Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Everyone is Biased Professor's Work Reveals

BrooklynGuy

Everyone is biased: Harvard professor’s work reveals we barely know our own minds

Implicit Association Test: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html

Read more: https://www.boston.com/news/science/2013/02/05/everyone-is-biased-harvard-professors-work-reveals-we-barely-know-our-own-minds

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I honestly thought this was a 'yea no ****' kinda thing, but I guess not. Everyone has their own biases. 

I'm biased towards redheads, lately, for instance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Everyone comes to see things through their own presuppositions. The idea anyone is neutral to me is nonsense. 

• Like 6

Same thing was said 127 years ago.

1892 West Virginia newspaper

1892.png

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 4

Like songs being sung from the Robert Anton Wilson song book.

Music to my ears...

Songs like:

Reality Tunnel - the unique individual perceptual framework through which the entire universe is experienced.  As observations are filtered and interpreted into what we see/hear/touch/taste/smell, think about and feel.

Dont fall for BS.  Belief Systems.  Belief is the death of intelligence, of learning.  It provides answers to answerless questions that stops curiosity and exploration.  Suspicion can be functional.  Certainty is preposterous given the nature of the human perceptive process and its individually interpretational nature.

and the all time greatest hit

Naive Realism - the notion that we experience through our human senses, and understand with our mind, the unverse as it is, fully and wholly accurately.  We do not see or hear the world as it is, but as we transduce the signals we recieve in our organ functions.

Of what exists, we perceive but a slim portion of vibrational reality through our senses, and after receiving these signals, our minds then interpret that into our experience of reality.  This process is internal and utterly personal, yet each individual perceptual tunnel will bear hallmarks of similarity along familial and social/tribal conditioning routines.  Naive Realis gives rise to notions of absolute certainty, being the ultimate arbiter of what is true, good, perfect, wrong, evil, vile.  It belies an instinctive ability to know the nature of ultimate right vs wrong and of what is needing to be changed in other's behaviors and nature in order to fix the world of its wrongs.

though... i'm not sure about any of it, Robert assured us, he was not sure... though he was known to have some suspicions.

• Like 4