Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did I slip into a parallel universe?

canoden

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So is there a universal subconscious, id, ego, super-ego, libido, even unconscious? 

Sounds too much like anthropomorphising the universe. 

One cosmic consciousness is held to be the direct experience of the Self-Realized/God-Realized/Brahman-Realized masters/gurus/rishis/mysics. They hold it is not 'theoretical' for them.

23 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Pg i think you just want to make more of bad memory and poor spelling than it deserves.

Bats, and I think you once again want to disregard a phenomena that doesn't fit your worldview. You are free to do that.

Bats, my first Flintstones flip/flop story I presented in this thread is just one of many reasons why I feel it is more than bad memory and bad spelling. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Bats, and I think you once again want to disregard a phenomena that doesn't fit your worldview. You are free to do that.

Bats, my first Flintstones flip/flop story I presented in this thread is just one of many reasons why I feel it is more than bad memory and bad spelling. 

You can unfurror your brow, unclinch your teeth and unball your quivering fists, I assure you that spelling errors and bad memory has no bearing what so ever on my worldview, and spelling errors and bad memory are so common and mundane i can't even call them a phenomenon.

You keep saying more to it but don't go into what, perhaps you really don't have more to offer.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:
  9 hours ago, joc said:

Where did the Consciousness/God/Brahman originate and how?

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That is a mystery. Why is there anything or a fundamental? Does the concept of ‘originate’ even make sense in reference to the timeless?

There is no Timeless.  That's the point.  You are staking  your claims and beliefs on...There is no 'originate' ...there is only Timeless Consciousness that has always been and will always be.  There is no mystery.   Consciousness has a very definite beginning....and that very definite beginning is when Life erupts spontaneously on a Planet in the Universe where all the elements of the universe are uniquely 'right' to allow for that spontaneous expansion of Life.  Life is the beginning of consciousness and without life there is no consciousness.  There is no mystery.  You create the mystery your own self by attempting to pound square blocks into round holes of thought process.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joc said:

There is no Timeless.  That's the point.  You are staking  your claims and beliefs on...There is no 'originate' ...there is only Timeless Consciousness that has always been and will always be.  There is no mystery.   Consciousness has a very definite beginning....and that very definite beginning is when Life erupts spontaneously on a Planet in the Universe where all the elements of the universe are uniquely 'right' to allow for that spontaneous expansion of Life.  Life is the beginning of consciousness and without life there is no consciousness.  There is no mystery.  You create the mystery your own self by attempting to pound square blocks into round holes of thought process.

Well, above you are presenting the classic materialist view of reality.

From my decades of consideration of the paranormal, psychic, spiritual, mystical, etc. I am personally 100% convinced 'materialism' as a final worldview can not be correct. And I look to others I hold more advanced in their insight than me to tell me of this 'more'.

And never the twain shall meet.

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

You keep saying more to it but don't go into what, perhaps you really don't have more to offer.

Did you read my Flintstones flip/flop narrative I posted (not the one with Pebbles in it). 

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Did you read my Flintstones flip/flop narrative I posted (not the one with Pebbles in it). 

Yes, but i still dont see it as anything other than mundane,

Just now, the13bats said:

Yes, but i still dont see it as anything other than mundane,

So be it for you. The Papameter is at 99% True Abnormal for me.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

So be it for you. The Papameter is at 99% True Abnormal for me.

That's really too bad...

On 10/15/2019 at 12:34 AM, canoden said:

Something strange happened back in 2013. I used to live in a studio apartment in London. I was studying at a university during that time. There was a Sainsbury’s nearby where I would get my groceries. I used to go there frequently so I knew the people who worked there.

So, one day I was heading to Sainsbury as usual. It was the evening time. I exited my apartment and got on the elevator. While I was on the elevator I experienced something weird which is really hard to explain. It was like a jump cut but in the same spot. I also remember experiencing jet lag and motion sickness. I went to Sainsbury anyway. But, when I got there I didn’t recognize anybody. I thought maybe they all took a day off or something. I asked the new guys where they were and they said they never heard of them and that they have been working there for a long time.

