Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's Republican support is cracking

Unusual Tournament

Oh DEAR... is the sky fawlin' again?  :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, and then said:

Oh DEAR... is the sky fawlin' again?  

No, the sky is not falling, its just the sun shining on another day.

As many of his supporters have said, the President loves the challenges of conflict and chaos and twisting the Left in knots.  It is just more of the same.

He has twisted up all of those Midwestern Lefty farmers so much that they don't believe him when he says again that he got another great deal,  This time, maybe it is true and maybe not, but he has exaggerated or lied so many times, disbelief is setting in.  A great deal that takes place next season will see fewer farmers.

He has twisted up all of the Lefty coal miners so often, they are ceasing to believe coal will ever come back.

He has twisted up all of those lazy lefty middle class louts who worked hard for 50 years and heard him say Trump health care will be better and cheaper than Obama care.  They are still waiting for it and seeing drug companies and insurance companies get richer and richer.

He defeated the Lefty witch hunt, but it seems Rudy the ghoul wanders out of the Ukrainian graveyard dragging more trouble.  

Now he is twisting the tail of the Lefty military.  Honor is for saps, you guys have profit potential.  I wonder how Lefty soldiers feel about being mercenaries for the same pay as being patriots.  Defending ARAMCO, the richest corporation in the world for a couple thousand dollars a month seems like great duty.  Maybe a prince will drive by in a Lamborghini and wave.

And a few of those Lefty Republican senators may not have liked being called pompous a** or whatever and wonder how they will vote.  More importantly they are watching the polls and wondering which way leads to reelection.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Why are you people always trying to spoil our fun? It's like you want to get rid of the big orange genius. :( 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

No, the sky is not falling, its just the sun shining on another day.

As many of his supporters have said, the President loves the challenges of conflict and chaos and twisting the Left in knots.  It is just more of the same.

He has twisted up all of those Midwestern Lefty farmers so much that they don't believe him when he says again that he got another great deal,  This time, maybe it is true and maybe not, but he has exaggerated or lied so many times, disbelief is setting in.  A great deal that takes place next season will see fewer farmers.

He has twisted up all of the Lefty coal miners so often, they are ceasing to believe coal will ever come back.

He has twisted up all of those lazy lefty middle class louts who worked hard for 50 years and heard him say Trump health care will be better and cheaper than Obama care.  They are still waiting for it and seeing drug companies and insurance companies get richer and richer.

He defeated the Lefty witch hunt, but it seems Rudy the ghoul wanders out of the Ukrainian graveyard dragging more trouble.  

Now he is twisting the tail of the Lefty military.  Honor is for saps, you guys have profit potential.  I wonder how Lefty soldiers feel about being mercenaries for the same pay as being patriots.  Defending ARAMCO, the richest corporation in the world for a couple thousand dollars a month seems like great duty.  Maybe a prince will drive by in a Lamborghini and wave.

And a few of those Lefty Republican senators may not have liked being called pompous a** or whatever and wonder how they will vote.  More importantly they are watching the polls and wondering which way leads to reelection.

That was very poetically written. What, though, was the point you were trying to make? I presume it was with satiric intent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I don't wonder at all.  The calculus is reduced to basic math, you guys just get too butt hurt to admit what you intuitively KNOW the outcome will be.  Fighter pilots in WWII had a mantra - "an airspeed never less than 300 MPH is good life insurance"  With Trump it's more like "approval polling that stays out of the 20s will guarantee the necessary cowardice of the Senators who'd otherwise LOVE to get rid of him"

While the MSM zombies are still able to be wound up by the daily news stories that THIS TIME, oh boy...we've GOT 'IM!, the strategists in the Dem's war room know the odds of removing him are infinitesimally small.  His base is a solid 40%.  NO president ever gets removed with that kind of support.  I believe the Dems are approaching Impeachment like I buy lottery tickets.  You just never know for sure.

I'm convinced that their primary goal for indulging in behavior that the majority of Americans are disdainful of is that they know they're going to need a shiny, loud distraction in a few weeks and Impeachment being choreographed and televised like a political knife-fight is their effort in that regard.

