Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your opinions on the Cash Landrum case

the13bats

I'm going to assume you know this case if not its all over the web,

So i have a few questions, I want to get peoples opinions on it, just to see how people think.

Do you believe it was an alien craft?

Do you believe it was a secret military craft?

Do you believe they saw something mundane and that fueled them to make up a story?

Do you believe they made up the story with no trigger?

On the last 2, do you believe profit was the motive?

Do you believe them that it happened as they said and you have no clue what they saw?

Feel free to add your thoughts but try to attach it to one of my questions.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

Lol, I was too lazy, and i figured if a person doesnt already know this case they likely won't have the more formed opinions im hunting.

I went and skimmed that, you know almost every telling varies a little.

As a gearhead one part always bugs me, the claim the object got the dash to hot when her fingers touched it they melted sunk into it leaving an imprint, that of course we have no pictures of i mean why take a pic of something that odd?

Anyone who has parked a car in the very hot sun knows a dash can get hot enough to burn you but not hot enough to melt if touched, plus think about the degree the burns would be if you did heat a dash so hot that a finger could melt into it...

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IF their story is correct and they saw a craft I am certain it was not alien.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Anyone who has parked a car in the very hot sun knows a dash can get hot enough to burn you but not hot enough to melt if touched, plus think about the degree the burns would be if you did heat a dash so hot that a finger could melt into it...

The wiring harness would burn up. The heater core hoses would melt and there would be antifreeze all over the floor and the Bakelite on the steering wheel would crack apart. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

The wiring harness would burn up. The heater core hoses would melt and there would be antifreeze all over the floor and the Bakelite on the steering wheel would crack apart. 

Right, the fingers would be burnt to the bone,

• Thanks 1

My guess is the government was testing a nuclear powered aircraft and the pilots lost control.

The helicopters showed up to assist and retrieve it in case it crashed. The women and boy were

at the wrong place at the wrong time. They encountered something since their medical condition

went south. If the government compensated them for their injuries, that would be admission of

testing a nuclear craft out on public lands.

Just got a notification from the papameter 

150% paranormal/aliens -50% rationale and logic.

Case closed me thinks!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

I'm going to assume you know this case if not its all over the web,

So i have a few questions, I want to get peoples opinions on it, just to see how people think.

Do you believe it was an alien craft?

Do you believe it was a secret military craft?

Either Or.  Whatever it was,  it was a wounded duck. For certain. Good argument to be made for military.

Do you believe they saw something mundane and that fueled them to make up a story?

Do you believe they made up the story with no trigger?

Make it up??? Come on dude, they went to the hospital and were very very sick with radiation poisoning-like symptoms. Sounds like a strange time to be making up stories. Surely their lives hung in the balance with their ability to tell exactly what happened to help doctors know how to treat them. Why the hell would they lie?? Play jokes on people while they lie there dying?? please.  There is no question they told the truth as best they could.

And nobody accounted for sickness as being due to "mundane" explanations. This takes a serious evaluation.

On the last 2, do you believe profit was the motive?

Ha! I bet the "profits" did no good to poor Betty who remained so sick that she had to shutter her business and eventually die. Profit motive is a ridiculous explanation. These three people got sick from something REAL and they did not do this to themselves. what was it? Well, why not start out listening to witnesses?! There's a novel idea, eh? Beats the crap out of making up the story line that makes one feel good - if you really are interested in getting to the truth.

Do you believe them that it happened as they said and you have no clue what they saw?

Feel free to add your thoughts but try to attach it to one of my questions.

Well these women were able to identify the military choppers involved with the chase-down of that UFO, which I believe was malfunctioning. 

I have no way to clearly seeing this as Alien. But it is clearly real and the military was fully aware of it. Which means we'll never know for sure.

• Haha 1

I'm not a skeptic by any means.  I truly believe that the earth is being engaged by ET beings that come here from places unknown in the most sophisticated and advanced craft, that demonstrate breathtaking abilities.  Some appear identical to us, some smaller and some taller, and some possess ESP abilities, some are benign some are not.  I believe I know partly by my own deduction through case correlation and direct witness testimony why they are here but that is another matter.

I have not read the other posts yet but I will as soon as I have posted this so it will be interesting to see if anyone shares my views on the case.

I believe that the two ladies Betty Cash and Vickie Landrum and the Grandson Colby were the victims of a special USAF project prototype that employed a radioactive fission propulsion system.

In other cases witnesses have apparently suffered very mild exposure symptoms so there is reason to believe that real  ET craft do emit harmful susbtances (Gary Wilcox, Antonio Villas Boas, Stephen Michalak, and the victims in Bob Pratts book 'UFO Danger Zone') but never have I seen this to the degree suffered by Betty, Vickie and Colby.  

The sheer number of helicopters reported further suggests this.  I have to agree though that this is quite a rare case in that the matter is not entirely clear.

Edited by Vaz
Typo
  • Like 2

I've never heard of this case. Just read over the wiki. Strange but more than likely a case of misidentification and embellishment to attempt to get somebody else to cough up money for medical bills. If not just outright lying for the same purpose. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

I've never heard of this case. Just read over the wiki. Strange but more than likely a case of misidentification and embellishment to attempt to get somebody else to cough up money for medical bills. If not just outright lying for the same purpose. 

Inadequate case knowledge.  All 3 suffered effects of radiation sickness.  DYOR

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hawken said:

My guess is the government was testing a nuclear powered aircraft and the pilots lost control.