I was really confused. I still am to this day. After getting what I needed I went back to my apartment. I got on the elevator and the same thing happened again. The next day I went to Sainsbury’s again and saw the old faces. I asked them if they were here yesterday evening and they said yes. And, that they didn't remember seeing me here. I showed them the receipt and they were shocked. The address was the same. But, the items on the list weren’t purchased from them yesterday.

You know, there are so many people with weird experiences (myself included) that its a shame there isn't an Oracle somewhere we could put all our stories into so they can be investigated for patterns.

As far as I`m concerned scientists dont currently know how reality actually works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

From my decades of consideration of the paranormal, psychic, spiritual, mystical, etc. I am personally 100% convinced 'materialism' as a final worldview can not be correct. And I look to others I hold more advanced in their insight than me to tell me of this 'more'.

And such is the way of the Woo Faithful...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

You're a prime example of belief perseverance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Back to the OP's question, I had an instance of something that happened one time that not only I witnessed but others that were waiting for us also witnessed.  I thought I had posted this here in UM a long time ago but it must've only been in Reddit.  I'm short on time so I will just copy and paste the experience here:

This happened back in 1994. I was with my ex-girlfriend and we were traveling to Austin from South Texas to see some relatives of hers that lived on the outskirts of the city. It was raining heavily that night but she knew where she was going and we could see clearly enough through the windshield that we made it to the apartment complex however we could not find the relatives car nor the C building where their apartment was located. We went around the complex several times, slowly, and we saw A, B and then D buildings but could not find C. After about the 20th time circling the complex, she finally said, "I think I see his Mustang!" I saw a Mustang ahead that wasn't there before any of the times that we had circled around. Once we rounded a corner, there was the C building. We just looked at each other like, "What is this???" We saw the apartment where the relative lived and they were standing by the door waving. Once we parked, she asked her relative, "Did you guys leave? Where were you?" I heard the relative say, "I've been waiting here by the door for about 30 minutes in case you got lost, we didn't go anywhere." I was never able to figure out what happened that night but at least I've got a witness that saw what I saw. We literally went around and around the same few buildings until the right one popped up out of nowhere.

I can take into consideration that it was dark and raining and a strange place (strange as in new) to me, but my gf at the time knew the area and the apartment complex well.  We went directly there without getting lost and it wasn't until we spotted the car on that last go round that they saw us and that was by then 9 or 10 times circling the buildings.

In the Reddit story, I say 20 times but I think it just felt that way, it was more like 10 times because it very slow circling.

Maybe we're all already in the parallel universe and the other one is a normal universe but that would make the other one our parallel  and our parallel would then be our normal but then ........

• Haha 1

There is a war memorial here in my home town (a statue of a British soldier) and several times I have seen it had changed into a German soldier.  On three occasions I walked by and something in my mind told me it was different, and I glanced at the statue and saw it had changed into a German soldier with full German uniform, helmet. and backpack, and I did the double-look (turn and glance at it and then looking away, and then quickly look back to make sure I saw what I thought I saw) and the statue had changed back to normal again.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Haha 1

Odd... I'm not very knowledgeable about parallel universes or anything of that sort, however that's a strange experience. If you'd only had testimony to nobody knowing you, I'd be unconvinced, but the odd feeling and nausea adds to the wonder. 

Also, how vividly do you remember it? Like a clear memory or are the details fuzzy?

2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

There is a war memorial here in my home town (a statue of a British soldier) and several times I have seen it had changed into a German soldier.  On three occasions I walked by and something in my mind told me it was different, and I glanced at the statue and saw it had changed into a German soldier with full German uniform, helmet. and backpack, and I did the double-look (turn and glance at it and then looking away, and then quickly look back to make sure I saw what I thought I saw) and the statue had changed back to normal again.

Interesting, you have noticed some things changing too.