Funny thing, even if ONLY Fox or OAN report on Barr and Durham's progress after Horowitz' report is cleaned up for publication, enough of the information will get into the public consciousness to refocus the bread eaters at the circus.  I don't think that media efforts to act as if an indictment doesn't exist or isn't accepted as valid, will actually cause the legal process to be curtailed or even impaired.  Time will tell.  

I'm curious though, do you still feel the D's are justified in their approach to this investigation?  The idea that it would ever be okay in America for even an average person to be tried in secret without the ability to hear all the evidence of the prosecutor BEFORE a verdict is rendered in the court of public opinion or to have representatives depose witnesses under oath just boggles my mind.  Anyone who says yeah, that'd be totally okay if it were happening to ME, is a LIAR.  And a bad one at that.  They aren't going to get away with the Schit inquisition.  Not gonna happen.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

That was very poetically written. What, though, was the point you were trying to make? I presume it was with satiric intent 

What? Don't you recognize clever spin when you read it?  You need to pay better attention.  I'll translate for you this time...it says:  Orange man BAD, sky is fawlin :w00t:

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm curious though, do you still feel the D's are justified in their approach to this investigation?  The idea that it would ever be okay in America for even an average person to be tried in secret without the ability to hear all the evidence of the prosecutor BEFORE a verdict is rendered in the court of public opinion or to have representatives depose witnesses under oath just boggles my mind.  Anyone who says yeah, that'd be totally okay if it were happening to ME, is a LIAR.  And a bad one at that.  They aren't going to get away with the Schit inquisition.  Not gonna happen.

Nobody is being tried in secret. No verdict will be rendered in secret. 

It is not OK to have a trial in secret.  It is OK to gather evidence and conduct business.  Would it be OK with you if the Dems had an observer at every Trump call to make sure it is perfect?

Now personally, I don't think they will find enough stuff to vote for impeachment.  Even if Rudy turns out to be a two timing fortune hunter and the whole thing with Biden was just to remove competition, it would be hard to stick that on Trump.

Your world view is focused on how much irrational hatred the libs have for Trump, and you are right to think that can be irrational and extreme.  I would point out that you have the same disease when it comes to Hillary and Obama.  It seemed like Trey Gowdy did a pretty complete and competent job of investigating Benghazi.  If there were charges and impeachment to be made, that would have been an excellent time to do it.

Get out of politics and look at the country.  If the president can't come through for the middle class, he is going to lose popularity.  You think building a wall if he ever gets it done will be more than theater?  If nothing changes for the middle class, it won't look so good come the next election.

Rallys are great and invigorating.  If he holds one every couple of days until the election and gets 100 done, that is what, 20,000 x 100 = 2 million visible vocal true believers.  Multiply that by ten for the influence they have on their friends and you get 20 million.  If he doesn't do something for the other 40 million that want to see a change, whether he gets impeached or not may not matter.

You are getting wrapped around the axle by politics which we all do, it is an easy trap.  

Hate or love, the question will become is he competent and will he improve America? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I think my point is that if it is up to politicians, Trump may be in office a long time.  If it turns out that his brilliance does not transfer very well to the everyday issues of running a country, it is the voters who may have second thoughts.

But you shouldn't worry.  I doubt he is going anywhere soon.  In fact, it is possible that he may be here until the end.

Nobody can say it wasn't #45 who was digging the deep hole he's being buried in ....

~

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2019 at 7:19 PM, OverSword said:

Things are not looking good for trump. 

There's always one guy who can't take the stress and jumps up out of his foxhole to go running off into no-man's land...

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, hacktorp said:

There's always one guy who can't take the stress and jumps up out of his foxhole to go running off into no-man's land...

Is that me?  I'm a Libertarian, I voted Johnson.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Is that me?  I'm a Libertarian, I voted Johnson.

I'm just razzin' you.

The important question is: which Seattle band were you a member of?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

I'm just razzin' you.

