouldn't honestly be able to say i recall it missing, here in the USA in the 70s it would play a lot around year end holidays and that split second of chicken could have been censored,

Last time I saw it on tv it had the whole "cheer up Charlie" song and other parts cut.

I have my own in jaws, I recall hopper showing more of Chrissys remains during the autopsy, to further fuel it even lucus says the scene was edited shorter by changing audio, he says nothing of video, but my memory could have been part of that edit/cut, there was even a forum out of the UK where people were saying they recall it as i do and others calling them wrong,  weird.

The problem, I can't find a grain of proof, so for now i file it as a very annoying false memory

On 10/15/2019 at 9:34 AM, canoden said:

I showed them the receipt and they were shocked. The address was the same. But, the items on the list weren’t purchased from them yesterday.

The date was what ? The right date for yesterday ? I assume the only reason they'd be able to immediately say that they were not purchased yesterday, would be the date on the receipt.

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

No, it means in basic form "remembering something incorrectly", then i see where it has taken on some proof of tangent universes to a group i guess like flat earthers and their half baked theory.

No, the Mandela Effect is a more than "remembering something incorrectly". I am saying I have correct memories of things that contradict other things in today's reality. Yes, that is what would be called 'impossible but true' in our normal understanding of reality.

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

While i hope you do post your Flintstones screenshot im never gonna view a net search misspell as proof of a tangent universe, the mind memory is very failable, I've experenced this many times, it just proves i can't trust memory.

If you notice I am not calling 'tangent universe' as there could be other explanations. I am saying I believe the Mandela Effect exists as more than memory error but I have not here offered an explanation like 'tangent universe'. I more think reality is 'consciousness created' more than 'physically created' so things that would be 'impossible' in a physically created universe are possible. 

You said you are jet-lagged, eh. I already posted a screen shot to you in post #24.

17 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No, the Mandela Effect is a more than "remembering something incorrectly". I am saying I have correct memories of things that contradict other things in today's reality. Yes, that is what would be called 'impossible but true' in our normal understanding of reality.

If you notice I am not calling 'tangent universe' as there could be other explanations. I am saying I believe the Mandela Effect exists as more than memory error but I have not here offered an explanation like 'tangent universe'. I more think reality is 'consciousness created' more than 'physically created' so things that would be 'impossible' in a physically created universe are possible. 

You said you are jet-lagged, eh. I already posted a screen shot to you in post #24.

In other words you're a solipsist with bad memory? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

In other words you're a solipsist with bad memory? 

More like you are an angry and unhappy person with a depressing attitude.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

More like you are an angry and unhappy person with a depressing attitude.

That is not an answer. So by all means actually answer the question that I have presented. If you wish for antagonism I'm game, but let us try to keep this civil shall we. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

That is not an answer. So by all means actually answer the question that I have presented. If you wish for antagonism I'm game, but let us try to keep this civil shall we. 

Ohhhh, so your question was presented in a non-antagonistic spirit then?

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Ohhhh, so your question was presented in a non-antagonistic spirit then?

Are you going to answer? Because if you are a solipsist, then no one and nothing exist outside of your consciousness. If this is your belief then how can you trust your own memory? Also, if no one exist but you. Then perhaps I am just a part of your subconscious trying to tell you something. See George. It is not that difficult. 

So. Can you answer? Are you intentionally looking for confrontation with me? Your call. I'm giving you a chance to actually explain yourself.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Are you going to answer? Because if you are a solipsist, then no one and nothing exist outside of your consciousness. If this is your belief then how can you trust your own memory? Also, if no one exist but you. Then perhaps I am just a part of your subconscious trying to tell you something. See George. It is not that difficult. 

So. Can you answer? Are you intentionally looking for confrontation with me? Your call. I'm giving you a chance to actually explain yourself.

From Wikipedia:

Solipsism (/ˈsɒlɪpsɪzəm/ ; from Latin solus, meaning 'alone', and ipse, meaning 'self') is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind.

Papa is not a solopist

Then why do you hold that all is consciousness? Because either you are the dreamer and this world is an illusion or you are a dream entity created by a dreamer. From how you express your beliefs it does indeed sound like you are a solipsist. 

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

If you can't recall the day how do you know its missing :D

Simple, because I remeber that the day missing in particular was a wednesday, I remember people talking about stuff that hapened in the day before where I supposedely was part of yet I dont remember a thing, I also remember insisting that it was wednesday and eveery one was saying it was tuesday.

4 hours ago, godnodog said:

Simple, because I remeber that the day missing in particular was a wednesday, I remember people talking about stuff that hapened in the day before where I supposedely was part of yet I dont remember a thing, I also remember insisting that it was wednesday and eveery one was saying it was tuesday.

A toddler who's aware of the day of week being Wednesday?  I screw that up all the time as an adult.  Oh well, it must be a Thursday - I hate Thursdays...

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

A toddler who's aware of the day of week being Wednesday?  I screw that up all the time as an adult.  Oh well, it must be a Thursday - I hate Thursdays...

This reminds me of a yahoo group that was run by Starfire Tor (don't know her real name) and she posted once that her computer had the wrong day of the week for the date, but it was the wrong year.  She was using that as her proof of a time slip.  I pointed out that it was the wrong year and she banned me from her group.  :lol: :alien:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Then why do you hold that all is consciousness? Because either you are the dreamer and this world is an illusion or you are a dream entity created by a dreamer. From how you express your beliefs it does indeed sound like you are a solipsist. 

In my Advaita Vedanta philosophy (non-dualism), there is only One Consciousness/God/Brahman and our core is that. The universe is a play/drama of Consciousness/God/Brahman in which a spark/wave of Consciousness/God/Brahman temporarily experiences through finite forms. The wave inevitably returns back to the ocean. It takes some time to grasp what this philosophy is saying.   

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

In my Advaita Vedanta philosophy (non-dualism), there is only One Consciousness/God/Brahman and our core is that. The universe is a play/drama of Consciousness/God/Brahman in which a spark/wave of Consciousness/God/Brahman temporarily experiences through finite forms. The wave inevitably returns back to the ocean. It takes some time to grasp what this philosophy is saying.   

Where did the Consciousness/God/Brahman originate and how?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, joc said:

Where did the Consciousness/God/Brahman originate and how?

That is a mystery. Why is there anything or a fundamental? Does the concept of ‘originate’ even make sense in reference to the timeless?

Edited by papageorge1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

So is there a universal subconscious, id, ego, super-ego, libido, even unconscious? 

Sounds too much like anthropomorphising the universe. 

17 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Yeah, I saw where some want to make the Mandela effect some paranormal something another, zero proof its anything other than

You are correct im jet lagged, not really I didnt fly just my way of saying i feel the way people who do fly describe it, I've not been sleeping well or the right times,

I checked # 24, i grasp it now, saw the link, but how in the world does that prove or even suggest anything other than a misspelled word on a net search  in fact its only spelled wrong in the header when it starts describing pebbles Flintstones is spelled correctly, so all i see is you grabbed proof of a misspelling,

A misspell is super common and nothing epic nor is remembering it misspelled or corrected.

What i want is hum, um lets say a person recalls "Jiffy" peanut butter, of course there never was a jiffy, it was "jif".

So the person recalls 23 years ago planted in their basement eating a jar of "jiffy".

They even recall tossing the jar in their well, so if that old jar is there with a "jiffy" label then i might just get really interested, ( unless it's a knock off from a dollar store )

but to say oh the label phased or whatever back to "jif", I will just roll my eyes that a true believer will always grasp and I will move on.

Pg i think you just want to make more of bad memory and poor spelling than it deserves.