The helicopters showed up to assist and retrieve it in case it crashed. The women and boy were

at the wrong place at the wrong time. They encountered something since their medical condition

went south. If the government compensated them for their injuries, that would be admission of

testing a nuclear craft out on public lands.

You can't beat a bit of CGI to get a feel for the case.  Also seeing the actual witnesses is helpful.  Go to 7:30

Note particularly theindependent testimony of Detective Sergeant LL Walker at13:45 in the video.

Again corrobotating witnesses prove vital in supporting the victims account.

Edited by Vaz

1 hour ago, Vaz said:

False. They claimed it was radiation sickness.

Only one person showed some symptoms but she had an autoimmune disease called alopecia areata.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_areata

That diagnosis was confirmed at the hospital.

The claims of radiation whatever came not from a doctor but a member of MUFON.

Seems we have a situation of inadequate case knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Were these people radiation poisoned? No. They lived full lives, not possible had they received acute radiation poisoning.

Only one person was hospitalized and biopsies showed that the problem was an autoimmune disease.

Did they get "sunburned" that night? That does not appear to be the case. That seems to be a fabrication dreamed up for the TV show Thats Incredible.

Had there been these circular burns on the skin then the hospital records would have contained that strange type of burn, but the records have no such mention.

Cash and Landrum sure made it obvious that this was a hoax.

Skeptics 101: Look for corroborating EVIDENCE, not for someone to tell the same story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vaz said:

I believe that the two ladies Betty Cash and Vickie Landrum and the Grandson Colby were the victims of a special USAF project prototype that employed a radioactive fission propulsion system.

That system would of outright killed them from gamma ray exposure. The "exhaust" throws out mini nuclear explosions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

False. They claimed it was radiation sickness.

Only one person showed some symptoms but she had an autoimmune disease called alopecia areata.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_areata

That diagnosis was confirmed at the hospital.

The claims of radiation whatever came not from a doctor but a member of MUFON.

Seems we have a situation of inadequate case knowledge.

Here's a pretty good breakdown of the hospital visit. 

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4652 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

Right, the fingers would be burnt to the bone,

Something else just hit me. The silicon layer in the windscreen would "milk up" and she wouldn't be able to see to drive. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Something else just hit me. The silicon layer in the windscreen would "milk up" and she wouldn't be able to see to drive. 

Right, and the heat it would take to melt a car dash soft would have damaged paint, lighter plastic trim and likely just "cooked" betty standing out in it,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I posted this not to discuss this played out case, that discussion is just filler i wanted to see peoples perception of the case and how they present their opinions,

If one reads back over the thread you will notice some just mention facts, piney linked to very good sites which do expose and discuss the many holes in this case like piney and I were doing with the dash being so hot its soft.

His links expose many embelliments, enhancements, whatever one wants to call them,

No, betty cash wasnt a perfectly healthy lady in fact her heart issues were making it hard for her to even hold down a job at her diner,

We also learn not one dr said she/they had radiation poisioning however drs savvy in the field of radiation exposure all agree that if exposed to the degree she would have been she would have died, there isn't magic radiation that exposure doesnt kill you.

If you read back over the thread you will see some replies to my questions are not answers but as much as out right antaginistic and border line veiled personal insults which makes no scense and we see these same people have only done very surface level research on the case, they take a dramatic biased version of the story believe it at face value and defend its correct not only with nothing to collaborate their opinions but even while being shown their information is incorrect. This confirms that for some true believers, that blustering is more important than facts. You do not see so called skeptics getting all emotinal over it.

So back to the case, my personal opinion, the ladies were concerned over earning a living bettys heath was tolling her diner work  it was holiday time money was likely skinny making it more of an issue,  so that seed is there, it would be in most people in that situation.

They do see something, perhaps a plane or perhaps a secret craft who knows i do not believe it was nuclear powered craft leaking radiation it has not been proven by any signs of radiation, claims of radiation poisioning are unsubstanatated, if you have medical docs that prove otherwise please post them.

I also and sadly believe that from that moment on they blamed every hiccup on the alleged event, this may have been in part fueled by a certain ugologist.

We also do have proof that the ladies were wrong, mistaken or making up some stuff many times,

I do not know when or how this became a "for profit" idea but it obvisly did, 20m is a lot of profit for something you can't prove caused your illnesses or that even happened especially when you had pre-existing conditions, a bit like trying to sue Hershey because you had blood sugar issues and after eating a candy bar you have diabetes, but they were claiming something far more exotic, radiation poisioning which neither off the ladies passed away from.

This case is a lot about perception and how we process a story when parts are proven wrong.

Thanks all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Vaz said:

No tests were done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vaz said:

:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Vaz said:

The sheer number of helicopters reported further suggests this. 

:rolleyes:

I agree not just here but in most cases i see you reply to you have very inadequate case knowledge, you are also a bit ego driven and rude how you talk at people, it's you who needs to do far better research.

As you have already been told you are wrong neither the ladies nor Colby were ever diagnosed with radiation sickness, a ufologist said their syptoms looked like that to him and real doctors corrected his mistake. If you have legitmate medical documents showing otherwise please post them, too bad cash didnt have them during her lawsuit.

The number of choppers and type is great, except the air force didnt have that many of that type so it was impossible to be correct,

Plus the ladies didnt do their homework and made claims of marking the usaf doesnt use,

Before you tell others to DYOR be sure yours is up to par.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apparently, the Air Force did not have large writing on their helicopters as claimed. The Air Force did not have twin rotor helicopters at that time.

That's a problem for me.

Also, only one person was hospitalized.

That too is a problem for me.

• Like 2