The important question is: which Seattle band were you a member of?

None you're likely to have heard of.  Speed metal band, Assault & Battery.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 6:12 AM, Captain Risky said:

Donald Trump's Republican support is cracking, and impeachment will reveal his real base

But beyond the true believers, the support that Trump needs most in Washington as he faces impeachment hearings is beginning to fragment.Trump desperately needs to hold on to the loyalty of two groups of people: his aides and Republican senators.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-15/donald-trump-support-cracking-impeachment-will-reveal-real-base/11599098

His support is not cracking and I AM his real base...

...oh and all of these people...

Massive Crowd Ahead of Rally In Dallas, Texas

530P-HEAD_-TRUMP-DALLAS-VISIT_00_00_05_13.jpg.85f798f13f1134540b858d2811f93b05.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

None you're likely to have heard of.  Speed metal band, Assault & Battery.

I hadn't heard of them, but the name is pretty good.

My frame of reference is rather outdated...I would have guessed something like The Fabulous Wailers, or a 'newer' band like The Heaters.

*sigh*

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, joc said:

His support is not cracking and I AM his real base...

...oh and all of these people...

Massive Crowd Ahead of Rally In Dallas, Texas

530P-HEAD_-TRUMP-DALLAS-VISIT_00_00_05_13.jpg.85f798f13f1134540b858d2811f93b05.jpg

Looks like fake news, to me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/15/2019 at 1:53 PM, Tatetopa said:

Nobody is being tried in secret. No verdict will be rendered in secret.

You are correct and I stand corrected to the extent that I implied that they were doing anything official.  Let me try again...

What they are doing is calling witnesses in camera and then they are selectively leaking portions of testimony with their own spin attached.  The fact that they will allow no dissent at this stage tells me they have no confidence that they will find sufficient cause to Impeach so this effort of leaking their spin is designed to keep negative headlines in the dailys and hoping they will get feedback they want in the polls.  Even if that feedback is based on material that will be easily rebutted in a trial.  

She won't hold a vote before the whole House either because she knows she couldn't carry it or because she knows the jeopardy she'd cause to her own control of that gavel.  I say let them continue.  No one who supports him now is going to bail on him and once they either decline to draft Articles or once they actually do vote and begin the process, R's will make them look foolish on cross examination of those witnesses they hid.  

IMO, this isn't about Pelosi, Schumer or Nadler thinking they have a chance to remove the president.  This is a last ditch effort to create a diversion from what is rumored to be coming from Durham and Barr.  I expect the wailing and gnashing of teeth to be deafening, soon.  It should be quite the spectacle.  I'll be most interested in Barr's handling of where the trial will be held.  He has to know that if it's held in DC the jury there WILL nullify.  Absolutely no doubt and based on that he should demand a change of venue to a more neutral site.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Looks like fake news, to me.

No...it's actually Tens of Thousands of American Citizens pouring into and around The American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX.  H U G E venue.  I've only been there once...to see the Dallas Mavericks play LA.  Awesome venue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:19 PM, OverSword said:

Things are not looking good for trump. 

You must watch CNN a lot.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hacktorp said:

I hadn't heard of them, but the name is pretty good.

My frame of reference is rather outdated...I would have guessed something like The Fabulous Wailers, or a 'newer' band like The Heaters.

*sigh*

How about Salt and Battery Acid....

3 minutes ago, joc said:

You must watch CNN a lot.  

Nope. Don’t have cable and wouldn’t if I did. You don’t have to be a genius to see that talking to a foreign country about investigating a political rival running against you is completely unethical. It’s even more blatant than  the previous administration spying on associates of trump and worse yet he got caught. Now we discover Bolton leaving is probably related to him objecting to this after repeatedly warning trump away from this behavior. This is political cyanide and if you think they won’t get enough republicans to vote according to laws and morals to impeach you’re wrong because what he did was an abuse of power and impeachable. Support trump all you want, it’s meaningless because you don’t have any say once the impeachment proceedings are underway.

As I said, things are not looking good for trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1