Can you comment more on what state of mind you were in when it happened? Tired? Day dreaming? In a trance or focused state of mind? Have you noticed cars changing colour when you look away and turn back? I get that one all the time.

22 hours ago, Mantis914 said:

Back to the OP's question, I had an instance of something that happened one time that not only I witnessed but others that were waiting for us also witnessed.  I thought I had posted this here in UM a long time ago but it must've only been in Reddit.  I'm short on time so I will just copy and paste the experience here:

This happened back in 1994. I was with my ex-girlfriend and we were traveling to Austin from South Texas to see some relatives of hers that lived on the outskirts of the city. It was raining heavily that night but she knew where she was going and we could see clearly enough through the windshield that we made it to the apartment complex however we could not find the relatives car nor the C building where their apartment was located. We went around the complex several times, slowly, and we saw A, B and then D buildings but could not find C. After about the 20th time circling the complex, she finally said, "I think I see his Mustang!" I saw a Mustang ahead that wasn't there before any of the times that we had circled around. Once we rounded a corner, there was the C building. We just looked at each other like, "What is this???" We saw the apartment where the relative lived and they were standing by the door waving. Once we parked, she asked her relative, "Did you guys leave? Where were you?" I heard the relative say, "I've been waiting here by the door for about 30 minutes in case you got lost, we didn't go anywhere." I was never able to figure out what happened that night but at least I've got a witness that saw what I saw. We literally went around and around the same few buildings until the right one popped up out of nowhere.

I can take into consideration that it was dark and raining and a strange place (strange as in new) to me, but my gf at the time knew the area and the apartment complex well.  We went directly there without getting lost and it wasn't until we spotted the car on that last go round that they saw us and that was by then 9 or 10 times circling the buildings.

That reminds me of losing my keys, looking for them in the same place 20 times, then finding them there on the 21st,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Interesting, you have noticed some things changing too.

Can you comment more on what state of mind you were in when it happened? Tired? Day dreaming? In a trance or focused state of mind? Have you noticed cars changing colour when you look away and turn back? I get that one all the time.

Just casually walking to the local shops and out with the dog at weekends.  I glanced over at the statue as I walked by and my heart jumped as I looked away and then looked back at it, and saw it back to normal again.  I don't recall any cars that changed colour, but I remember strolling in the countryside on my own and seeing a vintage car that was coming down the road towards me from behind and when I looked back again the car was gone.  My house faces the Irish sea, and there were two occasions when I looked out of the window and saw a large 1930's style passenger ship in the distance, and when I glanced back it was gone.  Guess my eyes were just playing tricks.  About 9 years ago I worked at the city hospital and was walking down a long corridor between the morgue and the maternity unit and I heard a woman's footsteps walking up fast behind me.  I stood to one side, and waited for her to overtake me in the corridor, but when I turned around there was nobody there.  Guess my hearing was playing tricks on me.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Just casually walking to the local shops and out with the dog at weekends.  I glanced over at the statue as I walked by and my heart jumped as I looked away and then looked back at it, and saw it back to normal again.  I don't recall any cars that changed colour, but I remember strolling in the countryside on my own and seeing a vintage car that was coming down the road towards me from behind and when I looked back again the car was gone.  My house faces the Irish sea, and there were two occasions when I looked out of the window and saw a large 1930's style passenger ship in the distance, and when I glanced back it was gone.  Guess my eyes were just playing tricks.  About 9 years ago I worked at the city hospital and was walking down a long corridor between the morgue and the maternity unit and I heard a woman's footsteps walking up fast behind me.  I stood to one side, and waited for her to overtake me in the corridor, but when I turned around there was nobody there.  Guess my hearing was playing tricks on me.

Its not tricks, its real, this happens to me too!

And once someone has had their attention drawn to this phenomenon they notice it is going on quite a lot. It seems like reality has its fixed areas and its areas open to alteration. And it seems to involve where our conscious attention is focused too.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

You would probably enjoy Connie Willis novels Blackout and All Clear about WW2 and time travel. 

• Like 1